“5 Nights 6 days not enough”

Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 August 2014

A very beautifully kept environment, great activities for family and yet a get away for adults. Speciality restaurants excellent except one night at the Mexican Linda where the staff gave the impression of hurrying up the guests. Miramar restaurant served really nice meals everyday. Ysmely Nunez there made it a very welcome eating place. From the first day, bellman Augustine took our bags and was exceptionally regardful and helpful with everything in the room. At checkout, Betty Martinez ably assisted by Albania Jimenez were very courteous and obliging. Could not ask for better service. Time was too short for enjoying the resort activities. At Theatro from 10pm, great entertainment for the entire family. Beaches and pool beautiful, beach was calm and water warm. Pool staff at bar was generous with the drinks as were staff elsewhere. As soon as your glass was empty, it would be refilled. Just try it to experience a taste of Paradise !

Room Tip: Adults can ask for a room facing the sea. Families may prefer rooms a little way in but with a view...
1  Thank Krish545
Javier C, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments in regards to your experience in our Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe.

We appreciate your kind comments about Ysmely, Agustin, Betty and Albania, whom is pleased to receive your news. As well as our entire Staff, will be more than happy receiving such a good feedback about their effort to satisfy our guests and make them happy.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that we really appreciate your comments about our pools, gastronomy, activities and for your preference to having chosen our chain Barceló Hotels & Resorts for your last holiday. We hope that your experience with us stays as a special memory and that come many more visits.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We are staying at this resort from August 24th to August 31st. I would like start by saying that we have travelled to other resorts in Cancun and the Mayan Riveria including all of the Barcelos in the Mayan. We also are travelling with our ten year old. Our flight was fine no issues once we got to the Punta Cana airport we were severed very quickly and at our hotel within an hour of arriving in Punta Cana. Our checkin was at the premium club and it was pretty quick as well. Now about the hotel:

The grounds are very nice and kept clean, the pools are very nice as well. The ocean is nice however there is alot of seawed.

Room: our room was nice, clean the only thing that was weird was the shower and toliet set up not completly prviate just a glass door on each of them facing the beds.

Food: The food for us was not the best usually cold. We are not picking people at all but some of it was just gross. We did eat at the Japanese, seafood, abd steakhouse and we found the steakhouse to be the best! We did also eat every day for lunch at Hoyo 19 just to avoid the buffet and the food there seemed to be better. All three of us have had stomach issues since we have been here.

Service, 95% of the staff here make you feel like your brothering them regardless if you tip or not. I tried several times to comunicate with some if the staff and they had no interest in having a conversation or even saying your welcome after I said thank you. Very disappointed I do not expect much when on hoildays just a simple "hello" or a smile would have been fine.

Waterpark:

Was very nice but there is a charge.

If anyone has any questions about this resort feel free to contact me.

Would I go back? No I would not we go to Barcelo palace in the Mayan Riveria on a yearly basis and I can tell you it is far more superior in every way, especially food and customer service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank pepsimagic

Dear Guest,

We really appreciated your feedback which is received it with gratitude since our guests’ opinion in regards to their experience is very important and assistance to us. Thank you so much for your kind comments about our grounds and infrastructure.

We sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations in our gastronomic concept, we make menu changes throughout the year and their comments would be passed to our Executive chef to improve on any shortcomings, On the other hand we lament that you and your family went sick, since our guests’ well-being is one of our top priorities. It is important to address that we have an internal Quality Control Coordinator to ensure all Hygiene & Sanitary procedures are being met according to the company policies, which on a frequent basis audits our hotels in all Hygiene and Sanitary procedures. We can assure that our hotel is a safe and disease free complex.

We want to apologize if you felt lack customer service from our part, allow inform you, on a frequent basis our Human Resources coordinates seminars to all our staff members in order to reinforce the culture of service our guests deserve and expect. We are deeply sorry for the uncommon situation you went through while stayed with us. Rest assures that we have taken appropiate measures with the executives involved in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

We hope that despite of this occurrence, you will consider visit us choosing us again when planning future travel to the Dominican Republic. We will be more than pleased to welcome you in our Resort.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the Mexican and Japonese restaurants and the staff was exceptional as the sports bar that is open all night and just in front of the disco/casino.

The rooms with jacuzzi in the balcony give a certain charm to the stay and the buffet was offering a good variety of local and international dishes.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Didil73

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe as your holiday destination and for taking the time to write us on this page.

Our main goal consists in satisfying all the requirements and needs of every one who visit us. All what we would like to is to offer our valued guests quality service to make them feel at home! Thank you for your kind comments about our service, gastronomy and grounds.

We sincerely hope to count on you on a next visit to the Dominican Republic to make of your vacation an unforgettable time here.

Best Regards,

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Reviews of this resort actually confused me, so hot and cold. What better way to make your own opinion, but to go and decide for yourself. No it isn't perfect, but the good things out weigh the negative. Staff were very friendly to us (we travelled with 2 grandkids and their parents). They love kids, and always smile at them. Cleaning staff, grounds keepers, and buffet employees went out of their way to help us. Language is a barrier, but not one to judge people on, they are doing their best. So many pools, and so clean. The only thing annoying about the pools are some of the people in them who bring inappropriate water toys for their kids (water squirters and hard balls). There is enough room in all the pools that you don't have to spoil it for others with your child's uncontrolled play. Our rooms were well kept, no complaints about towels, and cleaned around the same time each day. Food is okay, the best restaurant we enjoyed was the Italian with Mexican a close second. We loved Hoyo 19, a restaurant on the 18th hole of the golf course. They offer all meals, freshly prepared, and are all included in your package. Only once did we have an ugly incident regarding seating, but it was not the norm. Breakfast was delivered quickly, however, lunches and dinners took much longer. Consider this when taking small kids here. Our Signature Vacation rep, Jonathan, was useless, and was not proactive in delivering news of flight changes etc. He hid down in his little office, hoping no one found him. I wasn't impressed how we were approached by a staff member, who gave us a trip advisor business card, with their name on it, and asked us to mention them in the review. We had never interacted with person before, and had no reason to mention him. Disco is fun, shows are entertaining, and the kids' show is very interactive for the kids. Tennis courts were excellent, there is a booking system, but most times not necessary as they weren't full. I loved the fact that I saw very little public drunkeness, and security was excellent without being threatening in any way. The train ride was a big hit with my grandchildren. We would ride the train at least once a day, just for the fun of it. Service was the same whether you tipped or not, I didn't get the feeling there were any expectations. We went to the market down the beach, but it was very annoying being pestered by the vendors, who were all selling the same stuff. One week was enough for us because the food was getting repetitive at this point, but we certainly never went to bed hungry.
Beaches are beautiful, the best I have experienced.

3  Thank ycnanb

Dear Guest,

First, we may thank you for taking your valued time to share your experience and for having chosen Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe as your holiday destination.

We are glad to hear you and your family could enjoy our installations and facilities; also that we were able to provide you a delightful stay and the Italian, hoyo 19 and Mexican restaurant were to your liking.

We lament that your perceive that our food concept was repetitive, we are revising the concept on our Food & Beverage outlets with the main purpose of delivering a high standard service that can adequate to most of our clientele requirements and exceed their culinary expectations.

We hope to welcome you back when returning to the Dominican Republic.

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I recently had my wedding at this resort. I was expecting so much more of this place after the prices I paid. You can't get anything out of this place. Everything is an extra charge. I had 50 people flying in and staying in this place and they couldn't even give me free wifi. I think I can get better customer service at mcdonalds. They don't communicate, checking in was a nightmare, checking out was worst. I had already paid for the wedding services and when I was checking out the bill was huge. I showed them the receipt and they still needed to confirm that i paid. HORRIBLE place. after about 40 min they finally got in touch with the wedding planner and they kept going back and forth saying that i needed to pay again. DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service. People have no clue what they are doing. oh and also, don't expect to have pool service, people are rude and NEVER come by to offer you anything. If you want a drink you have to go the bar and wait because bartenders won't pay attention to you unless you tip them well.
I regret having my wedding at this awful place. my guests walked out very disappointed, they were all staying in superior rooms and they got NOTHING for what they paid. Needless to say, I won't be going to this resort ever again and won't recommended it to anyone!

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are ok
14  Thank eliz16rose

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for having chosen our resort as the ideal destination to celebrate your wedding celebration. As you may understand, our intention is create wonderful memories for our guests and we do not want that you have a mistaken perception about our performance and commitment to excellence service.

We sincerely regret the inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. We lament and we are deeply sorry for any unfortunate circumstance you may have experienced, regarding to the All-inclusive program, please allows comment you our guests enjoyed most of our services and there are extra services with additional cost. We are sorry for the inconveniences you may have encountered due to this fact.

We are sorry that your vacation did not turn out as you expected we are very sorry of not having achieved your satisfaction and we apologize if you perceived lack of attention from our part. I can assure you that it was never our intention, on the contrary our personnel is trained to accomplish our guests' requirements and needs as much as we can. We extend our sincere apologies if this was not the case.

There would be no biggest reward than to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family once again and that their last experience not be a motive to not stay with us in the future neither that you do not recommend us with your clients.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel is a very pretty and clean place but the employees need to be trained to give exceptional customer service. Not everyone is on board in this property. Specially it being such a big and expensive property. I wouldnt recommended it again. Not very attentative to there guests. The hotel is huge and having a 2 yr old baby gave us a room in the third floor. REAL BAD SERVICE!!!! The only employees that made us feel a lil better were Valentin Veloz, Jhon Martinez exceptional, Alma Garcia, Henry Mercedes, Frederitch Bonilla, and lastly housekeeping Rossinna Jimenez. The restaurants and front desk need to be re trained.....

6  Thank Wendy S
Javier C, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest.

Firstly, we would like to thank you for having chosen us as your holiday destination.

We regret the situation encountered with the ground floor please let me inform that is a request and we always take into consideration the request of our guest that depend to our availability due to high occupancy is not always possible to carry out all requests of our customers, I can assure you that it was never our intention make you feel umconfortable since our main objective is our guests’ satisfaction.

We are very concerned about the situations you reported; especially those that reflect lack of attention to details from some of our staff members. We can assure you that we will be giving the matters the proper attention and that the corrective measures will be taken to avoid these situations from reoccurring.

We are glad to receive your kind comments about some our staff and it a pleasure to know that their make the best effort to accomplish our guests’ entire satisfaction. Be assured that will be passing your kind comments to them.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and demonstrate you our commitment to excellent service.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel is huge and you have to walk forever to get to your room. The service was TERRIBLE. Everyone that worked there was in a bad mood. Checking in was an awful experience and the people didn't know what the heck they were doing. The food was not that great. The staff was the biggest problem with visiting this hotel. They were uniformed about everything. I have never had a worse customer service experience. I expected so much out of Punta Cana and I was let down. The beaches were terrible and full of seaweed. I prefer Florida beaches any day. This was honestly a disaster. Would never recommend anyone going to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kelsey F

Dear Guest,

We have read with concerned your comments because contrary to what we wish, we could not meet your expectations and provide you a memorable stay.

Please, accept our sincere apologies for the situations that affected you while vacationing with us. We are sorry for the lack of customer service perceived from some of our staff members since I can assure you it is not representative of our overall service. On a frequent basis our Human Resources coordinates seminars to all our staff members in order to reinforce the culture of service our guests deserve and expect. We are deeply sorry for the uncommon situation you went through while stayed with us. Rest assure that we have taken appropriate measures with the executives involved in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

Regarding the seaweed please let me inform you our beach is clean every early morning; although we cannot avoid the presence of seaweed at all time, we tried to maintain the quality and own beauty of our beach, which is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

We deeply regret the misperception you may have about us since it not our intention makes our guests feel uncomfortable when our top priority is their satisfaction. We hope that despite of this occurrence, you will consider visit us choosing us again when planning future travel to the Dominican Republic.

Javier Cordero
Director Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
Melia Caribe Tropical
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Occidental Caribe
Occidental Caribe
#60 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Barcelo Bavaro Palace? Share your experiences!