Ocean Blue & Sand
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$324
US$133
US$908
Hotelpower.com
13,813 results
All reviewsmike's coffeesuper juanjuan ramonbowling alleyprivilege sectionblack coffeewilly wonkalobby barpunta canaentertainment staffhoneymoon suitetime sharemain buffetother resortsdominican republicdominican restaurantbuffet restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2013

a great resort for the all family and friends, the food was awersome, music bachata, merengue, salsa, perico ripiao, beach, live show, pools, dancing, nice accomodation, medical facility and like seven restaurants.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank thebigboss207
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The entertainment staff is wonderful. Willie, jack, Minnie me, Juan. They made our trip so fun. The were very nice and entertaining. They kept the crowds involved. They spoke good English and were very engaging with the guests. We never felt pressured. They made our trip awesome.

Room Tip: Go with the privilege plan
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestServiceOBS, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

On behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 We would like to really thank you and your husband for selecting our hotel and giving us the opportunity to serve you. As well we will like to let you know that we are glad that you enjoyed the service given by our employees and the rest of the facilities. We will continue improving our level of service day by day thanks to comments received from people like you. Thank you for sharing tips your valuable experience with others through Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home.
Best regards,

Management

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I would go 2.5 stars but that's not an option! Just got home from the Ocean Blue last night. Will be looking forward to the recovery of my digestive tract! I didn't drink the water if that's what you are thinking, but I would think twice before ordering a vodka/soda or ice again. TMI you say? Just fair warning! :)
I have been to many all inclusive resorts and I can say I have been to worse. But when you think of all you can get for the price it somehow makes you feel better! This resort was a larger family friendly property. We were here with 30+ friends for a birthday. Had I been here without them I would have been much more disappointed.
The rooms are clean and large, but unless you are sick (which about 5 of us did get sick) who wants to spend a whole lot of time inside. The property has a decent amount of things to do, nice beach, sailboats, a rock climbing wall. It seemed like there was a schedule daily of activities but when we would look for them, they weren't happening. The gym is small, no yoga or anything like that.
The food...I'm not that picky but yuck. We ended up in the buffet more often than not, as the options were limited. Room service was limited to 3 things? The burger by the beach was inedible. We ate at the steak house one night and it was pretty good. But restaurants were small and you had to wait. (if they were open)
Two swim up pools bars. Really crowded on the weekend. Someone mentioned there was a locals day?? Still not sure about that. The bartender at one bar was so rude and wouldn't even look at us...getting a drink could be a pain. We were here to party, had our own costume parties at night! Went to the disco one night. It was on the disappointing side as mentioned in my girlfriend's review. They certainly don't play to their crowd.
We had fun because we were with friends. I definitely would not return to this resort though!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This resort was unreal in every way. The room was lovely. The restaurants were brilliant, great food and service and never too busy. The all inclusive drinks included champagne and wine and and water was given in bottles, not glasses. The pools were huge and clean with swim up bars. The Animation team were brilliant, a great bunch of people who looked like they really loved their jobs and never failed to make us laugh, especially Jack, who is probably the happiest man I've ever met and always put a smile on our face (a great dancer too!). All round this was the best holiday we've ever had and how it's only a 4 star we'll never know, it will be 5 star before long.

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank ryan w
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The most friendly staff,cleanest resort - they were always cleaning. The best all-inclusive food. The activies were great. Our rooms were across from the bar pool and the activies there were great. I loved the idea of having lunch at the pool side. Also, we were 30 seconds from the ocean. What better vacation could we wanted?

Room Tip: My room was in the 6000s, and it was great. Those were the privilege area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family