“Fun, relaxing and perfect way to spend the day!”

Ocean Adventures Punta Cana - Dr Fish Ocean Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Spas & Wellness in Bavaro
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Adventures Punta Cana presents the only and unique Dr. Fish Ocean Spa, a great opportunity to combine the amazing natural environment with a great variety of spa treatments that will leave your body revitalized. While our exclusive floating spa is sailing along Bavaro's palm-tree-lined beaches, you will experience a Bio Pilates class; simple breathing and stretching exercises that will refill your body with new Dominican energy !! Prepare yourself for a detox treatment. Our machines will send a low ionic impulse through your body that will help release all the toxins via the pores of your feet. Two massages will be offered to you. One, in a private cubicle with a professional masseuse therapist who will rub down all your muscles from the tip of your head to the tip of your toes. The second one, on our electronic massage beds that will take your stress and muscle pain away. You will end up meeting the most special dermatologists, called "Dr. Fish". These tiny little fish will gently nibble on your skin and exfoliate the dead cells of your feet. Ocean Spa will indulge your senses. Watch out... You may get addicted!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and I booked this adventure while staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. Since the spa was booked for the few days there, and massages cost $240, we decided to find something to do.
We picked the best excursion ever! I've done 3 fish pedicures and loved it, others were a little freaked out, but enjoyed I think. The massage was 1st class, approx 30 min, while sailing along the Caribbean, shiatsu beds ( maybe a little intense for some), a floating raft while bobbing along in a tethered row on the turquoise water, lunch with a healthy menu, a foot detox bath, great gentle yoga , all topped off by sailing back on fluffy beds and glass of wine!
Only down side was the ride there, we were 1st pick up of 4 hotels/ last to be dropped off in an open air safari type truck with bench seats, and a not very pleasant driver. .... Otherwise would've been 5 star!

1  Thank blondsam

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was in a need of relaxation . I wasn't sure about this at first but from the start of the fish eating the dead skin off my feet to the last meal/lunch , it was a wonderful experience. The yoga while sailing was realxing. My message was just awesome. I didn't expect it on a boat but I forgot where I was because it was so soothing. Then the floating in the ocean on the inflatable bed. It was great. I could have stayed out there for a long time - you didn't have to worry about drifting off or anything. The service was great and everyone was very attentive. It ended with a lovely lunch. I'd recommend this to everyone. You will enjoy it.

1  Thank Robbie R
Reviewed 27 July 2014

There are multiple activities: fish 'pedicure', pilates, ionithermie foot bath, floating in ocean, massage, light lunch, wine aboard the boat. The staff was AMAZING! Extremely attentive and nice. Very relaxing and would do it again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I went with a group of friends on July, 17, 2014. We had a great time. The staff was very nice and we loved our tour leader Maidelys-she was so inviting and friendly. The lunch was even better than our resort food! I would have given 5 stars, but the Foot Detox didn't work very well and I would have LOVED a longer massage. :) Great time overall to share with friends!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived on the bus from the resort and went straight to the Dr Fish. I asked after reading about the fish online if the tanks were cleaned after each use and if the filter system had used a uv light. The lady seemed confused, said yes, but upon review of the current people with their feet in the tanks, there was no cleaning of the tanks between use. The next group were ushered in without the tanks being cleaned or new water added. I suggest you skip this, it is not sanitary at all. Do you really want to put your feet in a tank that other people put their feet into and the water not be exchanged or sanitized by a uv filter? Not me.

We boarded the boat and were told it was a packed boat, I felt as though I was on an assembly line and not on a spa trip. We went to the foot detox, then ate fruit, then it was downstairs to go out on floats, then yoga, then rest, then to lunch. The lunch was good, then the next thing was massages. I went to the massage first then the massage bed, they were so rushed I wasn't even offered the cool pack for my face.

Another guy took pictures the entire time, at the end you are given the chance to buy a cd, it has everyone on it so if you go as a group buy just one cd and share it. I actually negotiated mine for 20 instead of the 30, I made sure I was the last man standing for the deal.

Overall it was fun, but it was crowded, it was not worth the 300+ dollars I spent for a spa experience at all.

Claudia C, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Adventures Punta Cana - Dr Fish Ocean Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear SaltLifeAdventurer.
Thanks for your comments and taking the time to share them on Tripadvisor. While we respect personal view and opinions we feel it is very important to point out few facts that are incorrectly presented in your post. We have UV filter as part of our filtration procedure on all Dr Fish tanks. The UV treatment insure high quality sanitizing treatment of the water. The Ocean Spa Dr Fish is our largest boat and we use a small fraction of its register capacity in order to insure that all participating customers receive a very personalized attention. People are participating in 6 different treatment experiences over a three hours period. At no point participants are rushed into the next activity as time of treatments and transition time have been carefully calculated. Ocean Spa Dr Fish is sold at $154 usd per person, which is a very competitive price for three hours of Spa treatments.
If you feel you would like to provide additional feedback please contact our customer service department at customerservice@oapc.com.do
Best regards