11,182 results
All reviewssurf and turfboom boomstar friendskobe beeflobsterdinner reservationscigar barbutler servicepool barour honeymoonother resortsspecialty restaurantslunch buffetbubble bathpina coladaocean frontall inclusive resort
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel . Good food all the personal very good . Good pool good games . Good staff . Animation team very good they are very friendly specialy Francisco he is very good very friendly. All is good

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro.

It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the services and accommodation offered. Thanks for recommend the property, we shared your review with Francisco.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Fun place to be. The hotel was nice and clean. The animation team was wonderful especially Fransisco the best! The other waiters and waitresses were amazing as well. Very professional workers and butlers on duty. They make sure their customers are taken care of.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro.

It is nice to hear that your birthday was just perfect and you have enjoyed every single moment in our property. Thanks for making us part of this special occasion.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I stayed at Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel for 7 days and 6 nights this month with my wife. It was incredible. Our butler Leo did an outstanding job helping with any questions or concerns we had.

This was our first time staying in a resort of any kind. The drinks were all incredible and even better than the drinks was the staff serving them, Ery is a bartender who works in the pool bar and he made the trip. There were other bartenders who did a great job as well but their names escape me.

One element of this trip that was really enjoyable as well was the entertainment staff. They would come around while we were lounging and tell us about random events that they had put together. Specifically, Ricardo, Maria, Jeffry, Starling, Didi, they all were so much fun!! We did dancing classes, fun random games like bowling and whack-a-mole. The best part was that these events didn't last long but were really fun elements to the trip. Hats off to that crew as they did an amazing job!

Overall, this place is elegant and truly "Grand". I would highly recommend staying here and will definitely stay here again if we revisit the DR.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank merrrrrr5
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro as your destination for holidays.

It's a pleasure for us know that we have exceeded your expectations with the level of services and accommodation we offer in the property. Thanks for recommend the hotel and emphasize about the entertainment proposed by our team.

We all hope welcome you back in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro for 5 nights, celebrating our anniversary. After looking into some of the less expensive, adults only options in Punta Cana we decided to book this resort because of the great reviews. It was the right decision. We were looking for a relaxing, quiet getaway while having a little fun and that's exactly what we got here. Overall the property is smaller than other resorts but because of that everything is conveniently located within a short distance including the beach, pools, restaurants and shops. The moment we arrived we were welcomed with exceptional service from all staff and that continued until we left on the last day. The rooms were maintained exceptionally well, the beach was beautiful and the pool area was immaculate. We waited until we arrived to get reservations at the restaurants and there wasn't many days and times to choose from, but the staff was still able to get us in. I would suggest making reservations before you arrive. We were told that the hotel was completely booked but it did not feel crowded there at all. A number of activities are available throughout the day along with great entertainment in the evening. Our butlers Carlos and Alberto provided exceptional service throughout the day and the entertainment/activities team including Yuselmy, Jeffrey and Starling went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our time at the resort. Looking forward to going back someday!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KingJ44

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro as your destination for celebrate your anniversary.

We are glad to know that you had a wonderful trip and all we offered you was just perfect. Thanks for sharing your happiness with this community and highlighting in detail the services provided by our staff, the isntallations and beach.

Once again, thanks for the comments and we all hope welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I should start off by saying I chose the Iberostar Grand for a girls trip location (celebrating a 40th bday) after reading the glowing reviews from my fellow trip advisors. I have no regrets. The property is clean, a short trip from the airport (20 mins with pre-arranged transport), and a good deal for the price. It certainly seemed like more of a couples destination than a girls trip but that actually worked to our advantage considering we are all married! I learned conversational Spanish for this trip but didn't need it. The majority of the staff spoke perfect English. We all felt safe on the resort and the water was safe to drink! So far, so good.
At check in, you are assigned 2 butlers (AM/PM) who will bring you to the room, make spa & restaurant reservations for you and stock your room with all the snacks, water and alcohol at your request. We had Hernadez and Romeo (or sexy Romeo as he calls himself!). Both were kind and thoughtful but I didn't see or hear much from them despite asking for specifics like spa appointments and dinner reservations. My friend's butlers were more attentive, but I think they were better about calling them often for requests. I was disappointed that it seemed so difficult to make reservations for dinner and spa services through them and ultimately made my own spa appointment and let my friends deal with trying to find a place to eat on the property. To Romeo's credit, I think he tried. He also went the extra mile to locate and deliver a lost pair of my friend's flip flops when he found out that she lost them but I was annoyed that we couldn't chose the time or restaurant of our choice for dinner for the 3 nights that we were there.
I booked my room through trip advisor which didn't allow me web check in or pre arranged dining reservations. If this is an option to you- please take advantage of it. Some of the dining options are not worth visiting. I do recommend the Italian place. We tried Italian, Mediterranean, and Japanese. I am a bit of a food snob and nothing really met my standards as "amazing food". The breakfast buffet had many options including a crepe station and omelet station but I preferred room service.
Although I wasn't impressed with my butler service, the staff in general at this resort deserve something higher than a 5 star rating. I will go back just to see their smiling faces. Everyone greets you with a pleasantry and is more than willing to help you. My favorites were ALEXANDER- who taught yoga on the beach with zen and then TOTALLY kicked my butt in TRX and Kettlebell class (TAKE HIS CLASSES!). I also loved DIXON who gave my friends and I the most fun at the resort chasing Pokemon (LOL, I can't believe I just admitted that). ROMEO was a sweetheart and WILNET was super charming. Thank you to all the other lovely staff that made us feel welcome in their beautiful county. My girlfriends may have been frustrated with not getting our choice for dining but that could be fixed with a little persistence and prior planning. The GRAND is a GRAND experience. Book it. I doubt that it will disappoint you (well maybe the food will, wink wink)

Room Tip: Rooms with a beach view are quiet and well appointed
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Blondie G
QualityManagerDR, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Bavaro for enjoying a special occasion with your friends.

We appreciate your kind review as regards the experience you had with the services and accommodation we offer in the property. We are happy to know that you had an overall pleasant stay and, despite your disappointment with the reservation system for the restaurants, you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, the gym classes and food options.

On the other hand, we suggest to email us before arriving to make the reservation to the prefered restaurant.

Once again, thanks for the comment and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.