“If I Could Give More Than An Excellent Rating, I Would!!!”

Ocean Adventures - Caribbean Pirates
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let our pirates take you to the most epic treasure map quest where you will snorkel with sharks and interact with stingrays at Shark Island. Explore the coral reef and brace for possible attacks from rogue pirates! You are welcomed by our high color pirate crew and board the mighty pirate ship Hispañola. As soon as the ship set sails, you, new pirates' recruits, will receive the necessary training on how to become a true pirate. You also will be given instructions on how to use your snorkeling gear, as the first stop of the treasure map hunt will be in an unspoiled natural reef, where you will enjoy a spectacular snorkeling experience in pristine water, observing colorful fishes and coral formations. Back on board, fresh fruits and non-alcoholic beverages are served, while tension arises within the crew of old pirates. Nevertheless, the hunt must go on and the ship soon reaches Shark Island. There, an epic treasure map hunt will take you to swim with sharks, interact with stingrays with the safest interaction program in the world. But beware! Rogue pirates may hinder your quest for the map. Prepare yourself to witness fierce swordfights, breathtaking stunts and partake in true pirate life. Pirates are eager to win the final battle and share with their guests and successful new recruits a well-deserved celebration with dances and fun.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Palos Heights, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“If I Could Give More Than An Excellent Rating, I Would!!!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was a new activity in Punta Cana, so I decided to give it a try. It is run by the same people who do Dr Fish, Bavaro Runners, and the Caribbean Festival, so I knew I was in good hands. Upon getting to the staging area, the show immediately began. We were photographed with pirates, witnessed magic, took part in arm wrestling, and watched a full blown pirate "fight" as part of the show, with great acrobatics and timing. All of the cast were in full character the entire time and it truly looked like they enjoyed doing this show. Once the show began, we were then moved to the pirate ship to continue the pirate adventure and cruise to dinner. The pirate ship was amazing and easily accommodated the group. As we cruised to Stingray Bay for dinner, the pirate story continued, with more pirate fights and adventure. Drinks were available both to and from the dinner. Once we arrived at Stingray Bay, everyone got off the boat and was brought to the dinner area. It was set up next to the nurse shark area, which made for an interesting dinner. The meal consisted of chicken, lobster, potatoes, salad, and more. The food was great and my wine glass was kept full the entire time! We weren't rushed and had plenty of time to eat and even get seconds if we wanted to. Once we finished eating, the show continued on the dock and in the water around Stingray Bay. After a break in the action, everyone boarded the ship again to continue the show and cruise slowly back home. The story was cute and added to the fun of the excursion. After the show ended, there was dancing and more fun for everyone on the pirate ship. It was a nice time and really added to the experience of my vacation. It's a great activity for families or couples, so give it a try. The experience is totally worth it and you will have a well-deserved break from resort or hotel food.

Visited October 2013
Claudia C, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Adventures - Caribbean Pirates, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear ToddRA
We appreciate your review and it makes us very happy when we meet or even better, exceed the expectations of our guests.
Reading your review is a great reward and help. We are very proud of this new product and of all the effort our actors and general staff put into it. It would be nice if could share a photo of your experience too. We will look forward to having you on board again.

• Polish first
Ringoes, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was one of the best experiences of our trip!!! It is a newer show and I hope they get the publicity and recognition they deserve!!! From the moment we got off the bus, the show began, the pirates really interacting with the visitors. At no time did I see any of the kids on board look scared, they looked like they were having as much fun as their parents! The dinner was very good and it was a joy to talk to the staff after the show. Our advise is don't miss this experience!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Janet T
Dear Janet T
We appreciate your review and it makes us very happy to meet, or even better, exceed the expectations of our guests.
Niagara Falls
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Pirate's life for Me”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were picked up at our resort to ride in the open back of a truck, and arrived safely at a small parking lot just down the street from the actual pirate area. Once on the property, there was a lady checking us in from a list. Once that had been done, there were photo opportunities; your head and wrists in the stocks, and a few lashes with the whip for good measure, along with sound effects.

You were now, in a pirates village, with acrobatic re-enactments of various pirate activities. The "cast" were actually very skilled and very entertaining throughout. You get out of anything, what you put into it, and I got involved with the characters and went along having a great time.

At first, I thought this was a bit over-priced, but at the end of the night, both my wife and I, thought we had gotten our monies worth and left a nice tip to boot.

After crossing the beach, we boarded their pirate ship, and sat down along the side on the bottom level. The cast continued their role play throughout the night looking for "the map". The entire script was about this quest and they kept us entertained with this farce quite nicely. Safety is important, so a scrim screen comes down protecting the audience.....that was us....from knife and sword play that was happening right before our eyes.

Dinner is on an off-shore floating platform, so high heels aren't really the best sort of foot wear for this attraction. It is a buffet style all-you-can-eat meal, with excellent fare and wine never-ending. I think I polished off an entire bottle of their finest and was still able to walk the planks back to the ship.

This is really, a dinner theatre, that starts as you enter the village, till the time you return after the map has been found. We even endured rain on our night and still had a great time.

Now, I especially love pirate history, and I recommend the book, Pirates, Predators of the Seas by Angus Konstam w Roger Michael Kean. It'll set the scene for what you're going to experience. Study the pirate language.... Arrrrrrrgh. A-hoy, me maties.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot, Drink up, me' 'earties, yo ho!

Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads, Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank scoutniagara
Claudia C, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Adventures - Caribbean Pirates, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Scoutniagara,
we appreciate your review and we are very pleased that you loved the excursion.
And reading your commentaries is a great reward for us.
It would be nice if could share a photo of your experience.
We will look forward to having you on board again
Thanks again,
plymouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“BEST NIGHT OF OUR HOLIDAY”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Amazing!! Far exceeded our expectations!! My husband and I enjoyed it just as much as our 2 year old daughter!! Wish we could have gone every night it was that impressive!!

Authentic from the start and completely worth every penny. We booked directly with Ocean Splash before we left the UK and didn't experience any problems! The crew are amazing and the quality of the food along with the constant flow of drinks just added to the entertainment!

Cant wait to visit Punta Cana again, will definitely be booking next time too!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Dear monkeyplaymouth
We appreciate your review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed the excursion.
Bávaro, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Caribbean buccaneers”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great show, very real, wonderfull time with my wife...nice crew....i will repeat it... Its worthy each peanny¡,,

1 Thank Ariel P
Claudia C, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Adventures - Caribbean Pirates, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Ariel,
we appreciate your review and we are very pleased that you loved the excursion.
It would be nice if could shared photos of your experience.
We will look forward to having you on board again