“Amazing!”
Review of Karibo Punta Cana

Karibo Punta Cana
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Amazing rooms, staff, and food! We stayed at Be Live Grand for 5 days and wanted to stay an additional 2 more and chose here. I wish we stayed here the entire trip, it was amazing!!! We will definitely be back to stay here in the next couple of months....

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have been in this hotel several times and every time the experience is great. I have no complains at all. The pool is great, the apartment too, the services from the staff outstanding.
Keep doing like that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank armando_escobar
Reviewed 6 May 2014

If you're looking for a place that is not too crowded and where you have more privacy, and still be close to the beach, Karibo is that place. Their apartments are very clean, spacious and comfortable. Their staff are very kind and not bugging at all. The environment is noise free and you might be tempted just to stay there and not go anywhere around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mario M
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were pretty amazed at how spacious our floor plan was! Kitchen, living room, 3 balconies (the back patio was especially large and had a tub). If you have kids and want a big lawn in the back, ask for a ground floor suite.

Karibo will serve you well as a "home base" for activities if you'd prefer that set-up than an all-inclusive resort. Pool area is a nice place to relax, the rooms are big, and the views are nice. Still, I wouldn't rely on the resort for entertainment or food (the restaurant was pretty pricey for what you get, common areas were small, and it seemed like more of an older/family crowd there anyway). Luckily you can always go into town, go to events at other resorts, and/or take a free shuttle to the beach.

Overall we were pleased to spend our final day at Karibo before flying home from the Punta Cana airport. We had been travelling a lot and this was a quiet (albeit pricey) retreat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mallory M
Reviewed 20 April 2014

integrity means alot to me this Apartment hotel is the best ever i been looking for a place like this for some time now it meets all my needs it has 24 hour security extremly peaceful the greatest staff ever no matter whats the problem they fix anything thats broken right then they dont wait i had no problems this is my spot i must say Mr. Juan Pablo really was ther for me the Dinner was outstanding wow what mealnot costly at all wow great thank you thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We first got there to find that there was nobody working the front desk at 2pm. There were people in the lobby who were upset saying that they only needed a taxi and that the security guard won't call for one. They claimed to have been waiting for 10 minutes. When Juan Pablo showed up, we were told that the room was not ready for 1 hour. We just wanted to place our bags in the room and leave out of town for the night. We were not even staying there that night but have paid for the stay. Juan Pablo was quite rude and told us that it would be 3pm and walked away. He also would not answer my friend when he was asking a question directed at him.

The place is obviously an apartment building that must rent out a few rooms and calls itself a resort. It is far from a resort. The room that we had needed attention. The television had a missing cord. The dryer did not work and unfortunately I did not know that until the morning of checkout and had to take soaked and wet clothes with me. I have a very hard time believing that this place is ranked as high as it is on here. I do not recommend staying unless you are okay with apartment life with nothing going on. Well, maybe a bunch of screaming little kids in the pool all day.

Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Wellswins
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We just got back from a week at Karibo and we can't wait to go back. It was definitely a home away from home experience, except we had a white sandy beach 5 min. away. I had never been to Punta Cana before so I was so happy I went this route, with an immaculate two bedroom, spacious apartment.
The grounds were well kept and the apartment was cleaned for us every day. Since I heard so many horror stories about some resorts and the problem with food, I felt more comfortable preparing my own meals. You could either rent a car or take a taxi to the nearest grocery store (taxi driver even waited for us). We bought food for the week, and by my calculations, I saved thousands of dollars by not doing the all inclusive route. We even ate at the restaurant attached to the hotel and got hooked on the delicious paella (it said for 2ppl. but it fed all of us!)
I can't speak enough good things about Juan Pablo, our concierge, who arranged everything we needed, from having someone waiting at the airport for us at arrival, to arranging a fun dune buggy adventure for the afternoon. He even got a rowdy group of partygoers to leave the pool one late evening so the rest of us could sleep. The Karibo is very lucky to have him.
With two beautifully decorated bedrooms (when travelling with kids, privacy is a luxury), two and a half bathrooms, three balconies, a Jacuzzi on the balcony, a kitchen, dining room, and washing machine, you could not compare this comfort to a small bedroom at a resort that we would have had to pay more than double the amount. The golf cart ride to the beach was fun and we just arranged a pick up time whenever we were ready to go back. As we got to Bavaro beach, lounge chairs were there, or you could just sit under one of the many coconut trees. I have travelled the Caribbean extensively, and Bavaro beach is one of the more beautiful areas, aquamarine waters, and white sand that goes on for miles. Watch for the locals, never go with the first price if they try to sell you anything.
This captivating place is definitely at the top of our best vacations. With the money we saved on this trip, a second trip would be in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CanadaTara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village
4 mi away
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Melia Caribe Tropical
Los Corales Beach Village

Been to Karibo Punta Cana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Karibo Punta Cana

Address: Av. Italia en White Sands Golf & Beach Resort, Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Region: Caribbean > Dominican Republic > La Altagracia Province > Punta Cana > Bavaro
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 21 Speciality Lodging in Bavaro
Price Range: £39 - £168 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Karibo Punta Cana 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Karibo Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.