Iberostar Bavaro Suites
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
10,198 results
All reviewsjambalayala doradacajun restaurantstar friendsspecialty restaurantssteakdominican republicmain buffetswim up barstar rock cafeother resortsbottled waterseafoodgot sickapple vacationsate at the japaneseevery other day
FilterAll languages

Better late then never!
We stayed at the Bavaro 11/12/11 through 11/19/11. This was our first time to the DR and both my mother and daughter's frist trip out of the U.S. and we enjoyed this resort so much that we are returning again this year!!

The resort grounds are beautiful, although really spread out, so if you have trouble walking long distances (as I do), it might be a little problematic.

The room was great, big enough for three women to get ready without bumping into each other and we loved that every room has either a patio or balcony!

The food was good: good selection in buffets even for a picky eater, such as myself and the ala cartes were good as well, no problems with getting the reservation times we wanted!

We loved the beach and never had a problem finding chairs no matter what time we got there. We never used the pool, but it always seemed clean and had plenty of chairs as well.

The Star Friends were amazing, they got my normally reserved 14yr old daughter dancing and playing games, they definitely helped make our vacation FUN!! We enjoyed the shows every night, they aren't broadway quality, but we weren't expecting that, so we had fun watching them!
We never had any staff member not greet us or smile at us, from the lobby staff, maids, waiters/waitresses and even the grounds staff everyone was fabulous!!

My only real complaint would be that the check-in process was alittle slow, we just wanted to get our vacation started and it took about 30mins for that to happen.

Overall we had a very fun and relaxing vacation and can not wait to get back to the Bavaro in November!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurie W

Dear LaurieW,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Bavaro as the destination for your first visit to the Dominican Republic and for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos and her team, I would like to express how glad we are to read your beautiful words towards your experience among us even though it has been almost a year from your visit. It is a pleasure to read that our staff members, our varied gastronomy and our excellent service have left a memorable impression in you and your family. In Iberostar we aim to ensure unforgettable stays to our guests.
We will be happy to welcome you back again, please contact us before your arrival, so we can help you to enjoy it another pleasant experience.
With best regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Our family two adults 50 s and two young women 23 had a great time again.Yes it gets easier when you know how things work,what location you would like your suite in etc.The food is always good there's something for everyone.....this year I really liked the lunch buffet...I think it was better than dinner..they always had fish, rib eye steaks,pasta,salads,hamburger french fries which were awesome...steamed fresh veggies a hundred things. We dined at the japanese restaurant improved was great,the gourmet two times awesome,the Cajun excellent only my dinner wasn't great I had scallops and not like home,steak house improved alot too and we had great steaks...its different your in another country.The mixed drinks I had no problem with in fact the girls were feeling it pretty good one nite at the disco.Gilbert beach cocktail server was great...Antonio lobby bar is a gem....he always remembers us and actually gave us hugs....the star team! Alexander works so hard day and night he welcomes everyone and you feel so special as well as Carlos,Melvin,and the whole team always smiling always happy.Maids,housekeeping do wonderful work. The beach is clean and I think the nicest I have seen.Spa was great,Celina wonderful as well as whole staff. I am a average american when I go to Iberostar Bavaro I feel like a superstar...I love the whole experience. The Casino is small but I had a blast and came home with 130.00 extra and I played slots a few hours every night. People are friendly from every country just smile you'll see.....next year there's no question where we want to go in fact we are going to try to go twice ....they are always improving always.........i always leave a piece of my heart there. The Fischer's

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank ceecascomet

Dear Guest vicvino,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Bavaro one more time as the destination for your vacations, for taking the time to post a review about your second stay among us.
In the name of Hotel Manager, Ms. Helena Santos and her team, I would like to express how pleased we are to read that you enjoyed for a second time our excellent gastronomy and the friendliness of our staff members. In Iberostar those are part of our guiding principles: to provide the best service to our beloved guests and to offer a wide range of culinary options. We are honored to read that we accomplished our goal with you twice. Your nice words motivate us to keep doing our good work, as well as I am sure they motivate the staff members you named in the review, e.g. Gilbert, Antonio, Melvin, Carlos and Alexander.
We are looking to welcome you back again, please contact us before your arrival.
With regards,

WE JUST RETURNED FROM IBROSTAR BAVARO, PUNTA CANA
WE STAYED THERE THE WEEK OF JULY 21/ 28 /2012.
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A GREAT VACATION DON'T LOOK ANY FURTHER, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE, GREAT FOOD, STAFF, CLEAN ROOMS, BEAUTIFULL BEACH, GROUNDS & POOL.
THE STAR FRIENDS ARE WONDERFULL AND FRIENDLY/ GREAT WITH LITTLE ONES.- our room was in excellent location , close to pool, beach and buffets room 1144 second floor. we are looking to vacation in jan / 2013 in jamaica and will be definitely looking at the ibrostar resorts in that location. we have traveled a lot and stayed at many resorts and this resort is the first one that we will gladly return too. great job everyone, thanks for making our family vacation enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruth C

Dear RuthC,
On the behalf of the Hotel Manager, Ms. Helena Santos, and her team, we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience at the Iberostar Bavaro and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
It is a pleasure for us to read that you had an excellent relaxing and calm experience at our hotel, and that you valued positively the friendly service provided by our staff members, our varied gastronomy and our beautiful and clean premises. In Iberostar we are committed to provide a memorable holiday to our beloved guests.
I am sure that our team in Jamaica will be pleased to welcome you, and please do not hesitate to contact them before your arrival to help you to enjoy your next visit.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Room was cleaned daily, towels changed out. Very spacious rooms, updated bathroom, nice patio area. Not as cool as we would have liked, but not hot by no means. Internet only worked if we used cable, no wireless service.
The beach is very nice, lots of beach area. Topless beach, just be prepared if you are bringing children. Huts very close to buy souvenirs on the beach. We were never harassed in front of our beach area.
Pool was very refreshing, swim up bar was great. Very big pool area, never felt crowded, always beach chairs available. MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT IS THE POOL CLOSED DAILY AT 6:30. No night swims, which was very disappointing.
Nightlife was a bit boring. Show was every night, not our cup of tea. Casino is very small, dealers very unfriendly.
Service was Wonderful! Very happy people.
Food was poor for our liking. We are extremely picky. We actually lost weight on the trip. All open air seating, birds were on the buffet area, which disgusted us. We drank a lot, but never once felt any type of alcoholic effect, must be watered down alcohol. Only one type of beer available. Their gourmet restaurant selection was horrible. The buffet never opened on time, and always closed early. We had to go to other Iberostars to eat some of the time. Room service was quick, but not a good selection.
It was my husband and 15 yr old daughter traveling with me. We probably would not return to Bavaro, but we would recommend it to others, and would choose Iberostars again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Redhedrebecca

Dear guests,
We want to thank you for having chosen Iberostar as your destination for your vacation. We also thank you for taking time to write us some comments about the Iberostar Bavaro hotel.
In the name of Ms. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we are glad to hear that you had a good experience with our friendly staff and our beautiful beach. We are also proud to read that you appreciated the hard work that we put to keep hotels grounds always clean. All those aspects are part of our commitments in Iberostar.
On the other hand, In Iberostar we take cuisine seriously. Our kitchen as well as bar staffs work hard every day to please all kind of international palates. We are deeply sorry that you had experience the opposite.
I assure you that I will forward your comments to corresponding departments to take measures and improve our standards.
In case you decide to visit us again, feel free to contact us prior your visit.
With best regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2012

A couple notes:
My only previous experience in the Caribbean was Cuba and we are vegetarians.

Service: Staff was very friendly and often stopped talk to us although our spanish is very basic. We did make it a point to tip everyone.

Room: Room was outdated but that's fine. It was clean and was cleaned everyday. Fridge was restocked everyday. It was great to have a fridge. TV was a bit iffy with the signal.

Beach: Beach itself was very nice. You could always find a spot.

Resort: We spent a lot of time walking through the resort complex. It was very nice and well made.

Entertainment: People were enjoying the entertainment every night. There were shows put on every night. Most of it was not our thing but looked like they put on a good show. During the day there was always a million things going on... so you won't get bored.

Food: Lots of food selection. My advice is to check what you can get made custom, typically that was the best.

Overall- I was impressed and will look out for Iberostar wherever I go.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RM12
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear RM12,
We want to thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar Hotels and Resorts as your destination for your vacation and for taking time to write some comments about our Iberostar Bavaro.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Helena Santos, we are glad to hear that you had another excellent experience in an Iberostar Hotel. In Iberostar we are committed to provide the best service, a wide range of gastronomy, a variety of daily and nightly activities from our Star Friends and a beautiful and well kept landscape. We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed these aspects of our services twice.
We will be happy to welcome you back again in any Iberostar Hotel. Please contact us for further assistance.
With regards,