Iberostar Punta Cana
US$371
US$326
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Los Corales Beach Village(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$250
US$199
Melia.com
US$927
Hotelpower.com
7,185 results
All reviewspunta canala marimbalobby barsteakstar rock cafedominican republicstar friendsseafoodspecialty restaurantsthe oriental restaurantguest servicesapple vacationssaona islandmake reservationsjunior suiteoutback safarievening shows
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I initially wasn't that impressed with the Iberostar, but it grew on me over the week. The rooms were clean but worn, and the furniture and bathroom fixtures were showing their age. Food was just OK, it was edible and no one in our group got sick but it didn't knock my socks off. However, what really DID impress me about the resort was the staff - everyone is SUPER hardworking and friendly. They have a crew called "Star Friends" who organize all the resort activities, like beach volleyball, variety shows, etc. I played beach volleyball one day and the organizer guy remembered my name and would come find me on the beach every day to see if I wanted to play. Beach is gorgeous, although you need to get down there EARLY if you want a good spot. Drinks were also good and they are definitely generous on the alcohol (which is a good thing!)

Overall, it was a nice getaway and we had a fun time there.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank turco_fan
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Just returned from a week long stay at the Iberostar Punta Cana. What a wonderful time. I would go back in a heart beat! The staff were friendly and willing to provide great service. The grounds are amazing-clean and beautiful. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Rooms were cleaned daily. Star Friends were great and provided activities all day long. The buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner were very good and provided a very good selection and choices-you will never go hungry. We ate at 3 of the ala carte's (Steak ,Gourmet, and Seafood) good but not great. The beach and pool areas were unbelieveable. Prefect weather with only rain happening at the airport as we were leaving.Bus service to and from the airport was excellent, taking about a half an hour each way. Language is somewhat of a barrier but what you should expect while visiting a foreign county. Learn some Spanish before your trip-it is helpful. There is a very nice breeze off the Ocean that keeps you cool while sunbathing. Note: The sun is still very intense-you may not feel like you are getting a lot of sun, but you are! There is construction going on at the Riu next door. Though it is noisey if you are facng this from your balcony outside, you can't hear it in your room with the doors closed. A/C is the rooms is very good.Building 5000 has been updated, note that 40% of the rooms do face the construction (8am-8pm). The beach and pool areas are crowded and you need to get there by 7:30am to get a place to sunbath. The no reserving of areas is not followed or enforced! Drinks are top shelf and plentiful. We plan to return again soon!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Trip for March 1 through the 8th. This is a pretty basic resort without too many frills, but what it has is a great pool area, phenomonal beaches, and pretty grounds. The "Punta Cana" & "Dominicana" are basically the same resort with all shared common areas, however; the lobby and some things were much nicer at the Dominicana.

Our check-in did not go well. Apparently they could not make room keys so we waited 1 hour 20 min. before we could even get to our room. They really didn't seem to care that we were all sitting around waiting. The entertainment staff and bartenders were all great.

NOTES: There is a $10/person entry fee when arriving in the Rep. Dominicana.
The Buggy Excursion-Boogies as they call it, is not as nice as it is described. No dunes just super bumpy roads, dust, exhaust --bandana is a must. It was a decent get-a-way for 1/2 day and we were treated to a beautiful beach for a quick swim, but it's made more of than it is.
The Marinarium is definately worth it. 1/2 day trip to snorkel with fish, stingrays, and sharks, a little massage, snacks, and water fun is a really cool trip and not far at all.

THE ROOSTER: I am still trying to figure out why any vacation resort would have a rooster on the property. Our first night we were beat, but still wanted to leave the patio door open a bit to let the warm sea air in. Unbeknownst to us at 5:30am we were awakened by the rooster and his morning call...every morning. Not impressed by that at all.

FOOD: As with any buffet at any resort, you can quickly find out what they cook really well and what is not so good. We found that the food on the buffets was better than at the ala carte restaurants, with the exception of La Cana for steak. Pagoda, was not very good. I was so looking forward to the Thai curry dish but was told by our waiter that it was very-very hot so I changed my mind. My husband did have it and by most standards not that hot, so I was disappointed. I ordered the sweet & sour --yuck. It was terrible and I didn't hardly touch it. La Marimba the International restaurant was not good either. Lobster/crab soup was so salty we could barely eat it. My fish was so over cooked that I had to used a knife to try to cut it.

ENTERTAINMENT: The shows are ok...some really goofy and cheesy, some pretty good. It just depends on what is going on that night. During the day the activities are fun and plentiful if you want to meet people and participate. If you want to relax in quiet, you can find that too.

Over all I am not sure I would go back to the Iberostar Punta Cana--maybe the Bavaro or Grand Bavaro would suit our needs better, but for the price P.C. was a nice vacation

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lilly1278
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Love everything about the Iberostar Punta Cana and the Iberostar Dominicana. These 2 resorts share everything with one another so there's even more to love! The staff is amazing and friendly, the rooms are beautiful, beds are very comfortable, beach and pools are outstanding... I could go on and on. My husband and I have been coming here for 3 years now and we will be back again next year!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2011

We recently stayed at the IB Punta Cana, February 3-17th.
CHECK IN- The check in went very smooth, and we were given a welcome drink and taken to our rooms in short order
ROOMS- The IB Punta Cana is a large 4 story rectangular shaped building, with most of the rooms either facing the IB Dominicana, separated by the gardens and pool, or the ongoing construction at the RIU on the other side. The gardens are very well kept.
We were what I consider very lucky as our rooms were on the top floor at the end of the structure, meaning we were facing the ocean. We had a view that was a bit obstructed by the palm trees, but if you want a nice view ask for 5246 or 5247.(picture from balcony view attached)
The only thing about being in these rooms at the end of the complex is you have a longer walk to get up to the lobby, (about a 3-4 minute walk), but the ocean view and short walk to the beach/pool was a good trade-off for us.
Being that this room was on the top floor, we had a high vaulted ceiling, so the room felt quite large. The maids did a great job on cleaning and they restock the fridge every second day. We found it to be very soundproof between rooms, with any outside noise actually coming from the hallway.
BEACH- The sand is beautiful, and there are many palapas and beach chairs available. Though I never liked the towel game, if you want a palalpa you are going to have to go down early and save yourself one. The hotel was full during our stay, and all palalpas were taken by 7:30-8:00. If you can’t beat em’… If you don’t mind sitting in the full sun there are plenty of chairs.
If you like beach walking you will love this beach. You can walk for miles in either direction. You will find no seashells in the area, so it’s a nice barefoot walk. If you turn right and walk for about 10 minutes you will see a market on the beach. You can’t miss it, as the water literally comes up to the front door of the booths.
There is drink service on the beach, though quite sporadic. If you want a drink you can either go towards the Dominican side to the beach bar or the bar in the restaurant or to the PC side to the bar in the La Cana restaurant (which also doubles as the steak house al la carte) Both of these restaurants also serve lunch.
FOOD-Though there for two weeks, we never had anything bad to say about the food, which was always fresh and replenished in a timely manner. Sure, after two weeks it gets a bit repetitive, but nevertheless we still found a few new items as well as our favourites. The dining room staff were very efficient and friendly.
We partook in two al la cartes, the Oriental (didn’t like it much) and the Gourmet, which was very good. You can also eat at the Star Rock café which is a diner like setting with pool tables and American style food.
ENTERTAINMENT- We didn’t see any of the evening shows, as they seemed quite repetitive from other IB’s we have stayed at. There is a small casino (about 50 slots, Blackjack, Roulette and a nightly Texas Hold ‘em tournament) it gets pretty smoky in there as the casino fills up in the evening.

All in all an excellent vacation. My only suggestions would be to request in advance a room facing the pool/garden (or the fantastic rooms I listed) so you are not facing the Riu noise.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends