6,125 results
All reviews golf cart grand suite wilson perez level lobby gabi restaurant level family level guests adults only section gabi pool vip lounge steak and lobster adult level main lobby caribe tropical la pagoda american grill dominican restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just got back from a wonderful stay at The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical. This is the first time we have stayed at the Melia since we've been visiting Punta Cana. We have always stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace since 2002 and after they remodeled it.
My wife wanted to try Melia and we are glad we did,
The service was superb. The food was excellent at all the restaurants that we tried. The buffet for lunch at the Level was good.
We had a room that was a very short walk to the beautiful pool and beach. Room was nice and roomy.
There is construction going on at the resort so some of the restaurants were not open but the ones that were open were very good and the service excellent.
They are building a new water park for the kids. it should be ready December of this year.
We had a good time at the pool bar with Domingo, Victor and Alejandro. After the first day, they all new our names and remembered what we drank. Also, the music by the pool was very good. Lots of Dominican music. These guys work very hard and always had a smile on.
The complex is quite large but the have golf carts and a train that take you where you want to go. Everynight we took one to go to the main lobby to eat, watch the show and dance. They had music every night.
Franklin at the Capri restaurant was excellent. Great food.
Every night when we returned to the Level, we stopped at the bar and had a drink with Jose. He was nice and friendly. Had a good time talking with him.
We had a great time at the resort even though the weather wasn't too good. We will return soon, hopefuly next year.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FFC6236
MeliaCT, Community Manager at The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I would like to start by thanking you for giving us the opportunity to offer you an unforgettable Meliá vacation. It is such a pleasure to know you had an outstanding experience at The Level Meliá Caribe Tropical and we truly appreciate your words and the time you invested to share your comments with the whole TripAdvisor community.

Furthermore, we thank you for your appreciation of our facilities, services, gastronomy, accomodations, entertainment and the warm, courteous and professional attitude of our team. Rest assured, we will gladly share your compliments and gratitude with Domingo, Victor, Alejandro, Franklin and José. They will be surely thrilled to hear from you.

Whenever you feel the need to relax and be pampered in a beautiful Caribbean setting, just come visit us again. Your family at The Level will be awaiting your return, so we can show you all the beautiful surprises we have in store for you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved our stay at The Level, Meliá Caribe Tropical. Our family suite was spacious... perfect for a family of 4. We were right next to the pool area and one of the restaurants. If we could improve one thing? We would place the family area close to the beach. As it stands right now, it's far away and we had to rely on the golf- cart transport all the time. This didn't make sense to us-- the adult-only area was next to the beach, but the family rooms were so far away.

Finally, we need to warm other tourists about visiting The Circle. This was a scam! A young and friendly staff member offered us breakfast at the next-door Paradisius Resort and a free massage for two adults. We were picked up at 8:30 am and taken directly there. We wasted 3 hours of our precious time listening to a sales pitch for this new time-share scheme! We got to see the new site under construction, which was quite interesting, but other than that, we were taken from one sales person to the next. They explained to us "the numbers" and asked to put down in cash right then and there over US $7000 for a 30-yr membership. No chance of thinking over things, asking for advice or anything. Something seemed really sketchy... until my husband was downright rude we were taken back to our hotel. We were actually pretty shocked when after touring the new The Circle Ressort we were taken to a room full of salespeople aggressively trying to persuade clients to sign a contract for this timeshare. So be careful and just say NO if someone approaches you. Our time with our 2 kids would've been better spent relaxing at the beach!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingrid F

Dear Ingrid,

We would like to extend my most sincere gratitude to you for the valuable time you dedicated to share the details of your recent experience at The Level Meliá Caribe Tropical. It is an honor to know you actually enjoyed your time with us and had the opportunity to relax and create beaufutul memories with your family.

On the other hand, I would like to apologize if your did not appreciate the time-sharing presentation. In this sense, I would like to assure you that our goal was to offer you the opportunity to enjoy fully our facilities and services. However, I perfectly understand if you did not feel comfortable with the approach of our team or the time you spent during the presentation. Rest assured, this is an issue we will discuss with the time-sharing team.

Thanks for bringing to our attention your suggestions regarding the location of the family area. We will surely take your opinions in consideration, as our goal is to offer you a perfect getaway.

We count ourselves lucky for guests like you and look forward to welcome you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First of all, they are offering online restaurants, bars, pools which are NOT IN SERVICE... we had notice that in this resort suffered a big fire on December/2017 and all the affected area IS CLOSED. Really the offer of restaurants is poor, so this service doesn't superate our expectations. The service in general is good (not to high, like other in Punta Cana). We can't say this were an excellent vacation!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yolandac85

Dear Yolanda,

I would like to start by thanking you for the valuable time you invested to share your comments and thoughts with the TripAdvisor community.

We strive to offer you a memorable experience and, in order to do so, we renovate constantly our facilities and services. Furthermore, as you just noted, we suffered a fire last December and we are still working to renovate some of our areas. However, please be certain, all our areas should be opened next month. We do our best to avoid any disturbance to our guests and offer all the expected services. I apologize if, due to the renovation projects, you were not able to enjoy your vacation time with us.

We really hope you come visit us again so we can show you all the beautiful surprises we have in store for you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The concierge name Franklin we enjoyed his hospitality and Domingo at the swim up bar we had a ball it is a nice place to go all adult. We had several difference restaurants that we could attend and the water aerobics at 11 AM with bicycle in the water that was nice and ATV road trip my son had a nice time with friends and family to celebrate his birthday bash

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We would like to extend my sincere gratitude for your kind words. Moreover, we thank you for the valuable time you invested to share your comments with us.

It is a pleasure to know you and your family had a great time and that our team went the extra mile to make your stay and your son’s birthday more memorable. In this sense, we will gladly share your compliments with Franklin and Domingo, who will be thrilled to know their efforts didn’t go unnoticed.

Thanks for your visit. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was my 13th time and my wife's second time to the our forever home and I and my wife decided to celebrate our honeymoon in our forever home, from September 29th to October 7th. We stayed at the Level at Melia Tropical and we had the best time ever. I will break this review down into sections and at the end will give a final summation of our trip

Flight: 3.5 out 5

We traveled via Air Transat due to the savings and I will never travel with them again, mainly due to the cramped seating , being 6ft, it was just too tight , unlike Sunwing where I have had more comfortable flights in many respects.

Reception: 5 out 5

When you first arrive, which will take about 25 minutes or less, you will arrive at the Melia Tropical Caribe side which is very open air and beautiful. You will then be whisked away via golf cart to the, as of this writing, which will be changing, the lobby of the Level Adults only. When we arrived we were taking into the air conditioned lounge where we signed in , given our room cards, bracelets and then taken to our room.

Room: 4.5 out 5

When we arrived at our room we had a honeymoon banner in Spanish on our door and one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever had. Special thanks from the bottom of my heart goes to Roselis Tejada Wedding Coordinator for surprising my wife with what we found to our surprise when we opened the door to be a Jacuzzi Suite. The room was very spacious, the air con was cold and fully adjustable, the mini fridge stocked with beer(coors light) , juice, pop, water and a chocolate bar. The bathroom had a big walk in shower with dual shower heads, the jacuzzi was amazing with lighted wall painting above the jacuzzi and large balcony. The only reason I did give the room was due to the bathroom door not closing properly on the first attempts and the shower door not closing fully, none of which spoiled my opinion of this resort in any way. I also informed guest services upon check out of these minor issues so that they could have them rectified for the next guests.

Resort Grounds: 5 out 5

This resort has one of the most beautiful grounds I have seen in all my trips to Republica Dominicana and that stems from the hard work from the grounds people over the many years since its inception. The mana curing, the beautiful flowers, palm trees, beautiful pink flamingos all lend to create just a stunning paradise. There are 2 pools at the adults only, one beachfront in front of the Quattro and the other large pool where everyone congregated with swim up bar, behind the beach pool.

Resort Transportation: 5 Out 5

Before we left we read about about some problems with regards to waiting long periods for shuttle service . In our stay and I talking to other guests during our stay we experienced no issues, the most we may have had to wait was maybe 10 minutes and if you have to wait more then grab a drink and relax because your in paradise and what's the rush. Delays can happen for many reasons, including flat tires which we saw. Transportation is provided from the adults section to the main area of entertainment and restaurants, The Tropical side, via carts and trains, one red and one green. Therefore covered shelters with phones that you can use to call for pickup and you can get pickup for your room by calling reception.

Restaurants: 5 out 5

There is one restaurant located at the present adults only, which is the Quattro , on the beach, which is a dual restaurant that is open for breakfast , lunch, both of which are buffet and at night the upper portion becomes the Italian restaurant and the lower level, the steakhouse, a la carte at night where we found the food to be very good with excellent serviceWe also dinned at the exclusive Gabbi restaurant where you can dine ala carte or buffet and found the food to be very good? We also dinned at the Tropical side at the Mediterranean restaurant and the French restaurant, which were both a la carte and found the food to be very good. The other restaurants, ie the Dominican, Mexican were closed due to low season.

Nightlife and Bars:

The main entertainment can be found on the Tropical side where the outdoor amphitheater can be found, the casino which houses the small disco. We found the shows to be very good and disco was hit and miss but with good music, better I am sure in high season with more people . The best bar for top shelf liquor has to be hands down , the main lobby bar and nighttime retreat at the level section serving top shelf alcohol with no charge except aged liquor. The rest of the resort including the second pool at the adults only and the bars at the Tropical that we visited only local alcohol was served and top shelf at a price.

Staff and Animacion: 5 out 5

We found the staff at all the restaurants and bars to be outgoing ,friendly and professional and also found the drivers and reception staff to be excellent.

Beach: 5 out 5

This is Bavaro beach , number 7 rated beach in the world, what more can be said. Was there sea weed, yes, but being from South America and my wife as well, and an advanced diver, I know it's just Mother Nature and you just have to enjoy, how can you not, with all with all theses beautiful palm and coconut trees surrounding you and the sound of the ocean and waves.

In conclusion Domincan republic is our forever home and we plan to buy our forever home next year in Los corales and we will 100% return to this resort. Saying all of this , as of this November the resort will be splitting in 2, the new adults only being called the Melia Punta Cana Beach to enable a separate identity. We both would like to thank Melia and both I and my wife look forward to enjoying the services at the new resort and consider this resort the number one resort in Punta Cana. Republica Dominicana es en mi Corizon, and we both miss her wonderful people, beaches,music,food...everything, todo.

Haste que nos volvamos a ver
Robert y Alessandra

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ricosauve1

Dear Robert and Alessandra,

Wow! You left me with no words to express how I felt after reading this...Thanks a lot!

We truly appreciate your detailed, amazing and sincere feedback. It is an honor to read your beautiful comments and realize what a wonderful experience you had while staying at The Level Meliá Caribe Tropical. Furthermore, I would like to extend my gratitude to you for sharing your suggestions and thoughts with other travelers.

Thanks for your high consideration of our facilities, services, grounds, accomodations, restaurants, entertainment, beach and the warm and courteous attitude of our team.

It is such a pleasure to read of your love for the Dominican Republic and we really look forward for you to become a resident of our country, so you can enjoy fully the warmth and beautiful Dominican atmosphere. Moreover, we would love to welcome you back at The Level Meliá Caribe Tropical...as you noticed, we have beautiful surprises in store for you.

Su familia dominicana les estará esperando.