“Great Family Experience”

La Hacienda Park Day Trip
Ranked #22 of 77 Outdoor Activities in Bavaro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Hacienda Park, the only Dominican Theme Park in the country. Buggies, Safari, Horse Ride, Ziplines, Chairlift, Quick Jump and Dominican typical lunch are included with an outstanding price.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

La Hacienda Park is very nicely set-up. Staff is very professional. I would definitely recommend for families w/ children, definitely worth the price

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Grupo_Interparks, Manager at La Hacienda Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Evelyn,

Thank you very much for your visit to La Hacienda Park! We are very glad to know you had a great time and we are looking forward your new visits with all our warmth! Thank you for your recommendations.

Best regards from all La Hacienda Park team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)
All reviews
"food was amazing"
in 7 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best excersion we did while there. We loved it alll!! Best price also. The zipline and buggies were our favorite

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit to La Hacienda Park! We are very glad to know you had a wonderful time and we are looking forward your new visits anytime you rae back on the island.

Best regards from all our team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Now if you want a thrill, this is an excursion you will have to take. This is a park that will have all your senses tingling. The experience is $99.00 a person and you cannot believe the amount of things you get to do. There is horseback riding, a buggy adventure, a safari ride, zip lining, a quick jump, chairlift ride, swimming and an authentic, Dominican lunch buffet included. Not to worry, if anything on that list does not appeal to you then you can easily skip it.

We got on a huge air-conditioned bus and it took about an hour and a half to get to the park because of all the stops at the other hotels which was kind of a bummer. The bus ride itself was an absolutely amazing experience. It took you through the real Dominican Republic, not all the fluff the resorts make it out to be. You go through the towns where barbershops are just a stand on a rundown piece of property, homes are just shacks with tin roofs and there are little kids riding around on dirt bikes. It really makes you appreciate how much you have in your life and what you take for granted. Not only do you get to see real life but also the sprawling mountains, plantations with huge cattle and the beauty of untouched nature.

To be honest I was terrified to go zip lining because I have a fear of heights. I knew I had to overcome it and La Hacienda is where I overcame my fear, took the leap and now know that I am still terrified of heights. I had a great time and I am so proud to say I went through with it. After that was over with you have an option to do a controlled jump off the tower or you can take the stairs. Still knowing my fear of heights was very much present, I did the jump, it was super easy and fun.

A short walk back to the main area leads you to the safari ride. You climb up into a military vehicle and take a bumpy ride through the park with people zip lining overhead and to a little town they created to teach you about their foods, farming and life. It was extremely educational and you even get to milk a cow!

There was about 30 people in the trail ride which led us through the forest, down hills and provided you with some really amazing scenery. We stopped on the side where one of the guides picked fresh guavas off a tree and tossed them to people who wanted them (guava is now my new favorite fruit).

Dismounted from our horses and sweating from the heat, we climbed into our buggies and raced down the dirt roads, through the mud and to a natural pool where we got to cool down and rinse off all that mud.

Make sure to bring a complete change of clothes for afterwards if you want to be comfortable on the ride back, we made the mistake of not doing that. The ride back to the the hotel was long and we were completely drained which proves to me that it was just another fun filled day.

To see photos of my trip or if you are intrested in my blog, check out my Instagram TheTravelXperiment !

1  Thank thetravelexperiment
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the highlight of the holiday it is well worth the money spent. There for all the activities and Food the worker are very nice people and you will have so much fun and jokes with them

Hello Kyelan,

Thank you very much for your visit to La Hacienda Park. We are very glad you had a great time and we are looking forward your new visits.

Warmest regards from all our team