Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
27,580 results
All reviewseden poollos gallosresort creditsun barmoon loungerock spaisla restaurantcentral poolrock royaltyzen restaurantmembers poolsax poolpunta canapalace resortspresidential suiterock starmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We had mixed feelings about this resort. As a Member of Palace Resort we wanted to go and be our own judge for Referals. The check in was the best. We had a Drink in hand rightaway. Felt like OK this is going to be great since we lost a day thanks to Delta. But thats another Story, We had our Key to our room within 10min. We were given some quick info and went with bellboy to our room. We were in 5B. Not much view (putt putts). We really like to see and hear the Beach and waves. Not Here.. The room was updated and was Clean and stocked well. The bed was Great, best sleep ever. They kept us stocked and plenty of towels in the room, OK towels, so when you go to the Pools and Beach Good luck with the Towels, Sometimes they have them but often they dont. We noticed alot of Guest getting 3 and 4 at a time so the rest of us had none. They need a better system and I mentioned this often to staff. The Beach is the best ever, you can walk forever. But be careful as their is a undertow,we saw a few rescues and their are alot of lifeguards on duty and you will here that whistle blow OK the restaurants, Toros.. Dont understand why you need a reservation as its like eating at a School the noise level is crazy loud you can not hear the person next to you or across from you the food is Just Bad and thats all im going to say about Toros. The Pizzara has the best pizza crust ever and look for Julia and Arcadio, they were the best ,they remember your names and what you drink. Tell them Hi! from Kentucky if you see them they always Smile and Give you the Best service they have a lunch and dinner menu. Beer was a little warm but the drinks were good not watered down like at the pools. Zens has the best santation in the entire resort and I watch for that,the grill chef washed his hands often. and thats a Good thing .Doris and Santiago at the sushi bar are two wonderful chefs tell them we say HI!!!The Romantic Dinner was also Very Very Good our waiter was Yoan, very friendly likes to take pictures and wants to learn more English and share Spanish with you to exchange words. He was a Very Funny Guy. We had lots of laughs.Would we go back Most likley No. Just did'nt have the Palace Resort Feel and the food was really just OK. No real Fine dining, some Guest did Dress up as we did , However you did see a lot of Shorts on Men at Zens and Toros. So anything Goes, The Kodak pictures is worth using your Palace bucks on but fair warning the seem to loose your pictures, need to work on a number system or go from room number of something. It took the 2hrs to fine ours, Just remember your on Vacation and enjoy what you have cuz soon you have to leave and go back to the real world of WORK....

Room Tip: Our room ok
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DerbyCityLouisville
R-Zamora, Customer Service at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Dear DerbyCityLouisville,

Many thanks for taking the time to review about your holidays with us. We would like you to know that we are very sorry we could not fulfill all your expectations this time with some of our services and facilities. Please be sure that we have shared your comments with all the involved departments as an important matter, we are always trying our best to improve in all aspects and our Valued Guests’ feedback is much appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back another time to show you the improvements.

With best regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2011

This resort is absolutely huge. Plan on a 15-20 minute walk to dinner, depending upon where your room is. We were in building one, which is right off the main building and as far away from everything you could get. We were in the ballroom one night, we were very close to that. There is a tram system, I don't think they are on an actual schedule, we used it twice, as the restaurant we were going to was on the complete other side of the resort. So we used the tram to get there and back.

The room was large as far as a regular hotel room goes. It was quite clean, and cleaned well each day, however, we did tip each day. Our mini bar was filled daily, which was nice. The bathroom was also nice, huge shower, with double shower heads.

As I said, the resort is huge, 11 pools, and a huge waterslide. The pools didn't really seem to fill up, as there were so many choices. The drink service at the pool was pretty good. You were never forgotten, it could just take a little while.

We only ate at the buffet for breakfast. The service was good and the food was good. I did get an omelette made each day, so it was always fresh. There were a few odd things as far as we were concerned, but you could always find something to eat.

We dined at Ipanema with a group of 40 one night. They put us on the terrace with one very long table. The lighting is very poor. Watch out for the steps. Okay, everything started out good, cocktails, salad, very little bread, then was supposed to be the "experience". This restaurant is a Brazilian steakhouse. If you have ever been to a Brazilian steakhouse, it is wonderful. Not so much here. At any other restaurant like this, there are several waiters running around with skewers of meat. USUALLY so much meat, you can barely move. At this place, there was one skewer of meat, pork, that was served. It was horrible. It was a 2 hour disaster. Dessert was brought out after half of the group had left. Didn't eat it.

There was a deli in the main building. They will make you a panini to order, that was really good.

Pizzeto, all I can say is I think our waiter quit after taking our drink orders. The pasta was good, so was the pizza. Don't count on getting a refill on your beverage.

I think you get the picture with this resort. The check in was easy as was the check out. We did check out in a different area, as we were with a large group. Although, one person in our shuttle to the airport did not watch her bags get put on the bus, and they were left at the hotel. Make sure you see your bags put on the bus!

One last thing...make sure you bring a flashlight. Power went out at least 4 times that I am aware of, and the resort is REALLY dark.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank J W

Dear zeke14,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review about your stay at our beautiful Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana. We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time here. Please be sure that we have shared your comments on our service with our Management and all the involved departments in order to take the corresponding measures to guarantee our Valued Guests’ satisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to show you the improvements.

Always at your service,

Reviewed 24 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel April 2 to 9th. From the moment we arrived we received excellent service and I couldn't get over how happy the staff is round the clock.
Ivan was our representative while we were there and he was so pleasant and helpful. Do go on the tour as you will get credit to use at the resort. I wish we could have become members. I recommend you wait at least 24 hours before going on the tour so you get to experience how nice this resort is.

We loved the restaurants especially the Japanese restaurant. For desserts Must has some yummy selections. They have creme puffs behind the counter that are the best I have ever had!

The Spa was outstanding. I had a facial and it was so refreshing. My husband had the Gentlemen's haircut and was impressed as he got a massage of his neck. The Casino was fun and I actually won money there and love the way they round it off to the next dollar. We enjoyed the Dominican Experience tour which takes you up into the mountains. Even the beach vendors were nice and I picked up some pretty jewelry. Room service was great and on our anniversary they brought us a decorated cake with Happy Anniversary written in Spanish and a bottle of champagne.

The beach was fabulous and we loved the grass huts when the sun got to hot and also not having to return towels. The lifeguards watched everyone in the water constantly so you felt very safe.

We enjoyed walking around the resort, but the trolleys were a great help at times when we were going to the beach.

The rooms are very nice and I loved the bathroom. The shower could hold 5 people and I loved the dressing table. I did wish there were an outlet near the dressing table to plug my curling iron into.

There are some nice shops at the hotel. I bought quite a few things at shop called Cheema Brothers and prices were reasonable.

We loved having free calls to the United States and being able to use the computers free in the business center. This resort will spoil you. I know I will compare all future vacations to our recent stay at the Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana.

Karen Cape Cod, Massachusetts

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catlover4ever2
Relaciones P, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Your comments are much appreciated! Thank you for deciding to stay with us during this vacation trip! We are thrilled to learn you liked our hotel. Knowing how an incredible experience you had here makes us really happy! we hope you have the opportunity to come back again. Rock On.!

“This Review was responded to on behalf of the General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana.”

Reviewed 24 April 2011

We just returned from our trip to the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, DR and after reading a few reviews before I was honestly a little concerned, which I can now say was justified. I feel compelled to add my own in hope of saving someone from experiencing the same thing my family just did.

We have four children (ages 2-13), and I think if you were to ask them they would say it was ok. The pools and beach were nice, they were able to eat ice cream every night, and in general had fun. That's the best thing I can say about the trip. Unlike my wife and I, they could care less about real food and service.

When we walked in I was impressed, the place looked cool as I would expect a Hard Rock branded property to look (which wasn't the case once you left the lobby). My family sat down while I began the check in process and received cool towels to get refreshed, nice touch. While in line I was offered a nice island drink while I waited, AND WAITED, AND WAITED. It seemed like they had enough staff, just no one moving quickly.

An HOUR later my family and I finally arrived in our room, one of the Presidential suites. I have stayed in a number of very nice suites in my travels, and while the room was fine, there was nothing "Presidential" about it. It was an average 2 bedroom suite, and that's all.

From there things went down hill. We arrived at the beach, after a eating breakfast at one of the buffets (our first of many challenging meals), around 10am to find there were no more towels and we were told would have to wait 30 min. for a towel. Fortunately I was able to find a supervisor that was very helpful and took me for ride on a golf cart to secret "stash" of towels. Not a good start.

One of the main problems we experienced was the language barrier. I understand and speak some spanish, but not fluent, and still had difficulty communicating. Many of the staff speak zero english. Even in guest relations, they speak very little english, which amazed me. As an example we called down and asked for extra towels one evening before heading out for dinner, upon our return we found a roll away bed in our room???

The other main problem was the food and drinks. Like other reviewers I have been to other all inclusives, so my expectations weren't over the top. Every restaurant and every meal was the same with the exception of Zen which was ok. The food quality was just poor, and the bad service made it even worse. It seemed every Ala Carte meal we ordered, including room service, had issues. Either someone received the wrong meal, or no meal, and when you asked for anything slightly modified, due to the language barrier, your luck of getting what you asked for was about as good at winning in the casino.

The drinks were generally weak and selection limited. At the pool they came in small cups with lots of ice, generally good for about two or three sips. We happened to have a great waitress that refilled often so it wasn't a huge deal but another little frustrating thing.

Then there was the $1500 credit we received. This was good for things like spa appointments, excursions, casino match play, wine upgrades, "professional" photography, etc. This seemed like it would be great, but again ended up being a source of frustration. First you had to wait in line to see someone in the lobby to learn about what you could use it for, which was really a cover to try and sell you a time share, then you had wait in another line to see someone else that would actually schedule your excursions and give you your vouchers.

When we tried to use the credit to upgrade to one of the "premium wines"($100 bottle you can buy for $10 at home) they said they had to call to check on the credit, and finally ended up bringing the wine (the wrong bottle to boot) after we were done with our meals.

Another thing we used the credit for was a photo package. When we showed up for our appointment scheduled for 6pm to catch the sunset, we had to wait for the photographer for over 30 min. supposedly because he needed batteries for his flash, when he finally arrived, we were told there was a scheduling problem and they had double booked. There ended up being another couple that was trying to get pictures at the same time we were. While we are arguing with the photographer the sun is setting we're still not at the beach taking pictures. We were finally able to out jockey the other couple and get the photographers and our family (try getting 4 kids ready for a photo shoot while on vacation, never fun, we were not giving up easy) to the beach. To top it off the photographer ended up being terrible. We had to pose our kids as he just stood there with the camera. We ended up with many useless over exposed pictures in the near darkness, frustrating!!!

In the end we didn't even end up using much of the credit, which is what I believe they hope for by making you have to jump through hoops to get anything.

There were many other incidents of little things that didn't make it easy to relax and enjoy our time together as a family as the week went on.

This could have been a great trip, unfortunately it was just ok, thanks to some beautiful weather.

So if your a gambler and don't mind taking risks outside the casino, I would say go ahead and good luck, otherwise, I would look to other options that offer better service and more value for your hard earned money and your very valuable time.

Room Tip: The place is huge, ask for room in the middle
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2011

First off, was a bit leary of some of the bad reviews I have read prior to our trip to the DR>.. Well, I think all of the negative reviews were totally wrong. We traveled with our children (teenagers) as well as another family with kids the same age and we were all very impressed with the whole resort. The particular week we were there, (April 10-15) was fairly quiet. It seemed from what people said, the week prior to our arrival and the week after we were there were to be much more crowded. With that being said, we had great service, never a need to reserve chairs at the pool or beach and restaurants were never crowded. We absolutely loved the room, which is considered just a standard room.. IT was by far the nicest room we have ever had. No need to upgrade. The pools were all great and the beach was absolutely beautiful. Loved the waitress service both by the pools as well as on the beach. Our building was in a prime spot as we were central to everything from the beach, main restuarants and lobby.. (building 4) we were on the 3rd floor. Maid service was awesome with them coming 2 times a day.. Never did order room service, but the menu did look great. We stayed for 5 nights but really wished we had at least another day or 2.. Would definitely recommend this resort and would go back in a heartbeat. Casino and spa were both great too..

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
R-Zamora, Customer Service at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2011

Dear jodiann87,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review about your stay at our beautiful Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, we are truly pleased to know that you and your family had a great time and enjoyed all our excellent services and beautiful facilities. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon to this piece of paradise to keep providing you memorable experiences in your holidays.

Our best regards,