Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
US$1,198
US$463
US$204
27,580 results
All reviewseden poollos gallosresort creditsun barmoon loungerock spaisla restaurantcentral poolrock royaltyzen restaurantmembers poolsax poolpunta canapalace resortspresidential suiterock starmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is without doubt the best all inclusive (AI) resort we have been to and the entire holiday was superb. This is a wonderful massive resort with lots to do and the casino is brilliant (although dangerous!). Resort is so big that they have their own shuttle bus route with shuttles every 15 minutes. Note that we were not here during peak time which was nice as it wasn't too busy. I wouldn't want to stay here when it is rammed as I can imagine how manic it can be, especially at the pools. May was perfect as it was before the hurricane season and although the forecast was rain every day, we had nothing but sunshine and beautiful hot weather. Resort credits is a brilliant idea and we made full use of this at the Spa, hence the amount we got for what we paid at the Spa was unbelievable. Note that the Spa is only worth it with resort credits as otherwise its probably the most expensive Spa I have come across.

Room
We had a Caribbean Sand Suite at Rock Star Level. The room was comfortable, clean with a huge bathroom. No bathtub but a huge shower room. You don't need a huge tub due to the hot tub in the room which is massive and brilliant. Just what you need to relax in your own room. You have a pull out bar in the room with Vodka, Gin, Whiskey and Rum (local). The mini bar is stocked and this is all included in the AI but we never used it as we were always drinking in the bars/restaurants. One thing I always expect of a hotel is a decent shower and this was my main issue with the room. It's a huge cubicle (more a room) with two showers but the temperature kept alternating and not enough volume of water so really thin jets. I wouldn't mention this normally but it is a 5* hotel where some celebs stay. Many of the TV channels were in Spanish but you can switch language over to English.

Rockstar Level
The rooms are closer to the beach but i my opinion this is not worth it. The main appeal is a butler service for which I really didn't see the added value. He was a bit of a middle man and I thought he was a bit lazy as some of the things we asked he hadn't done. Also, half the time he wasn't even at the hotel I thought. For a family with kids or during peak times I'm sure the butler will be useful but for an active couple during quieter times it's a waste of time. You do get access to a private pool but in May you don't need a private pool as there is plenty of room at the other pools. Do not pay for Rock Star during non-peak times as it's not worth it.

Pools
It's a massive resort with so many pools you are spoiled for choice. There is an adult pool which is quieter. The main pool is a bit noisy as there is a DJ blasting the music all day but ehy encourage you to participate in group things such as dance lessons and water polo. You're spoiled for choice on pools and most have food/drinks bars. The burger i had was huge (American portions of course) and it was so good for a beach bar burger. Not all the pools are next to the beach (it's a huge resort).

Beach
Biggest beach I have seen and pure white sand with turquoise water. They also have plenty of hammocks set up with the trunks of the palm trees. The beach is right in front of the hotel so pretty much next to the pools.

Spa
I've experienced many spas in Thailand and other places but this is the best Spa by far that I have ever been to. Value for money here is incredible. You have to get to the spa an hour before your treatment for an hour long hydrotherapy (which is included in the price).

Restaurants
Zen - Japanes was superb with the hibachi grill display amazing. Great chefs who entertain and all highly trained with the knives. Chinese was good too.
Italian - this was ok, thought it was a bit bland.
Mexican - really good food and fajitas were excellent.
Buffet - very good selection of food, dessert, fruit, salad, etc. All made with fresh ingredients and no issues.
Ipanema - it's buffet style and again no complaints. Staff walk around with huge pieces of meat on sticks which they peal off at your table. Make sure you are hungry!
Cafe - open all night and you can come here when the night is done for some grub and they have pizza, burgers plus other dishes.
pizzeria - i was really disappointed with this as the ingredients were fresh but they had just lumped them together in the middle of the dough with all the cheese. Real shame as it could've been an awesome pizza and all that was needed was th eingredients spread out.

Entertainment
They have a theatre with a show every night. The only one we went to was the Michael Jackson show which was brilliant.
Moon bar is very good and at peak times i'm sure it's rammed but it was quiet for us but still good to chill and have a drink.
Forget the ORO nightclub, they charge you to get in and once you're in the drinks are ridiculously expensive. The club is actually in the casino which has a huge bar in the middle. It's better just to chill at the casino and have drinks there. Hence, why pay in the club when drinks are free in the casino (you have to pay for some premium drinks). They put on beach parties too and try the romantic evening dinner by the pool (charge for this but it's worth it).

On the whole this was one of th ebest holidays we have had and we would definitely come back. However, I would come again during the same time and I would not go for Rock Star level as you'll regret not spending that extra money at the Spa. Regret not taking a golf lesson at the Jack Niklaus signature golf course as that looked amazing.

Thank you Hard Rock!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Suraj G
Karl B, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you so much for letting us know that you had a blast and can’t wait to come back, Suraj G!!! We’re glad you found our hotel to be top notch! It was great to read you enjoyed our many pools and restaurants. The Michael Jackson is indeed great and the Moon Lounge is definitely the place to go for some fun!! Be sure to visit us again so you can play like a Rock Star in the Jack Nicklaus golf course!

"This Review was responded to on behalf of Karl B, General Manager Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana”

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Rockin Band Revolver Great Guys and Good Music !! Check in at RCI counter the 2 girls at check in need some customer service skills ???? Beautiful Resort but it has changed somewhat since 2 years ago new owners Thankfully the band is still at hardrock ! Keep on Rocking Guys

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thanks for coming back, Donna T! Revolver Reloaded does Rock and we’re glad you enjoyed their performance! Our apologies on regards to the service given at check in, our Front Desk Managers are aware of your comments so we can improve. We can’t wait for your third visit to our hotel!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic holiday. The hotel is beautiful. Staff very helpful and friendly. Didn't have to lift a finger for a week. Good food choices and no restrictions on anything. Plenty to do for the whole family. Already planning next visit!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank joxxjo

How thrilling to know that your holiday Rocked, joxxjo!! We’re elated that our Hard Rockers treated you like a Rock Star! We’re glad you’re already planning your return visit to Paradise! ALL IS ONE.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I went with a group of friends for a week. We had a wonderful time. Our room was perfect and the hotel staff is incredible. I want to especially thank Marvin Jonay Calera Sanchez, who works at the pool area. He always made sure we had anything and everything we needed.

Linda S.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for the glowing review you gave us, Linda S!!! We’re glad you enjoyed the suite you stayed in and the service of our Hard Rockers! Thanks for the kudos to Marvin who was very attentive throughout your stay! Come and Rock with us soon! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've been to the Hard Rock before in Florida and loved it. I was so excited when I found out there was one in Punta Cana being that I have traveled to DR with family a few years ago. Beautiful country. I told my boyfriend we had to go here for a vacation. Once we arrived to the hotel, we were greeted with Mimosas and also an easy check in. The hotel is HUGE and super nice. SO clean and friendly staff too. However, when we arrived to the hotel, my boyfriend requested for a building toward the middle and we were told no due to no rooms being available...ok..we were given building 1B, 4th floor. As soon as we got there we noticed swamps and the forest right across from the building. Right away I knew it would be an issue since this would attract more bugs. I understand that in the Dominican Republic, there are bugs, TRUST me I get it, but not the kind we were about to encounter that night. We gave it a shot. Coming back to the room after dinner, the building was empty, I honestly think we were the only ones on that floor or even in that building. Walking back there were literally BUGS dead on the floor and crawling on top of one another, flying toward the lights, and to top it all off, we went back to the room and they were crawling UNDER the door of our room, I'm not one to complain because I hate being that kind of customer, BUT i was not having it. Who wants to sleep with one eye open?! Right away I called front desk and requested a new building to be placed because this was unacceptable. Especially being that we booked this trip back in January, we should not be getting bottom of the barrel. The bell boy came to help us with our bags and he even said people complain about this building the first night they stay there, so I knew I wasn't over exaggerating. All in all, they gave us a better room, located in building 6,(Even after we were told no rooms were available during check in, it's alright, I'll pretend they didn't say that) which was perfect because we were less than 10 minutes from the beaches and the pools AND one floor away from the main lobby/casino. AMAZING. The beach was beautiful, the sand was nice and cool along with the water being warm. The food was good and drinks were great, always kept them coming. Our favorite restaurant was Zen and we always went to The Market for breakfast!! I still love the Hard Rock even though for that little hiccup and I would definitely be back :0)

Room Tip: Stay away from buildings 1 and 8!! REQUEST something in the middle, trust me.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lauren m

Hey there thanks for this Rockin’ review, lauren m, you are a Rock Star! We loved reading that you had a quick check in and enjoyed the friendliness of our Hard Rockers! Our apologies for the mishap you had with the first room you were given. We follow strict fumigation processes and we’ve shared your comments with our Quality Department. On the other hand, we’re happy you enjoyed your new room and the meals in our different restaurants like The Market and Zen! We’re looking forward to see you guys again soon! SAVE THE PLANET.