“Comfort food you'll crave, memorable dish.”
Review of El Pollo Borracho

El Pollo Borracho
Ranked #38 of 112 Restaurants in Bavaro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Montreal, Canada
“Comfort food you'll crave, memorable dish.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We drove past this place located across from a gas station on our way to pick up groceries. Our friend from Montreal had mentioned the name and told us to remember Drunken chicken, and we will. We actually ate their four times and brought friends to their signature dish. Its two pieces of tender chicken in a beer sauce and secret seasonings...we had it as the locals do with rice and beans and craved it the whole time we were there and even now that we are back. The owner is from Spain and his wife, who was there for each and every visit and who we loved run a super comfy place. We tried the Caesar with chicken, fried chicken, and anchovy tapas. All were good, they also have a few German beers which were excellent. Outstanding value and a must try, beware though you will become addicted

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank valeriemt

Berrien Springs, Michigan
“The Drunkin Chicken”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I met the owner, Isa, through a mutual friend. She is the owner of this small wonderful restaurant. It is located on a busy intersection with many sites to be had.
I enjoyed a few ice cold Presidentes and ordered my meal. In short order I had a beautiful plate of chicken with a side of crispy fries, delicious. You can't beat the price or the company had. If you get a chance to travel around the Punta area, make a point to stop here, and tell them Michigan Rob sent you.
I hope to return here again someday on any future travels.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Michigancoolbreeze88
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Local Hangout”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

A cool little open air Dominican diner with great fried chicken and cheap beers. Located near Plaza San Juan at the Coco Loco intersection, you'll want to come here at least once on your visit.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank PuntaCanaExpat
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Best restaurant in Bávaro/PC”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I currently live in Punta Cana and stopped by one day to try the food. After my first visit, I have returned at least once weekly. Not only is the food amazing, but the service is fast, efficient and friendly. Every time I visit the restaurant I have the pleasure of speaking to and being served by Isa, the owner. The prices are great and the food is fantastic. My favorite is the pollo guisado with rice and beans and tostones. Every time family and friends visit me, I make sure to take them to El Pollo Borracho, and they always ask to go back at least a second or third time. It is definitely worth a visit, love it!!!!

Visited July 2013