Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
10,679 results
All reviewssurf and turfboom boomstar friendskobe beeflobsterdinner reservationscigar barbutler serviceour honeymoonpool barother resortsspecialty restaurantslunch buffetbubble bathpina coladaall inclusive resortrose petals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We are return guests to the Iberostar Grand having just enjoyed a week 12/10-12/17. This was our fourth visit. This visit was with our sons, one married and one single, and the second time we all visited together. We return because this hotel just continues to improve! The management team and all the staff are focused on the guest experience.

Notable on the visit was the beautiful cheese station at the evening Buffet restaruant. This buffet is nothing short of excellent and the cheese selection and presentation are first rate.

Each evening our family gathered for cocktails in the lounge. We played cards and enjoyed top-shelf cocktails along with an enjoyable live music. Cocktail selections are first rate with the best selections of scotch, vodka, gin. I did suggest at least one more upscale selection of a bourbon. Bourbons have become very popular in the U.S. and it would perhaps be a good idea to offer a more upscale choice than the Jim Beam offering. Perhaps a Markers Mark bottle or similar...

Otherwise hard to find fault with this property. Service: Excellent. Facility: Excellent. Food and Beverage: Excellent Golf: Excellent Beach and Pools: Excellent.

A special thanks to Melissa who helped my wife organize a trip Macao Beach. We met Melissa on our visit last year. She recalled meeting us and could not have been more helpful and accommodating. It's difficult to pick standouts from among the staff. At all levels this team of people stand out as a whole.

Thanks to all for another enjoyable visit.

Room Tip: We've been everywhere. All good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience among us.
Our entire team is much honored to acknowledge how you highlighted out our excellent service that continues to improve according to your motivating words. In Iberostar, as you are used to, we want our beloved guests to “enjoy being a Star”.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again; please feel free to contact us prior your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We traveled to Punta Cana during the week of Thanksgiving. The hotel met and exceeded our expectations. The staff could not do enough for us. The hotel grounds and beach area were spectacular.
The hotel was all inclusive and provided all that we needed for our stay at the hotel, with no hidden charges at the end of our stay.
The beach was magnificent and super clean. Service on beach and restaurant was outstanding.
We had are own personal butler who take care of any of are needs
Our only negative experience was the use of their casino, not very good at all. Go to Hard Rock Casino down the street.

Room Tip: Over looking pool area or more expensive the beach and ocean
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We thank you for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro and also for choosing our hotel for your vacations.
In the name of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, Hotel Manager, we would like to express you our satisfaction to acknowledge that our hotel and friendly staff met and exceeded your expectations and were the reason why you felt as a “Star” as we aim in Iberostar.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again; please feel free to contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations with us.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here the first week of December 2013. GRAND in every way and sense of the word. Every staff member greeted you with a genuine smile and made sure you had everything you need. The room, the beach, the pools, the grounds were all immaculately kept.
There was plenty of activities and nightly entertainment if you chose to partake. Or you could do what we did and simply relax, get pampered and take in the beautiful surroundings.

I would like to send a special thank you (ATTN: Iberostar management!) to some of staff that made the week so spectacular. Luis, our butler was amazing. Luis provided everything we needed plus something special on our anniversary night. Enjoyed his service and our conversations with him. Juan and Rosie were amazing servers! They were there for us no matter if we were poolside or sitting at the beach. Finally, Lely at the pool bar was awesome. Huge personality that showed he really enjoyed what he did. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!

The Grand Bavaro has everything you could ask for and more in a romantic getaway. Now that we have been spoiled, we will make sure we look for Iberostar Grand wherever we travel. We will absolutely return here and cannot recommend this place highly enough!

My wife and I are very picky eaters, but still can rate the food as very good. So much to eat any time of the day at the buffets. Our favorite dining restaurant was the SURF&TURF.

Tips:
-Take advantage of the onsite photographer! We had pictures taken on our anniversary that turned out awesome.
-Prestige Limo Service was a great choice for private airport transfer.
-Reserve your dinner reservations by email before you arrive--one less thing to worry about when you get there
-The onsite SPA service is great. Had a wonderful couples massage

Room Tip: We had oceanview, 3rd floor. Had great view of courtyard and ocean. All rooms have solid doors and a second entryway door that really makes rooms quiet.
3  Thank OhioAlwaysTravelin
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear guest,
In the name of the hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor traveler community.
Our whole team, in especial those staff members whom you named in the review, is motivated by your publication where you highlighted out our friendliness and excellent service that made you fell pampered. In Iberostar we want our beloved guests to “enjoy being a Star.
We are looking forward to see you again and remain at your entire disposition for any request you may have before your next visit,
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The first impression of the resort was really great. Everything looks really lavish, the rooms are big and the ambiance is really nice. However, the food and the service were subpar at best. After we just arrived we went to dinner, where the staff was aggressively trying to collect the feedback forms for them. We felt like we couldn't not be honest since nothing about that feedback was anonymous and we didn't want the service to get worse. There was no service by the poolside or the beach. It was impossible to find a good chair since people reserved spots for themselves (with their own towels??) in both areas and were not even there. The food at the buffet was really stale, but the food at the restaurants was probably even worse. It did not resemble at all the cuisine that it was supposed to be and it seemed that the chefs have never actually been to an Italian or French restaurant. And what's worse is that the staff really didn't seem to want to be there. one night we had to call up for room service and it took almost two hours for someone to actually get back to us. My boyfriend actually had to go to the front desk to get some attention. It just seems that the management invested a lot of money into the actual resort but really skimmed on food and service. The resort, in our opinion was definitely not a five star. However, with just some improvement in the training (compensation ? ) of its staff it can absolutely get there.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

There were lots of things we loved about this hotel
- plenty of sunbeds around the pool with a lot of space between them, nice comfy mattresses and you could have 2 towels per person to cover the whole bed.
- room was a decent size with sufficient storage space and was kept clean twice a day
- we didn't ask much of our butler but when we did eg the mini bar had not been stocked as requested and we had water problems, he sorted them out quickly and efficiently
- excellent selection of food at the buffet restaurant
- a decent gym with good equipment, it was small but had cross trainers, treadmills, bikes, free weights and some weights machines so enough for a week or twos holiday.
- nice big pool which you could swim in without bumping into inflatables
- loved the chocolate fountain at lunch and dinner especially the chocolate one
- loads of fruit at every meal including my favourite papaya
- I like to go running. I would leave the hotel and just go along the driveway to the main road then come back again. It was a 2.5 mile round trip on safe pavements. Since I was worried about getting lost I just kept going up and down with the occasional branch off to look at other hotels

The reasons why I didn't give it 5 star were mostly down to the main buffet restaurant ...
- The food was at best Luke warm. Even when we went for lunch at 1pm when it opened the dishes were not hot. If I saw them bringing something new out I would often go for it but that tended to be cool. I think things must be sat out in the kitchen for a while before being brought out and the system to keep food hot does not appear to be working.
- labelling of dishes is poor. One day they did not put the labels out until 1.20pm and not everything gets labels. Also these labels are not always that helpful eg 'stuffed pepper' well we can all see that it is a stuffed pepper but as a vegetarian I need to know what it is in it. If I asked they did not understand me or told me in Spanish. A couple of times I asked if it was vegetarian and was told it was safe only to get a mouthful of fish or meat.
- My biggest issue was with the serving utensils. They had several different areas with different dishes. In each area there was a mixture of meat/fish and veggie dishes, maybe about 10. However, there were only about 4 or 5 serving utensils. This meant that people were using the same utensils to pick up sausages then vegetables and I was then expected to use these which had been touching the meat. Some vegetarians do not mind this but I do. Other hotels either have enough utensils for one per dish or they have the veggie and meat separate. There was at least a salad section which was separate.
The later two issues I brought up with guest relations on the second day but nothing was done about it. They gave me a letter to say I was vegetarian which I handed over. They said they could do me a special meal but all I wanted was to know what want was OK to eat as there was plenty of veggie food as well as clean utensils. It would be quite simple to put a 'V' on the label of the dishes which are vegetarian or perhaps a 'vegetarian corner' like at other hotels.

I did not starve though. In the end I took up a clean spoon to serve myself and took things from the back so that they wouldn't have been contaminated with meat utensils!! I got some funny looks but at least I knew my food was safe even if it was cold!

It may sound like I am moaning about this hotel but really it was only a couple of things about the restaurant which I think can easily be addressed - I once went to a hotel which had a microwave so you could reheat your food! I expect we will be back as the positives far outweigh the negatives

2  Thank maps

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we would like to thank you for writing a review about your experience among us and for choosing Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for your holidays.
We thank you for highlighting out the friendliness of our staff and our varied gastronomy. Both aspects are part of our guiding principles in Iberostar to ensure memorable stays to our beloved guests.
On the other hand, we once again extend our apologies for the inconveniences related to your food preferences and our food label. We have shared your suggestion to our Executive Chef.
Please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival to help you to enjoy your next visit.
Yours sincerely,