Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
US$375
US$326
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Los Corales Beach Village(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$246
Priceline
US$230
TripAdvisor
US$927
Hotelpower.com
10,810 results
All reviewssurf and turfboom boomstar friendskobe beeflobsterdinner reservationscigar barbutler serviceour honeymoonpool barother resortsspecialty restaurantslunch buffetbubble bathpina coladaall inclusive resortrose petals
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Punta Cana in March 2014. Neither of us have ever been previously so we did a lot of research and asked around. After going back and fourth between resorts, we decided on Iberostar Grand Bavaro and it was the best decision. It is definitely worth the extra money. The resort was sold out but never did we feel that it was crowded. We had a couples massage on the beach. It was to die for, quite possibly the best massages we have ever had. We also did the private romantic dinner at the beach which was $300 extra. The food wasn't anything to write home about but it was absolutely worth the experience. We are looking forward to visiting Iberostar Grand Rose in Jamaica this fall.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AshleyC525
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a wonderful vacation. The staff will take care of your every need and always with a smile. Rooms were great, the beach is fantastic...softest white sand ever. Food was very good with several choices, but reserve your dinners early. You also have to reserve your beach or pool seating EARLY. We will go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Overall, we had an excellent time at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana! We chose to go here on our annual vacation because of the Trip Advisor reviews and we had never been to the DR. It definitely lived up to our expectations and all the reviews that we had read were on point.

Prior to trip: Be sure to contact Iberostar in advance and request to make your dinner reservations early. We did this after reading some of the reviews.

Arrival: Our arrival at the airport was great, paid our $10 tourist fee and was on a bus in about 30 - 45 minutes after landing. Didn't take long to get to the resort at all. When we got to the resort our rooms were not ready so we grabbed some lunch and relaxed with a few cocktails, Mama Juana was the first drink I had and it is great on ice! One of our rooms was ready at 3:00, the other at 3:15. We went to our rooms, 7326 and 7327, luggage was there and Kelvin, our butler greeted us. He had all of our reservations ready for us for each night except the first night (we ate the buffet that night, which was fine). We requested corona, Presidente light, and champagne which was brought to us promptly on ice. Rooms were great and turned out to be a great location in our opinion. Ocean front would be nice, but there are not many available. I wouldn't waste your money on a swim up. Next time I would be willing to try out a courtyard view to get a full view of the resort pools, etc.

Stay: Everyday our normal schedule was get up early reserve beach chairs with a cabana, I am an early riser, so I would stroll out about 7:00 every morning and reserve chairs with the provided towels. We'd stay on the beach through about midafternoon then make our way to the pool bar to close out the day before dinner. A couple days we did reserve cabana's pool side and stayed in the pool all day.

Food: Almost every morning for breakfast we would get room service; this was a nice feature that is included at no additional cost. The other mornings we would go to the breakfast buffet which was great. The only complaint on the buffet is that the omelet station(s) are not efficient at all. Every day for lunch we did the outdoor buffet. Great spread of food, no complaints here. For dinner we did the buffet on the first night and a la cart every other night.

Beach Club on one night, get the Kobe Beef, one of the best steaks I have ever had along with the french onion soup puree!

Japanese one night, very good hibachi! We got chicken and shrimp, both very good!

Italian one night, this was not that great. Overall the food was not that impressive and the service was the worst we had. Not that it was horrible, but compared to the other service we got, it was at the bottom of the pole! A particular experience I will share is every night we would order wine off of the "wine list". We did this as usual and got one round of wine, then all of a sudden they happen to "run out" and bring us a cheaper not so comparable bottle. Let me tell you something, they didn't run out. Not that big of a deal, but just a little issue.

Surf N' Turf two nights, great place! The food was great all the way from appetizer through desert! First night I got the Filet, second night I got the Porterhouse. The service here is also wonderful!

During our stay we also got a couples massage. Olga and Lidia were great and you couldn't beat the price, $95 per person for 80 minutes!

I'd like to give a big shoutout to a couple of staff members that took good care of us during our stay; Kelvin and Marcos, Bruno, Jorge, Rosie, Kennedy, "Pico de Gallo" (her name begins with a Y and she is the hostess at Surf and Turf). Keep up the good work and we'll see you next time!

Room Tip: We stayed in 7326 and 7327. Rooms were great and turned out to be a great location in our opinion. Ocean front would be nice, but there are not many available. I wouldn't waste your money on a swim up. Next time I would be willing to try out a courtyard view to get a full view of the resort pools, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Keith T
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at this resort 3 weeks ago and cannot say enough good things about it.
The beach was beautiful, the room was gorgeous, the staff courteous, fun and helpful especially Ricardo and Armando as hosts as they truly outdid themselves during our stay. The main buffet dining room was consistently delicious and the restaurants were good but not excellent.
I truly recommend this place!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank acosto
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you are looking for an amazing stress free, romantic get away this is the place! the resort itself is beautiful and since there are only a few hundred rooms and with the size of the property it never felt congested. the hotel is immaculately clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful (big shout out to Tommy, Boom Boom, Rosie and our butler A.Gomez who stopped at nothing to make sure all of our needs were met). I really can't think of a negative thing to say about this place and I have been all over the world. from the beaches to the service this place is tops!

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing! there are truly only a few "beach front" rooms so save your $$ and just get a standard. you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple