IFA Villas Bavaro Resort & Spa
US$484
US$463
US$204
6,377 results
All reviewspizza barmain poolcafe dominicanovillas sectionjacuzzi barpizza placepalm treesquiet poolenglish speaking peoplemain buffetstar resortsaona islandanimation teama la cartesbeautiful beachbeach barsanto domingo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2011

In March/2010 we went on our maiden voyage so to speak. I had never been on an all inclusive vacation and once we decided to go the excitement just keep building daily. There were other people in our party that chose other resorts, but we really was taken with all the pictures and literature of this resort. We were not to be disappointed. From check in to check out, we were amazed at the friendliness of the staff, the nightly entertainment, but most of all, the peace, quiet, and cleanliness of the entire resort. We left with many fond memories, knew alot of the staff by their first names, and a need to return. In March/2011, we went with a group to Cuba, and after 7 days, we have definately made a promise to always put the Dominican Republic at the top of our travel list, and IFA Bavaro will be our choice of resorts!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank m0ther02
Reviewed 12 April 2011

There was four of us that went together and we all had a great time! The room was clean and modern. i had no problems sleeping and my room was right beside the pool! we only ate at the buffet and the pikalo restaurant and we had no trouble finding something we liked. check in time was not the greatested as a memeber of our party waited 5 oclock for his room and for no apparent reason. I found the resort to be well kept throughout and most of the staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: regular rooms closer to beach and pool.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank lousee
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We just returned yesterday and have nothing but good memories! The staff are all great and cheerful overall. The room had wicked a/c and was kept really clean.
We were in the 44 section which is close to the beach and spa. The joining room we had asked for was not organized but our baggage man was totally amazing and took control of the phone with the front desk and made it happen.
The sand was white and the water was warm.What more could you want.
20 minutes from the airport.Exchange your money to U.S small bills for tipping if you want as they have a shortage of dollar bills.
Great place to go!!The food was not like Cuban at all, we all put on 3-5 lbs each..lol

Room Tip: 44 section was close to beach but also theater
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DanErika
Reviewed 10 April 2011

My fiance and I stayed in the village. I could not say anything bad about the grounds they were very nice with lots flowers and palm trees like anyother tropical pardise. The rooms were very clean but the queen beds that were advertised were definatly more like double beds. They were quiet firm so if you like a soft bed you would have an issue there. They had several pools that looked clean with lots of chairs. The beach was good too but the water wasn't very clear there was alot of seaweed and alot of boats went by all of the time as there was at docking station next to the resort. Now the reason why i would never recomend this resort to anyone, the food made us both very ill it ruined our whole vacation the first couple of days we felt very sluggish and thought that maybe it was the food. by the 4th day my fiance could not leave the room he was vomitting and had diarrhea. He was feeling a little better the following day and we had breakfast then it started with me. We stayed in our room all day but had booked an excurstion in the afternoon so we went. It was the happy hour sunset tour with tropical storm. I would highly recommend this tour. I was miserable and the tour guides tried there hardest to to make me feel better. After the tour i was up all night in and out of the bathroom and the following day was the same I didn't eat for 2 days and we are both still feeling sick since we have been back. I don't know what it is that i ate but it ruined our whole vacation. This isn't my first stay on vacation so I do know the dangers of heat stroke and to be careful of what I eat. So I would advise that no one visit this resort unless they enjoy sitting on the can for most of your stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gillian0623
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Travelled to this place for spring break with a Student Trip . Normally you get what you pay for but in this case I paid a lot and got very little. I saved my money to take this trip! Instead I went to hospital with acute bacterial food poisoning and spent 2 days on IV and painkillers. Nobody at this place stops birds from walking in the food and pecking at it. They should know .. 6 others got sick..two of us really bad. I was still sick after coming back home. Not worth taking the chance if you see any comments about food poisoning. That means that there is a real problem.
Don't roll the dice...not worth your health.

Room Tip: n/a
  • Stayed: March 2011