“I enjoyed my vacations at Barcelo Premium Punta Cana”

Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Bavaro
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I love all the outdoor performance, all the theater shows were wonderful.
There is an entertainer who made my vacations very special, his name is Juan Rosario,better known as Minime. Minime is a person who always had a smile and a joke it doesn't matter if he is working as an entertainer or helping with any task. I like to thank him and the hotel for having such a wonderful human being.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Carmencita59
Javier C, General Manager at Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for share your positive comments about your stay in our Barceló Chain and highlight the great kindness and professionalism of our coworker Juan Rosario.

We are very happy to know the attention of Mr. Rosario could spend a pleasant stay in our property; it’s our commitment to provide our guests the best attention at all levels of service.

Thanks so much for your compliment about our nightly show; we hope to see you again in our hotel during your next visit to Punta Cana!!!

Javier Cordero Gilsanz

General Manager at Barceló Bavaro Palace Deluxe.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel is very clean and friendly. Wide selection of restaurants and cuisines. The best restaurant is La Comedie (french one). Also the beach is very clean and spacious. Colour of sea is the most beautiful on the whole island. We went to many different hotels on Dominicana, so we know what we say:)
We bought Club Premium offer, and we are very pleased! Sandra Sanchez made our stay very special. She was the most nice person in the staff!!! That was our 4th stay in this hotel and we will be back there soon for our honeymoon! :)
We highly recommend Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe:) If you can afford you should definitely buy the Club Premium Deluxe offer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elzbietaklos
Javier C, General Manager at Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe, we appreciate the time you have taken to write this positive feedback about your stay with us.

We are glad that we were able to provide you beautiful vacations and that you enjoyed your time in our resort specially in our Club Premium. We are also pleased that everything was to your liking. We are happy to know that our variety of foods, entertainments, as well as our beautiful beach and the attention of our staff have contributed to make your stay unforgettable.

Thank you so much for your special comments to our coworker Mrs. Sandra Sánchez who will be happy to hear from you.

We will be more than pleased of welcome you for your honeymoon!

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Ok I am making this review much shorter as my comprehensive review I wrote a few days ago was deleted by TripAdvisor as "not family friendly" even though not one word was profane, explicit or threatening. I think it was more because I wrote 10 long paragraphs telling the truth. All I did was ask the Manager, Mr. Gilsanz, for a sincere reply and not one of the scripted ones he seems to provide on here.

So fellow travelers I hate that my true version can't be published so here is the revised version.

Good: Ala Cartes, beach, Pirate Water Park, housekeeping, location to airport. Club Premium recommended. Jennifer in CP is a wonderful person and I appreciated her immensely. Master Suite is absolutely gorgeous and a side view is highly recommended.

Bad: Mr. Gilsanz, I came back a second time after a rough first visit and you gave me the standard "give us a chance to make things right in our little slice of paradise". I trusted you and I did appreciate the free upgrade to Club Premium but things have not changed and based on the reviews I still see daily, you don't seem to care.

A young lady ran us out of the "adults only" gift shop when was walked through (off the tram) on our way to the shops next door. No smile, just a frown and "no kids you must leave". You get no money was my reply. Next we went on our way and were about to walk down the sidewalk (200 yards from the beach) and were accosted (yes appropriate word here) by security who demanded we turn around and go back to the family area and walk back down the beach. Not a chance I am walking back 1/4 mile to where we just came from only to walk back the same way but on the beach. He relented after I pointed to the back and said "no".

Making your guests feel like prisoners is not acceptable.

Club Premium (Yris) at check out was not going to let me leave the property over $1! Yes ONE DOLLAR! I owed for a gift shop purchase and two phone calls, both which I was told by your operator "local calls free". I was down to my last $16 (tip money as I tipped your staff everywhere I went out of respect for their hard work). My credit card would not accept charges due to not being unblocked (I did call before I left to approve out of country purchase) and Yris wanted me to call them to approve the dollar I was short. She literally said "I cannot check you out until this is paid." Finally another young lady came up and shook her head at Yris and deleted that charge. Keep in mind my flight was leaving in 2 hours.

Don't eat the fish on the buffet! The sign says "filet" but they have bones. I got a 1/4" one stuck in my throat and after 10 minutes of choking, not one staff member (many walking by) stopped to see if I needed medical help. My kids were freaking out watching their father choke by the way.

Forget a refill, it's not happening!

Bottom line, food is good, not great but acceptable. Ala cartes ae very strict in their ways, and a 2 hour sit should be expected. Not due to crowds, it's just they way it is. Pools close at 7 pm which is silly but again, the rule of the house. Funny thing about the Adults Only side, the pool there has a sign that says "kids under 12 must be accompanies by adult". You can't walk down their sidewalk but you can take the kids for a swim. Very frustarting.

Hoyo 19 is terrible. Food mediocre but the staff wow. First refused to let us sit inside even though tables were open (no reservations taken mind you) and other couples walked in after and sat right down. Second trip to Hoyo 19 they gave our food to another family after a 45 minute wait (on eggs of all things) and the common "uno momento" excuse was given. No one came after that. Luckily that other family realized the mistake and gave us our plates. Yes we had to swap between ourselves and not one staff member ever stopped to see what was going on nor ask if we ever got our food. Hoyo 19 was a huge disappointment. Asked for manager, got "uno momento" and they all disappeared.

Mr. Gilsanz, Club Premium has my number if you want to contact me and discuss directly. I asked for you several times and was declined each time.

I cannot recommend this property although Punta Cana was a great place to visit. A little management and the resort would be a true 4.5 tar.

Room Tip: Building 5 is close to pool and restaurants, 6 is true peace and quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank coolcobramatt
Javier C, General Manager at Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Resort for your vacation. We are deeply sorry for any unfortunate circumstance you may have experienced .as well as despite having made every effort to assist you for the maximum enjoyment of your holiday, we regret that our services did not meet your expectations.

Javier Cordero Gilsanz,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in april 2014,i have travelled and stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world including about 12 hotels in dom.rep.this place is my favorite,the suite,the restaurants,the beach the staff,the food even in the buffet was amazing,i will be back to stay a few nights in this hotel in september,what a place,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
Javier C, General Manager at Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe for your vacations and for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay with us.

We are glad that we were able to provide you a delightful stay with us and that you had a wonderful time. It is a pleasure for us to know that our beautiful beach, our restaurants and as well as the performance of our staff was to your liking.

We are waiting for you on September in our little paradise.

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a wonderful time with 2 other couples at the Adults only side. Everyone there was very nice - we especially enjoyed Jose Arno the bartender - he was so kind and funny. The girls in the gift shop were very nice as well. This was my second birthday there and they sang and brought me cake and even put a cake, tee-shirt and letter in our room to thank me for celebrating with them. Two thumbs up Barcelo!

Room Tip: One room on the end top floor. One room on the bottom floor middle and one room beach front. They we...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank BAnnR
Javier C, General Manager at Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your impressions about your stay in Barceló Bávaro Beach.

It is a pleasure to know that the resort was to your liking and that in general you were satisfied with the service of our staff, It is a pleasure for us to hear that we were able to provide you a delightful stay in our complex and that we fulfilled your expectations.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in our Barceló Complex in Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from an 8 day stay that included our wedding on the beach and reception, along with 40 of our closest friends and family. We all had a great time at this beautiful resort and truly feel that the entire experience was better than we could ever have imagined. Many of our fellow travelers, along with my husband and I, are world travelers and have been to many hotels, resorts, beaches, etc. and everyone agreed this was by far the best all-inclusive resort we've ever been to. The beaches and pools and related activities were amazing - as well as the service we received from everyone during our stay.

We had the Club Premium status and were so pleased we decided to add this for our stay - as the check-in was relaxed and we were able to enjoy a quiet breakfast each morning in the area separate from the rest of the resort breakfast options. Our room was an ocean front deluxe suite and beyond amazing!! It was incredible to wake up to a view of the ocean each morning.

While I am not a fan of buffets and did not particularly enjoy those options - we took advantage of as many of the restaurants as we could. Our best meal by far was La Comedie which is an added perk to having the Club Premium status. We often ate with large groups of our friends so we all got to try many different food options. This worked well when some of us ordered food that was less than ideal and was able to try everyone else's :) We also tended to meet up at Strikers, the American style, 24 hour sports bar, in the evenings and enjoyed the buffet there and/or popcorn!

In the Club Premium lounge we worked specifically with Jennifer, Vianny and Leidy during our stay - and these ladies were fabulous!!! They greeted us each day with warmth and generosity and made us feel beyond welcomed.

We also utilized the Wedding services and worked with Elizabeth as our wedding coordinator. I had been working with her for about 6 months in preparation for our wedding and she was nothing short of amazing to work with! This proved true for our big day as well and she took extra care to make sure every detail was perfect. Part of the applique on my wedding dress started to tear and she even found a sewing kit and personally fixed my dress during the reception!!

Tropical Pictures was utilized for our wedding photography and we worked with the photographer, Sofia. Not only did she do a phenomenal job, she was so personable and great to work with. I know that Tropical Pictures does all sorts of photography services at the resort and I highly recommend them for their professionalism and outstanding results!

While we did encounter some people who worked at the result that knew minimal English (mostly the maids), everyone that worked there was friendly, warm and tried their best to meet our needs!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the resort were quieter and did not seem to have any children. Further no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Javier C, General Manager at Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor as well as for having chosen us as the ideal place to celebrate your wedding. We are more than pleased to know that you had a wonderful ceremony and that everything came as you desired.

We are glad to know that you, your friends and family enjoyed our resort, will be pass you kind comment to our coworkers Jennifer, Leidy, Vianny and Elizabeth your wedding coordinator as well as to Sophia from Tropical Picture, whom will be very grateful to received your nice comments.

We sincerely hope that you come back and visit us celebrating your honeymoon next year! Here, we will be waiting for your news whenever you decide to come back!

Our best regards,

Javier Cordero Gilsanz
General Manager Palace Deluxe.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our family, 2 adults & 11 year old daughter, traveled in February & stayed for a week over Presidents Weekend. We loved it. Our first trip to an all inclusive and we would highly recommend it. We splurged a bit for the junoir suite and Club Premium amenities. We appreciated the extras and the ocean front view. The hotel grounds were beautiful; maybe the nicest facility we've ever been to. The food was good. The evening restaurant variety was good. Make your restaurant reservations when you arrive. The beach was beautiful. The kids pool areas were beautiful and fun. The shaded areas at the pool were plentyful for those like myself who don't want direct sunlight when relaxing.The spa and exercise room were excellent. The hotel staff was great. Many spoke english, the others tried their best to speak some english or make themselves understood with hand gestures. The only negative we could find was that we had to leave.
What was the movie line..."I'll (we'll) be ba-ack."

Room Tip: Junior Suite ocean view was beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelingFamily54

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe for your vacations.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to fulfill your expectations 100%. It is nice to know that the performance of the service of our employees, the food of our different restaurants as well as the room was to your liking.

We hope to see you soon and thank you for your recommendation!!!!

General Manager at Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bavaro
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Eden Roc at Cap Cana
#15 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Premium Level at Barcelo Bavaro Palace? Share your experiences!