Ocean Blue & Sand
US$211
US$190
US$250
  • Breakfast included
Los Corales Beach Village(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$149
US$120
US$199
Melia.com
US$927
Hotelpower.com
13,915 results
All reviewsmike's coffeesuper juanjuan ramonbowling alleyprivilege sectionblack coffeewilly wonkalobby barpunta canaentertainment staffhoneymoon suitetime sharemain buffetother resortsdominican republicdominican restaurantbuffet restaurant
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The most friendly staff,cleanest resort - they were always cleaning. The best all-inclusive food. The activies were great. Our rooms were across from the bar pool and the activies there were great. I loved the idea of having lunch at the pool side. Also, we were 30 seconds from the ocean. What better vacation could we wanted?

Room Tip: My room was in the 6000s, and it was great. Those were the privilege area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dei50
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Love willie wonka!!!! Everybody is so great!!!! Very helpful and takes care of you. Food is good and you have a lot to choose from. Mikes coffee is excellent! So far the shoes that have had have been very good can't wait to see what they are the rest of the week!!! Will be coming back hopefully very soon!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank mcrarytheia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Arrived on 12th October and were greeted with a cold drink and an ice cold face cloth,very refreshing.Check in was quick and easy and all spoke good English.
We were taken to our block(block 8 ) in a buggy.We were on the 3rd floor and no lifts.The room was huge and extremely clean.It contained a massive bed,sofa,TV with English speaking channels,tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge stocked with beers,water and soft drinks.This was re stocked on a daily basis.The room also had a telephone and a phone in the bathroom,but I will come back to that later.The Bathroom was a little dated.It contained 2 sinks a Jacuzzi bath with overhead shower (will come back to that as well),and of course toilet.
There were 2 massive pools both with swim up bars.Our congratulations to Manni for learning a new cocktail.
The buffet Restaurant offered a great selection of foods,fish meat,pastas,salads and best of all was the soups.No one could say there was nothing suitable for them.
The A la Cartes were all together just opposite the lobby.The best of these was the French Restaurant.BE WARNED men must wear closed shoes ( no sandals,flip flops,andT shirts must have sleeves).There was no mention of this in the Thomson brochure,We were in a party of 9 and the 4 men were only wearing sandals as we were unaware of the closed shoe rule.Well we were refused entry not only that the girl on the front desk humiliated us and insulted us in front of other guests.We all went to Guest Services to register our complaint.As usual there was no management on site (this we did not believe) but was assured the matter would be dealt with next morning.We went along next morning only to be told that there was a meeting on this issue and someone would be in touch.A couple of hours later someone came to us by the pool wanting to borrow my sandals.I said ok but I would also be wearing them.We were taken to the lobby where someone called Judy came to take a photo of me wearing my sandals.(What a joke).The next day we were informed that we could have a meal in the Restaurant but it would have to be at 6.00PM before other users arrived.This we accepted.Other Restaurants we liked was the Mexican.Italian and of course the Steakhouse.
Guest Services
After we had unpacked we decided to have a shower.The water came out like a trickle no force behind it at all.We reported this to Guest Services on 3 separate occasions.
Our friends who were in block 5 tried to contact us by phone(this was on the day we arrived).The phone was not working so they reported it to Guest Services.They again tried to contact us the next day.Again the phone did not work so once again it was reported.I reported the telephone out of order on 7 separate occasions.
At the end of our stay (26th October) neither the shower or the phone had been repaired.Both my wife and I are in our sixties and we wondered what would have happened if either of us had been taken ill during our stay.We would not have been able to contact anyone except by going to Reception and leaving the sick person on their own.
Guest Services are a joke.No one took any notes about the shower or the phone.I was talking to a blonde haired girl with a pony tail about the phone and she said "perhaps it was a technical fault".Now why didn't I think of that.
If any management care to read this you are paying your staff for doing nothing.What a complete waste of time they are.
WEEKENDERS
These are Domincans who stay from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.They arrive by there hundreds.They dominate the pool and bars,they are rude and will not move for anyone else to get a drink.They also stand in the pool all day drinking.I ask myself where they go to the toilet.The answer of course is in the pool.No wonder several women caught infections and had to be taken to the local clinic.
Entertainment
Went to a couple of the shows.Sorry not for us,very poor,although I am sure the staff work very hard,Some of the professional acts were quite good especially the fire eaters.
Would I go back.....not likely.There are far better Hotels in the Punta Cana area.
I think this is a fair report even if we did have an issue with the French Restaurant,No one goes on holiday to be insulted by the Hotel staff.There was no major problems but just niggly things that no none could be bothered to put right.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 8 which is fairly central to beach and Restaurants.It overlooks gardens and part of swimming pool.Take a high floor for views if you can climb 36 steps.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankChorleyLancs
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Ocean Blue and Sand is on the beach, and the water is beautiful. And the AC works in the room. And there are several food options to choose from. Easy check in and check out.

However, you get what you pay for. Breakfast buffet ran from 7-10:30 am, lunch buffet from 12-3. The options in between those times were not great, so it's better to schedule your meals instead of eating whenever you feel hungry. We ate in the restaurants every night instead of the buffet, not great, the buffet may have been better. I did receive service for the breakfast buffet, and coffee refills, YAY, but I do tip. And the weekends are packed! It was difficult to find a clean table and flatware.

The disco was a disappointment. I went with a group of friends, dressed in costumes, it IS the end of October. One costume was questioned, and since we were dressed for 70's and 80's it would have been nice it the DJ could have played that music. We danced to the 3 songs we knew. I like a DJ who can read the crowd.

The gym is too small to accommodate more than 2 people using weight machines or free weights at a time. A towel is the bar for the lat pull down machine. I tried to use 2 machines that didn't work properly, gave up and used the free weights.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I just returned from our third trip to Ocean Blue and Sands, and as we expected, the place was amazing. The grounds are well kept, the pools and beach are awesome, the drinks are plentiful (not watered down), and the variety of dining options always allows you to find something good to eat. The resort is large enough to not feel claustrophobic, but structured so well that you can get anywhere within minutes. The rooms show a little wear and tear, but are spacious, with nice size balconies, and they are kept very clean. The maids do a great job!

What makes this resort stand out from the rest that we have visited in Punta Cana, and we have visited several, is the people. There are plenty of reviews that describe the amenities of this resort, so we decided to concentrate on giving props to the people who made our vacation so enjoyable.

We spent most of our time at the pool closest to the beach. The bartenders at the pool bar are the best. More often than not, a refill of my favourite beverage was placed in front of me without having to ask. These guys work all day in the heat, but always seem genuinely happy to serve you. Albel, Felix, Carlos, and of course my main man Vladimir are simply the best! No review of the bartenders would be complete without mentioning Sexy Black. He's the guy that makes the lobby bar the place to be for a late night drink.

The Dining options are many; from the Steak House to Route 66, to Italian, Mexican, or French, and of course the buffet, so as you can imagine the number of staff required is very large. But there are a few who stood out to us, and are worth mentioning. A special thanks to Wilfredo and Juan Lopez. Then there is Gabina. This girl is an absolute doll. Her smile alone made us feel truly welcome.

Much has been said about how wonderful Mike's Café is, and it is!!! Again the staff makes this awesome place all the better. Shout out to Benjamin, Thomas, Cristobal, Jose and Argentina. There is nothing better than to walk into a place after a two year absence, and be remembered. We look forward to seeing you all again.

Last, but definitely not least; the entertainment staff. These guys are simply amazing. They work long hours, but never seem to be tired. My wife and I think the world of these guys. When you are there for two weeks you start thinking them as family. We have grown children their age, so it is very easy to get attached to these guys. Special thanks to Mini me, Juan, Willi Wonka, and of course Jack (Michael). Simply put, without these guys, this resort would still be a good bet, but with them, this is a great place to visit. Thank you so much you guys!

If there is one minor blemish on our review, it would be the maintenance, and re-supply of the female washrooms. My wife found it frustrating to find there was no tissue paper, paper towel, and sometimes soap in the Female facilities, especially in the disco. We understand that the resort was busy, and things run out from time to time, but we where there for two weeks, and if this was an occasional problem we would not even be mentioning it, but the female restroom in the disco was always this way. Hopefully the management can address this in the future.

Despite this MINOR issue we had a blast, and would highly recommend this resort to those travelling to Punta Cana. We hope to return for the forth time in the near future, and look forward to seeing all those we have mentioned again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple