Ocean Blue & Sand
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
13,798 results
All reviewsmike's coffeesuper juanjuan ramonbowling alleyprivilege sectionblack coffeewilly wonkalobby barpunta canaentertainment staffhoneymoon suitetime sharemain buffetother resortsdominican republicdominican restaurantbuffet restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2011

First, the good....Maria & Jose at the main buffet. Truly delightful and always ready for us. They remembered us at each meal, were super fabulous with our 22 month old and were always smiling. Two stars @ Ocean Blue.

The bad....the rude "weekend crowd". They take over the pool, the beach and the buffets....cut lines, Loud, obnoxious and quite simply, rude.

The ugly....reception staff - Andre, Reynaldo and others. There was apparently an issue with my tour company and the resort regarding payment. I supplied my "paid in full" voucher at time of check in and was allowed entry to the resort. 4 days later they started calling my room demanding I bring a credit card to the front office "for incidentals". While, since this was needed only for incidentals I was in no hurry to go to reception as I knew we hadn't broken anything and my son had been running a fever and vomitting. Saturday they called again demanding I bring down a credit card. When I got to the reception they again said it was just to have on hand for incidentals. When they swiped the card and I refused to sign a blank credit card receipt it turned ugly. It finally came to light that the tour company hadn't paid them and they wanted me to pay for my stay x2. I refused. They "held" me at the reception and guest services area for over 3 hours telling me that they would only charge my card if they failed to get paid from the tour company. I explained that my contract was with the tour company and I paid in full. If they did not have funds from the company they should not have let me enter their resort. Their resolution, pay the resort and when you get back to the USA request a refund from the tour company....I refused. They contacted me daily demanding I sign the receipt and ultimately wouldn't let me check out without calling the USA, speaking with the tour company and requesting the send payment immediately. FYI....you can't leave the resort without getting a slip from reception showing you are "free to go". My family and I were basically held hostage by this mega giant resort with hotels worldwide. Really? Yes, really.

My family and I will NEVER return to Ocean Blue Punta Cana or use any other Ocean or H10 resort/hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Block 3. My son and I both came home with respiratory infections....bad A/C.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank ahurani1
Ocean_Blue_RRPP1, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

First it is a pleasure for us that you have chosen Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 as your holiday destination. We want to thank you so much also for your contribution in this review about how was your experience here also we really appreciated that contributed with feedback so we can increase our level of service. We really thank you for choosing us last year as well and also we want you to know that we really take you comments at heart , and assure you that everything said in there is been taking care of…

Thanks once more and we look forward to see you again here with us to show you the changes made.

Best regards.

Management

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Ocean Blue & Sand is really a very nice place.
Flat (easy to move from beach to room for example); amazing pools (with bars, kids place and etc); perfect restaurants (thematic, beach or the main one); very nice shows, Teens place are really good, Dominican people are awesome, polite and funny) and most Hole Señor, Hole Señora groupe makes a really huge diference (they are top entertainers, funny, respectfull if you want they to be and with very good english; they make diference)!!!!
Congratulations and hope to see you again...

Room Tip: Get the second or 3th floor... to look the pool can be a very nice and romantic detail....
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

This was my 3rd visit to Ocean Blue and I think it only gets better!! It's great to be greated by familiar faces, especially that of Reginaldo whom we had met previously. One look and he remembered us and made sure that our check in went smoothly as well as the rest of the week. Always accommodating and it always adds to our holiday!!!! Can't wait to see him next year :) This year brought a special treat by being asked by Louis to join Chef Jose Alias for a special chef's dinner...the meal...atmosphere...and service was outstanding...such a treat! The staff here are their greatest asset...a couple have already been mentioned but there are others...Henri, Jennifer, Belkus, Samuel, Joanny, Edwin, Carmen, etc. It's amazing how they remember you from the year before. We've tried other places here but we like Ocean Blue the best...great beach, rooms, dining and entertainment. I would recommend the Privledge as it ads to the experience.

Room Tip: Privledge is right by the beach and you have your own private restaurant for breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Santalbo

Thank You so much on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 for your most wonderful review and for sharing with others you Amazing experience here with us, we are also glad that you have the chance to experience the chef table and have a dinner with him personally. We hope that you have really enjoy it and also found the staff of ocean blue and sand friendly as well.

We most gladly will like to welcome you again,

Best regards,

Management .

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We were there for 10 days and had an awesome time. Special shout out to concierge Reginaldo, server Algeny in the main buffet, and bartender Edwin. Dont know how we could have had a better time. The service was great, the food was great, and the pool and beach are spectacular.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michael111222333

Thank you for the positive review. We are pleased to know that you had along with most of our employees an enjoyable stay with us and that you find the establishment of ocean blue most suitable for you. Your regards will be send to them on your behalf and encourage them to keep up the good work thanks again for your contribution on this page and for coming to our hotel Ocean Blue & Sand by H10.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Best regards

Management

Reviewed 6 December 2011

we just got back from ocean blue resort on dec 4th we were there for 2 weeks ,we were also there in mid may of this year also for weeks and we are going back for 2 weeks in may 2012 we love this place to start the food is the best of all the resorts we been to in punta cana and we been to about 5 to 6 places in the last 2 to 3 years the service there is great the place is really clean ,the last time we were there we met this manager there by the name of DAVID MARTINES and he treated us like gold he did every thing in his power to make our stay very comfortable ,we seen him about 2 to3 time during our stay and alway asked if there was any thing more he could do to make our stay better ,he invited us to a bowling tournament he even sat down with my wife and i for about 10 to 15 min after dinner and had a real pleasant talk with us and this person is busy but still found the time to talk to us , this person david martinez was better then any other manager because he takes time to make sure every thing is alright, its said that this place is a 4and ahalf star well in our eyes it should be 5 star, this resort is run right i just want to thank david martnez and all the staff and we will see you again in mid may 2012 for another 2 weeks your truly PETER & GUYLAINE CHOMSKY

Room Tip: always go privlege they treat you like royalty , they even do if you don,t go privelage but privelage is much better
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple