Ocean Blue & Sand
US$444
US$190
US$250
  • Breakfast included
Los Corales Beach Village(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$199
Melia.com
US$198
HotelsClick
US$927
Hotelpower.com
13,906 results
All reviewsmike's coffeesuper juanjuan ramonbowling alleyprivilege sectionblack coffeewilly wonkalobby barpunta canaentertainment staffhoneymoon suitetime sharemain buffetother resortsdominican republicdominican restaurantbuffet restaurant
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We have travelled to a lot of All inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico, and this one is the most disappointing one that we have spent a week at. I am really baffled to understand how reviewers have rated this any higher than a 2 to 3 star resort.
It appears that the H10 group is starting to renovate, but they have a long way to go.
First lets do the PROS of this resort;
- nice pool areas and grounds
- nice beach with beautiful fine beige sand , easy to walk into the swimming area
- warm breeze and sunny days
- staff lacked personality or motivation
- time share staff harassing you on your way into the breakfast buffet and on the way out
- only one good restaurant , the breakfast Privilege Restaurant, close to the beach
Now the CONS;
- musty, mouldy, outdated, worn out rooms with noisy air conditioning units and bar fridges
- a long lasting power outage at the resort , 6 hours
- poorly prepared and tasteless food
- grumpy towel lady who won't give you a towel unless you get there between 2pm and 2:15pm, lol
- restaurants that have alternate closing days, so hard to get into the specialty restaurants, but don't waste your time , the foods a little bit better at the buffet
-annoying time share staff
In the end, we were very thankful that we were there with great friends for a wedding.
The wedding was beautiful and great fun, with the best food we had all week.
Seriously, check out the CONS of this resort with the other reviewers before you book. It's not what it appears.

Room Tip: Try a different resort
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RenoTraveller
GuestServiceOBS, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

First of all, we will like to thank you so much for choosing our hotel Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 as your destination for your Holidays, and at the same time we will like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your remarks as this feedback helps us to improve our level of service making special emphasis in these areas of opportunities mentioned by you in your valuable comments Making a day by day effort to innovate for the best of our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home.
Best regards,

Management.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This resort is all around awesome... the rooms, the service, the restaurants, and especially the entertainment crew. They devote their time to making sure that every family has a great time on vacation. Willy Wonka and Sam are amazing people along with the rest of the crew! They will definitely show you a good time. This was my second trip to this resort but I know it will not be my last!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank smasc24
GuestServiceOBS, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

On behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 We would like to really thank you and your husband for selecting our hotel and giving us the opportunity to serve you. As well we will like to let you know that we are glad that you enjoyed the service given by our employees and the rest of the facilities. We will continue improving our level of service day by day thanks to comments received from people like you. Thank you for sharing tips your valuable experience with others through Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you to your home away from home.
Best regards,

Management

Reviewed 27 November 2013

No Towels,Service is terrible, i asked for Drinks and always been told "no" better this or that,found out because dont want to do it,Rooms are bad and also we stay with another persons around 84 years old and they gave us a third floor and no elevators, special restaurants only open from 6-10 and the service is terrible.....no wifi in rooms,you need to walk 20 minutes to the lobby to get wifi service..
The wors vacation ever,we went over there to celebrate a wedding and was around 7 rooms,all of us disapointed.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SergioAdame
GuestServiceOBS, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

First of all we want to thank you so much on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 and We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your remarks as this feedback helps us to improve our level of service making special emphasis in these areas of opportunities mentioned by you in your valuable comments. We want you to know that we will take your recommendations into consideration, so for your next time you come see the difference.

It will be our pleasure if you give us the opportunity to host you once again to show you a whole different an unforgettable vacation.

Receive our warmest regards,

Management

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very nice hotel had the perfect time there. Beautiful beach and the food was fantastic.

We had some photos taken last year but when we went to the photo office to buy the prints on our last day it was closed. Is there any way we can Buy them online? Thank you

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terri L
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was most definitely the worst holiday ever. I stay at H10 hotels 3 or 4 times a year, usually Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote and am more than satisfied with service and high standards. As a hard working hotel GM I like to get away when I can and enjoy rest and relaxation. Rubicon ticks all the boxes. This time, however, I decided I would spend quite a bit more and really spoil myself in H10 Ocean Blue in Punta Cana. What a mistake that was! I booked directly with H10 and arranged for the promised free transport to pick me up from the airport. That's when things started to go wrong, I went to the pick up point as instructed and gave my name only to be told I was not on the list and "to go away and find my own way" As if by magic more than half a dozen irate taxi drivers descended on me and proceeded to literally fight over my luggage, pulling my suitcases from one to another.I am no shrinking violet but I was petrified. Eventually an American tourist came to my rescue and found me a reputable driver who drove me to the hotel for forty dollars. The first thing that struck me when I arrived was that the whole lobby was like a building site, no sign of the wonderful bar and lounge I had seen on the web site. When I recounted my airport experience to the receptionist on duty she totally disregarded it with a shrug of her shoulders. I had, by this time been travelling for 20 hours and just wanted to rest. I was taken to my room in Villa 10, I had upgraded to Privilege as I always do in Lanzarote and am never disappointed. My second shock was that the rooms next to mine were also being refurbished and it was like living in a building site and I was here for 14 days. The hairdryer did not work and worse still, the head board had been removed from behind the bed which meant I had regular fights during the night with the pillows which kept disappearing down the back of the bed. I was distraught in the morning and extremely tired. I had also discovered on checking the receipt for my stay which I had paid for on arrival that the girl had overcharged me by 100 dollars. I made my way to reception and after a lot of talking to guest service staff who didn't seem to care about any of my grievances insisted on talking to a Manager. Eventually she could see that I had been overcharged and agreed to a refund, she also said she was sorry about the mix up with my transport from the airport and would try to reimburse the cost of my taxi. This, she did, two days later. After my meeting with her I thought things were bound to get better, they did not. The hairdryer was fixed on the third day but it took nine days to persuade them to put a headboard on the bed. 8 sleepless nights and 14 days of banging, drilling, sawing next door. I was stepping over ladders, scaffolding and everything that goes with building works for the entire fortnight, they were on my doorstep. At no time would they agree to a room change. As for the Privilege upgrade, I complained for ten days that the maid had not ventured near my room to do the nightly turn down service, I gave up after that and decided not to waste any more energy. I'm sure there must be positives about this hotel but my judgement is clouded by the negatives I experienced, my entire holiday was a miserable disaster. The final irony was when I went to Reception the day before I came home to organise the free transport to the airport I was told to go to another desk where it would be taken care of. Guess what? They told me my name wasn't on their list I'd have to arrange my own. This hotel is a joke, I spoke to a lot of disappointed people whose expectations were shot to bits because of their experiences on their supposed luxury vacations. Despite two emails to H10 since I returned last week nobody has had the courtesy to reply. I live in hope!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo