“Dream Vacation”

Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This resort is everything I've dreamed of. It is large and spaced out. The rooms are spacious. Enjoyed the hot tub after spending the day alternating between the beautiful beach and the pool. Never had a problem finding a chaise lounger. The grounds are kept well. Shows were awesome. I came for a wedding and everything was beautiful. The best part for me was brunch on Sunday at the 19th Hole. I look forward to returning.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank downtime40
Javier C, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed the room occupatied, services and facilities and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. Thank you for your kind note, we are proud of having met your expectations.

We hope that when returning to the Dominican Republic, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were there for a wedding and my birthday. Wish we could have stayed longer. The staff is very attentive. The food at the buffet was so so. The specialty restaurant food much better. Had an awesome experience at the Spa. The bars were inconsistent, but once you figured out which bartender was the best then everything was great. The shops are definetly overpriced. Would like to return and stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Javier C, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen us as your birthday and wedding destination a. We feel pleased to know that we are part of such a beautiful memory.

We feel so pleased to hear that we able to provide you delightful stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers and for letting us knows your positive impressions about our resort.

We strive to provide an excellent service and offer our guests the most memorable vacations, please be assured we are taking your observation the proper attention.

We would be happy to welcome you back in our installations and offer you the most memorable stay.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Overall - we had a great vacation. I'll give positives first.

We traveled in a group of 7 with three rooms. Two Master Suites with ocean views and one junior suite oceanfront. The Master Suite was absolutely gorgeous with a large balcony overlooking the ocean.

The beach is great. Very clean and there was always chairs available for us (no umbrellas but lots of trees to either be in shade or full sun).

The front desk for Club Premium was nice. All ladies at counter spoke English and were always willing to help. The food in this area was probably the best in the resort.

We toured the Presidential Suite which is "to die for". Approximately $2,000 per night and definitely worth it. If traveling with two other couples - split the cost and it's cheaper than the master suite :).

Great pools - warm water - tons of options. Never over crowded. The pirates water park was nice since it was included with the Premium package although wave pool never worked. I don't think its worth paying for if it does not come with your room.

Major complaint - food and language.

Food was not great at any location or meal. Of course we were always able to find something to eat but we could only compare to Melia Caribe in Punta Cana where the food was awesome. The food at Barcelo definitely needs improvement. The best was at Club Premium "snacks" and the buffet at the sports bar. We did, however realize breakfast buffets and service is better if you get there between 730 am - 830 am. Any later - best of luck.

The majority of the employees spoke very little or absolutely no English. It felt as if the staff was a bit annoyed when we could not understand them. Not a great feeling for a visitor. We found ourselves speaking very slow or playing sharades so staff would understand what we wanted. If you speak Spanish, I believe you would have a much better experience.

Oh the vouchers.... We got vouchers/coupons for $1200 per room. I would've preferred we did not get these. These are not really vouchers but discounts off merchandise/service. (I.e., spend 80 get $15 credit).

Reservations for restaurants are not that difficult but it's important to book all when you check in to ensure you can go when you want. The Japanese restaurant - you must specify you want hibachi or you will sit at regular table with completely different menu.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank CarrieandMel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen us as your holiday destination and for write your experience on this page.

It is a real pleasure for us to know that our Club Premium staff members, your room and our beautiful beach were able to meet your expectations.

We further regret that you got the impression that our staff does not speak English, since our Human Resources department offers constantly English courses to improve the English knowledge of our hard working staff. Also be informed that our mother tongue is Spanish and sometimes our pronunciation is not the same as of the English speakers. We lament not having met your culinary expectations. We will pass your observations to the executive involved with the aim to improvement our services.

Thank you for your positive comment about the cleanliness and beauty of our resort. We hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust and demonstrate and offer you the most memorable vacations.

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our visit to Barcelo Barvaro Palace Delux during the first week of June was our second. We found the resourt to even better than last year. Service is number 1, they make you feel welcome and appreciated. This year, we used the SPA, and recomend guest take the time to enjoy everything it offers.

The Resort is definitely worth considering if visiting Punta Cana,

Room Tip: Request a king bed, as doubles are not queens and may be small for some americans
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff_4Q
Javier C, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation during your last visit to our Hotel. At Barceló Hotels & Resorts we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests' expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again to our Caribbean Paradise, thank you so much for your loyalty.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I have been to this resort 3 times now, and every year we look forward to coming back! The Staff are amazing and friendly! There is absolutely nothing I can complain about! The food was amazing and the views are incredible. Special thanks to Lucier Robles!!!! You were amazing! Thank you for making our 3rd stay the best, we will be back year after year because of you and the entire barcelo resort! To anyone looking for a great family or non family getaway, stop looking this is your resort! You will be very happy with your stay! The beach, pool, drinks, and food are perfect! My wife and I look forward to seeing the barcelo staff and resort again next year. Thank you for always making it memorable!

Room Tip: You can't pick a bad room!
5  Thank BHilyard

Dear Guest,

We really appreciated your feedback which is received it with gratitude since our guests’ opinion in regards to their experience is very important and assistance to us. Thank you so much for your kind comments about our grounds and infrastructure as well as your great impression about our staff, thanks for your kind comments about our coworker Miss. Lucier Robles, who will be happy to receive. We are glad that you like and enjoyed most of our services, food and facilities; we are honored for your loyalty during these three visited and is gratifying to know that during this time we have been the number one in your preference as holiday destination.

Waiting again for you next visited our Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We travelled for a wedding from June 7-14. The resort is very large and it took us a couple days to learn our way around. We were a group of 70 people checking in at the same time, so check in was a bit slow. We were put in room 6346 which had 2 double beds and asked to be switched to a king room. Front desk said they were at capacity and to come back the next day at 3pm. It seemed to me that it was just too late to switch rooms, it was fine for the night. However switching rooms the following day - in the middle of the day - was a bit of a hassle. Most of the front desk staff spoke English, however only one bell boy that we encountered spoke English. I told them I didn't need help moving rooms as the new room 6301 was just down the hall but they said I was not allowed to move my own luggage.

Both the rooms appeared tidy. They weren't clean though and I could tell because when I opened the doors to both rooms, I could see the counters on the sinks had rims from glasses and other marks on them. The toilet in the 2nd room also had spots on the toilet seat. We also had mosquitos in our room and couldn't figure out why until I came to the room one day while the staff was tidying up and saw that she had left the sliding doors opened. We killed a few mosquitos which ended up leaving blood stains on the sheets and asked for them to be changed the following day.

It wasn't a problem getting a la carte reservations. We did Japanese, Mexican, Steak, Italian and Japanese a second time. The first time at Japanese was really good; small portions. The second time the portions were larger but the food was saturated in soya sauce. Mexican was great, we sat at the bar where they prepared the foods. Service was good at these 2 restaurants. I didn't like the steakhouse - mainly because I asked for my steak well done and it came to me medium rare. I didn't like the Italian mainly because my risotto was extremely over salted. We didn't enjoy the buffet at all. I am a foodie and found the food either way too bland or over salted. One day the salad tasted like it was washed in dirty water. One morning I was in line for an omelet when a woman and her children were standing next to me. One child bumped the serving spoon and it fell on the floor. The staff asked me to hand it to him and I watched him rinse it under water and give it back to me to put back on the plate. I felt this was unsanitary as this buffet sees a lot of traffic throughout the day and felt that it should have been washed with soap and water or replaced with another serving piece.

The beach was large and clean for the most part. The pool area and beach closest to the pool was noisy; music and activities. We spent our time closest to our room (building 6) as it was quieter. The only complaint I have about the beach is there is no shade. It would have been more enjoyable with palapas or trees that provide shade as the sun can get very hot.

We were told by our travel rep that this is the down time for Canadian travelers and the high season for other islands like Puerto Rico and Cuba. We found there were a lot of Spanish speaking guests and found the staff always spoke to us in Spanish. I know a few words, enough to get buy but even when I looked perplexed or said I didn't understand they continued speaking in Spanish.

The wedding was beautiful. The ceremony was at the church on resort, cocktails at the rooftop patio and dinner in Salon A. It seemed that everything went smoothly for the wedding.

Overall, it was a relaxing vacation but I think this resort is over priced for the Dominican Republic and I'm not so eager to return.

3  Thank scorpio1983

Dear Guest,

We appreciated your preference and kind review. It’s a pleasure for us to know that you had a delightful stay in our complex enjoying our services and facilities. As you may understand, our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority and in your case we are glad that you had a great relaxing holiday.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you will visit us again! We hope to see you soon in our little paradise.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I traveled with a friend for 4 nights. When we first got to the resort we was greeted with open arms. All the staff members are helpful and treated you wonderfully. The resort beautiful. Everything you want to do is basically on the resort. We went horseback riding which was right there on the grounds. The beach and pool is a great place to relax. The restaurants were delicious especially the Spanish and Japanese restaurants. I suggest that if you want reservations for any restaurant to make them right after you check in so you can get the restaurant of your chose. I definitely would recommend anyone going to Punta Cana to go to this resort. The rooms are nice size and the give you everything you need. It is also a family resort as I seen many of families but do not let that get to you if you are travel without kids it is a great resort for anyone traveling. I will definitely will be going back to this resort when I visit Punta Cana again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Quiara M

Dear Guest,

It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services, room, food concept specially our Spanish and Japanese restaurant as well as our facilities were to your satisfaction and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. Thank you for your kind note, we are proud of having met your expectations.

We are waiting for you when you decide returning to the Dominican Republic.

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
Melia Caribe Tropical
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
#27 of 112 in Punta Cana
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Now Larimar Punta Cana

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace? Share your experiences!