Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
10,679 results
All reviewssurf and turfboom boomstar friendskobe beeflobsterdinner reservationscigar barbutler serviceour honeymoonpool barother resortsspecialty restaurantslunch buffetbubble bathpina coladaall inclusive resortrose petals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We are leaving in the morning after a 10 day stay. The research we did leading up to choosing to vacation here gave us very high expectations and we weren't disappointed.

First, the resort is gorgeous. Set about 50 yards back from the beach. The view is like a picture post card of a tropical paradise.

Next, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Our butler, yes I said "Butler", met us in the lobby and showed us to our room. The butler isn't an in-suite butler, rather he's assigned to assist several guest rooms on an assigned floor. Even still, we rarely had to wait more than a couple of minutes for him to show up at our door once we called for him. All rooms have 24 hour butler service.

Next, "all inclusive" means "all inclusive" here. Want room service? It's included. All the beverages and snacks in your room are included. They're replenished each day, but if you need more snacks or drinks, just call your butler and he'll get you resupplied right away. Want a 20 ounce ribeye for lunch? No problem. Want king crab legs, shrimp, and a whole lobster? Sure thing. Want anteposto with fresh prosciutto sliced off the leg right in front of you? Done. Food is plentiful and available 24/7.

Next, if you want drink from the time you get up until you just can't drink any more, this is your place. Drinks are unlimited and available all over the property. They will bring them to you if you're in the pool or on the beach or on the deck around the lagoon or about any other place on the property. Drinks are included, but not tobacco is not.

Next, the al la carte restaurants are a worthwhile dining experience. I liked some more than others. You'll have to try them for yourself. Get reservations as soon as you arrive.

Advice:

1. Be sure to have $10 cash per person in your pockets when you arrive at the airport. Every visitor must pay a tourist tax before entering the country. You'll need $10-$20 cash per person when you leave.

2. Bring some small bills for tipping. Even though tips are included in vacation package, you'll want to tip your butlers, maids, and some other staff who make your stay memorable.

3. Skip the off site restaurants. The food is better at the resort.

4. Can fare to about anything close by is about $25 each way
plus tip.

All in all, it's been an excellent trip for us. We'd certainly do it again.

• Stayed: June 2014
14  Thank Donald T
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We visited Punta Cana for the first time May 3-10, 2014. From the time we were greeted with smiles and frozen piña coladas!! Our bellman the night we arrived (I believe his name was Juan), was very courteous and we were impressed he spoke 4 different languages!!
We were very satisfied with our room and all of the amenities. Everything was up-to-date because the resort was only 6 years old. Our butlers Alexander, Miguel and Victor catered to our every need....never making us feel like it was an imposition to accommodate us.
Our dining experience was always better than average and almost perfect. I have celiac disease and every restaurant made special meals for me. One of the head chefs, named Altagarcia was an amazing help to me every single day. Thanks again Altagarcia!! :-)
We needed special assistance on one occasion and the bellman, named Abdul spent close to 2 hours helping me resolve an issue. He is also a great ambassador for Iberostar.
One of our frequent waiters was Ortiz. He served us impeccably with a smile on very occasion. Additionally we had nothing but positive experience with the waitstaff.
The entertainment staff were always fun and especially good at livening things up....shout out to "boom boom in da house!" We attended almost every show nightly and they were professional and entertaining.
We visited the neighboring Iberostar resorts and Iberostar Grand was definitely cream of the crop and worth the extra money. My husband and I had a wonderful time and the only criticism could come up with was the lack of "fun" "beachy" music by he pool.
The beaches were beautiful. We tried to snorkel off the beach but visibility was limited. Don't recommend for snorkeling off the beach. Take an excursion for snorkeling and/or scuba! The scuba was excellent! Overall, we would recommend this resort for anyone looking for a romantic as well as fun Caribbean getaway!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Zalaznik12
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Came here for our honeymoon and were thrilled with our experience. Everything from the service, to the food, to the rooms was just perfect. HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone looking for a beautiful oasis. Thanks to all the staff there for making our honeymoon what it was!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mountainscratch
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We moved from the Iberostar Punta Cana to the Iberostar Grand Bavaro for our honeymoon and it was amazing! The hotel is incredible and the service was amazing! You even have your own butler! I would definitely recommend staying that the Grand! The food and alcohol is also better at the Grand, but you also get what you pay for! Enjoy!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
1  Thank Lauren D
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This adult only resort is complete and utter paradise! Having previously vacationed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica last year, my mother and I were already primed to be pampered and we were not disappointed! From the moment that we entered the grounds during the first week of June 2014 for our Mother/Daughter Spa Vacay and saw the lush vegetation, were greeted with a cool towel and pina colada but resort staff and walked into the stunning, lobby area, we knew AGAIN that we'd made the right choice!

Room Accommodations: I consider myself a hotel snob and have extremely high expectations with respect to a room. The room itself was somewhat dated, but very clean and the staff were hospitable and willing to serve! However, I relaxed a bit on my standards because all of the other amenities made up for a room that we we only slept and showered in...so everything i its proper perspective. The majority of our time was spent at the beach/poolside. I believe that the resort is in the midst of wing by wing renovations, which is a good move and is indicative of their plans to improve the older furnishings/carpeting, etc.

Service: One thing I've come to love about this resort is the SERVICE which is executed by the welcoming and genuine hospitable personalities of its people. Their friendly, smiling faces and willingness to make your stay enjoyable and worry free is second to none. At the Iberostar Grand Bavaro, ALL (ok, except for maybe one or two...)of its staff, from the front desk, restaurants - cooks and waiters alike, groundskeepers, butlers/maids, to the entertainment staff, were AMAZING!!! Everyone had great attitudes, greeted us upon every turn, and was willing and ready to accommodate our every need. Now, THAT'S service!!

Butler Services: I've come to love butlers!! Upon arrival, you will be informed that your butler will come to give you a more personalized overview of the hotel, amenities, and to essentially be at your beck and call. They made our stay extremely comfortable by making our restaurant reservations and provided any other services that we needed e.g. ironing, fetching different items for room restock, etc. The butler service is definitely an added perk to staying on the property.

Food: The hotel boasts of several excellent dining options and restaurants. If drinks are your thing, you’ll most certainly be in hog heaven. Since I’m not a drinker, I cannot confirm whether the liquor is top shelf, but everything is free so that pretty much says it all. I'm good! One important food tip...be sure to familiarize yourself with the food service schedule early on and I'd suggest making your reservations either with your butler or via email like I did for the length of your stay! You have the choice of a Japanese style, Surf and Turf, Italian restaurants just to name a few, which require reservations. Restaurants can book up very quickly so you want to make sure you reserve a spot. There's always a themed buffet available (i.e. Mexican, American, Dominican, etc.) if you're not able to secure reservations as well as 24 hour room service, which is consistent with our experience at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay.

Beach/Pool: My absolute FAVORITE aspect of the resort....the POOL!! If you're the type of person that gets the ultimate pleasure from simply lounging at the pool ALL day long, then look no further, the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall is exactly where you want to be! The grounds are IMMACULATE and the pools are pristine, and I mean they sparkle…literally! There's nothing worse than a dingy looking pool. Not at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro. If you’re a consummate pool lounger, then I'd suggest utilizing the pool farthest away from the bar area as that particular pool is a bit more lively with guests who are indulging in the hotel's libations. :-) Don’t get me wrong, it’s still very nice, but the other pool is just a bit more tranquil. LOL! There are plenty of lounge chairs near and off the pool to accommodate pretty much anyone, but can fill up rather quickly...but you will find someone to lounge. The benefit of this property is its exclusivity and not having to fight for a spot. The waiters are CONSTANTLY providing service, bringing drinks, and cleaning the area for the next guests. Again, you will want for nothing!

Spa Services: The Iberostar offers a plethora of spa services on the property – be sure to email the public relations Director for a copy of the spa services brochure and to book your reservations prior to your arrival. We indulged in a total of 2 massages each...one on Tuesday and the other on Thursday during out stay. Everything that's been mentioned in this review until this point has been all inclusive and when I say all inclusive, that's exactly what I mean. The spa services however are not, but I must say that if you enjoy the spa and massages are your thing, then it's definitely worth the extra expense.

Areas of Improvement: NOTE: These suggestions are for management and should not deter you from booking a trip to this resort as I’d still give the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall FIVE STARS hands down. These are mere ideas for improvement for the hotel management to consider in making this already perfect experience even more phenomenal for its guests. Spa: Although the spa treatments were top notch, the spa facility could be revamped to a degree and provide a lounge/waiting area for guests. Currently, you change in your room and this takes away from early arrival lounging in my opinion. The resort's guest rooms could offer fluffier robes and towels that what are currently available. The current selection should be ditched and Iberostar should invest in fluffier robes/towels.

Room: Again, I believe renovations are underway, so I won't belabor this point. Don’t wait…book your all inclusive trip today! And lastly, be sure to make arrangements for 2-way ground transportation from and to the airport when you book your trip. Also note...there's a $10 per person fee upon entering DR. Just a heads up!!
WELL DONE IBEROSTAR GRAND BAVARO PUNTA CANA! You've acquired a lifelong Iberostar client! And just maybe you’ll become one too!!

Room Tip: I'd highly recommend booking an ocean front room, or at least one with a partial view like we had.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family