Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
US$211
US$190
US$250
  • Breakfast included
Los Corales Beach Village(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$230
TripAdvisor
US$927
Hotelpower.com
10,811 results
All reviewssurf and turfboom boomstar friendskobe beeflobsterdinner reservationscigar barbutler serviceour honeymoonpool barother resortsspecialty restaurantslunch buffetbubble bathpina coladaall inclusive resortrose petals
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was my first trip solo, in an all inclusive Hotel, in Punta Cana.

I will not speak of the issues I encountered with the travel agency SOLTUR, but will concentrate on the Hotel.

The resort is very comfortable and relaxing. It has everything you can possibly need to unwind and chill. We are checked in at reception when we arrive. The first receptionist was not very helpful, thankfully Juan Carlos stepped in and arranged for the type of room I had requested be ready via housekeeping which he supervised himself (it was 9:30pm). Beltran the bell boy kept me company while my room was being readied and he was very respectful, sweet and attentive. Very welcoming, I must say.

I was then greeted by my Butler, Francisco who gave me the lay of the land. The Resort is big and he explained how things work. He was also very sweet.

In the morning, I met my second Butler named Gomez. He was super kind and during my stay he was actually the most present and always with a smile, asking me if I was okay, if I needed anything, and he works long, long hours. We always bumped into each other and during the day and evenings, and he always checked in on me. As a woman travelling solo, I felt very respected and well taken care off, which is very important. Safety is always an issue and Mr. Gomez was always especially attentive making sure everything was running smoothly for me. He is very polite, super educated and professional, knows 4 languages (Spanish, English, Italian and French), and very respectable. Needless to say, I was impressed.

I was lucky I had such amazing Butlers, - I have to mention that Mr.Pasteur the Butler from the top floors also helped me out and was super kind and helpful too - and he wasn't even my Butler! He just came to my recue per chance - the team work is amazing between them.

Now here is where I feel a girl traveling solo needs to be somewhat careful - in the restaurants, the male waiters can be chatty in an iffy sense. One asked me if I wanted a baby of his. I actually got confused and thought he wanted to sell me one of his children, and when I said, 'What??? You ant me to buy your baby???', really confused and shocked he said, 'tonight I make baby with you'...Yup. I told him I was 41 and old enough to be his Mama and that he should be more respectful to women, especially when they are traveling alone. That straightened him up but every time I walked into the Buffet I had to see him and it was very uncomfortable. And he was not the only one. After being approached in this manner by at least 5 different male waiters, (never guests), I literally had to tell everyone I was a happily married woman who was 41 (apparently no one gives me that age), and that my husband could not make it at the last min. After that, they backed off and all was good. So if you don't want to be hit on, (because they will approach you with sexual intentions), you have to make sure they understand you are absolutely not available. As of then, you're ok.

The staff works super hard. And grueling hours. I know it is an all inclusive resort and as such tips are included, but these people work from dawn to dawn. They work 2 weeks running, take 3 days off (and most travel 8 hours by bus to reach their families), only to come back and repeat the process. I always tipped. My Butlers got 5 dollars when I met them and whenever they helped me out I tipped them between a minimum of 5 to 20 dollars. I have to say that Mr. Gomez was especially swift at solving any issues I encountered.

I always gave all the waiters at the Buffet's 1 dollars each. 5 always waited on me so that would be 5 dollars each meal. I handed the cash to them personally because otherwise it gets pooled and then divided. However, I think next time I will just leave the tips on the table for pooling because I kept having to look for them which was complicated, but because I started this system I just kept to it, so as not to offend anyone.

I also tipped 1 dollar at the beach for every drink I got. Even if it was mere water. The beach waiters are in the hot sun all day long catering for our comfort, so they definately deserve those tips.

When I left my room, I always left a dollar for the cleaning ladies. So that would be 2 dollars a day. At the end of my trip, I gave the morning housekeeper 5 dollars and the same for the evening housekeeper who wrote me a heart warming thank you note which was a delight to me. Her name is Diani and she's a doll. She would always leave me sweet thank you's with flowers and hearts.

I would also tip the minibar boys a dollar a day for stocking up the bar and snack section.

One thing - The beds are very soft. You sink into them. But on the plus side, you have a pillow menu :)

The Hotel entertainment is awesome and the entertainment team is very friendly and kind and fuuun!!! They dance amazing!!! Cheers to all of them.

The Hotel has an awesome theater with different programs running every night. I recommend checking them out. Also, there are many activities during the day should you wish to have a more active experience. Merengue and Bachata dancing, Aqua Aerobics and Aqua Volley, Beach Volley and sooo many other ones I cannot remember.

I leave a warm and heartfelt hug with all my thanks to the wonderful, wonderful people that made my stay extra special; Mr. Gomez, Beltran, Juan Carlos, Diani, Mr. Pasteur, Mr. Francisco, Ramon, Juanita, Julie, Tommy, Reyes, Jose, Kenny, Jyulisa, Armando and so many others which know who they are (I have forgotten their names... sorry ...). An amazing, super, mega hard working team!!!

I could go on and on about how amazing these people are and what they did. Quick example: I celebrated my 41st birthday and got 3 cakes!! 1 for breakfast,1 for lunch and one for dinner, (well, that one was a lovely crepe suzzet!). Ramon organized the surprise breakfast at the Buffet at the spot I always sat in. Well, my spot was filled with stunning flowers, champagne and I even got a gift :) This all came from the staff, out of their own iniciative. They sang happy birthday, danced merengue aroung my table and I was laughing and crying at the same time. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Amazing people. Amazing warm and caring people, truly!

Hope I helped :)))

xoxoxxo!!!!

Room Tip: If you hate elevators, the ground floor rooms are great. I love the garden view. The best though, are the ocean view, top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
18  Thank AnichaAhmad
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was a fantastic experience. From the time we were welcomed by Dixon (the bellman), everyone took wonderful care of us. We especially appreciated Angel, Henry, and Luis (our butlers), Altagracia, Elias, Keyla, Leandro, and Cristina (in the main restaurant), Osiris at the front desk, and Tommy, Tomas, and Willy at the beach. They all worked hard to make sure that our vacation was as relaxing and comfortable as possible. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
1  Thank N B
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I love my stay at this place people where super nice and friendly
The food was great
The room is awesome clean
There priority is always you
Anything you need or want thry will get it for you
I'm planning my next trip already to iberostar grand hotels

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
2  Thank SuperCurvy
OnlineReputationMngr, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear guest,
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we want to thank you for writing a review about your experience at the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro and for choosing our hotel for your holiday.
We appreciate your kind words about our staff members, the cleanness of care of our beautiful grounds, and our international cuisine. In IBEROSTAR we are committed to ensure to our guests to “enjoy being a Star” during their holidays.
We remain at your entire disposition especially in case you decide to be a “Star” once again.
With regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Best vacation of my life, and I owe it all to the staff! 1st time I have thought of scheduling another trip to the same resort, which I'm already looking into!!! Here are some tips to my fellow travelers:

1- when venturing out or buying from the vendors on the beach, turn your hotel bracelet inside out. They all know which colors pertain to which hotel, and base their prices off of that. Since this is the best and most expensive resort, you'll be a target

2- If you do not like the food selection, speak to the staff. They have great suggestions and really do care. (If I started naming the staff, the list would be too long and people would skip this review!)

3- If you want to dance, go to the front desk and ask that they take you to the club next door ( Dominicana) it is a lot bigger, music is better, and very spring breakish. With that being said, you will be so happy you are staying at the Grand, and that you get to go back =)

4- Please try an Iceburg (Thanks Julio). It is a refreshing drink, and about the coldest drink you can get

5- The resort is designed so that you always feel like you have it all to yourself. It was at full capacity ( I couldn't even extend my trip 3 days because there were no rooms) but I never noticed. As a city girl, it took me a few days to adjust, but once I did, it was amazing

6- Please please please schedule a photo shoot. You only pay for the pictures you like, and they are GORGEOUS!

So enjoy yourself, try everything (including the activities),and prepare to smile, laugh, be pampered, and have the greatest time! I wish I were you, lol, but I will be back =D

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
21  Thank HunteRuby

Dear guests,
We would like to thank you for having chosen IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro to spend your vacations and for taking time to write some comments in Tripadvisor.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Stefano Baratelli, we want to express you our happiness to hear that you, your wife and your couple had a memorable holiday due to the kindness and the service of our staff members, our varied gastronomy and the beauty of our clean premises. In IBEROSTAR we want our guests to “enjoy being a star” during their holidays. We are happy to know that Julio did a remarkable work during your stay.
Please feel free to contact us before your next visit, we will be happy to welcome you back,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived to cool drinks by the front desk. Our room was immediately available. On first sight the lobby and surroundings were top notch 5 star. On our way to the room we were greeted by our butler Henry. Henry took care of any needs and answered any questions we had. His service was exceptional. He took the time to even take us personally to get money exchanged out of pesos to dollars which I'm sure is not in his job description, but did anyways. Now onto the food. We did the Italian, Surf and Turf and Japanese a la carte restaurants. My favorite was the Japanese. The lobster was not the greatest. I've been to all inclusive resorts in Panama and Mexico and this one had the best buffet options to date. Everything was fresh, no open fruit with flies flying around. All fruit in closed fridges. Seafood covered and not exposed to the outside elements. They even had surf and turf as options at some of the lunch buffets. Moraima our server who came and served us every day knew us by first name. She was very warm and made the buffet experience even better. The other good food thing is you can walk next door to the other 3 Iberostar resorts and enjoy their food as well. Check out the Cajun restaurant at the Bravaro next door which was actually quite good. When walking through the other Iberostar properties adjacent it made me feel great we paid the extra to stay at the grand. As the guests at the grand can visit all the other properties those at the other properties cant visit the grand making the grand feel not over crowded which you would def feel at the other resorts. The grand is the only iberostar resort in Punta Cana where you get top shelf liquor. We ordered top shelf at our cabanas on the beach. All servers were friendly. Also loved the 24 hour room service. However I do wish they had more options of food. The rooms were very sexy. Cleaned twice a day our maid was great. We only had one issue where i felt the sheets needed to be changed again. But they rectified the situation quickly. Our room had a jacuzzi which was so relaxing. There are a few shops onsite but you can walk to the other properties which had an array of shops and clubs. The grand also has diff areas where you can play pool. Thought that was a great extra touch. And the boat docked in the resort where you can get on it and have a drink gave the resort that extra sexy touch. I would so come back here again. LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Aniello1025

Dear guest,
On behalf of Mr. Stefano Baratelli, hotel Manager, we thank you for posting a review about your stay at the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro and also for choosing our premises for your holidays.
We are very pleased to read your positive valuation about the friendliness and availability of our staff members, our varied entertainment options and our exquisite cuisine. In IBEROSTAR we want our valuable costumers to “enjoy being a Star”. We have congratulated Henry and Moraima for making your stay especial.
We are looking forward to welcome you back; please feel free to contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,