“Villa Lion is the Greatest”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Lion

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Villa Lion
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Larry M
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Villa Lion is the Greatest”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We spent a month in the Dec 2017/Jan 2018 period and had a fantastic vacation.
Villa Lion is a gardener’s paradise and a daily enjoyment. The grounds are professionally handled on a regular basis. It is very safe as it is with the IFA Bavaro Resort.
The interior is welcoming and very spacious. The kitchen has all the basics that you will need for food preparation. Television and internet service was excellent. Palma Real Plaza has a food store and is within a 10-minute walk. Punta Cana Mall has two grocery stores and is within a five-minute bus ride. The bus stop is right outside the main gate and the fare is only 40 pesos.
Each of the bedrooms is air-conditioned and has a spacious ensuite bathroom. There is a third bathroom next to the living room that guests can use.
The beach is a 15-minute walk and residents may use IFA resort beach chairs and washrooms. The beach area is next to the Bibijagua beach shopping area with three great restaurants for inexpensive lunches.
We visited the resort for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve after buying passes for $40/person(reduced rate for residents). AN EXCELLENT DEAL and a great experience!
We will definitely return and tell all our friends about this great villa.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Rojaty H
Fort Dix, New Jersey
“Private Rental Not Fully Experienced Due to the Unexpected”
Reviewed 9 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Villa Lion is a private rental that I found on TripAdvisor. The owner and the property manager both contacted me and answered all my questions regarding the property, its' amenities, and location. The owner, Richard was away during my stay but he made himself available to me as did the property manager, Jose. An unforeseen problem arose with one of the bathrooms and a sewer issue. That prohibited us from continuing our stay at the property for our entire stay and caused us to check out 24-36 hours later. Again the owner made himself available to me via email and text messaging. I was able to cancel the remaining rental agreement with no problem and was promptly issued a refund (minus fees + 2 nights). The property is beautifully landscaped and updated inside (main living area) and somewhat outdated in others (sleeping areas). Property can use a bit of updating in the bedrooms and bathrooms. There are great qualities with this property and a lot of 'little things' that would aid in its appeal in my OPINION. Remember we are all entitled to two things: our feelings and our opinions!!!! So here is my list of Pros and Cons based on my previous experiences with other private rentals.

Pros:
1. private rental - no resort restrictions or limitations
2. only had to pay a deposit to reserve (TripAdvisor) and balance due in 30 days
3. direct contact with the owner and the property manager
4. single family home (gated yard and driveway)
5. armed security guard patrols neighborhood as well as the neighboring resort grounds *FYI - I have been to Punta Cana, DR, numerous times and no problems or incidents happened to myself nor did I witness any
6. bedrooms (2) both have air condition / bathrooms (3)
7. washer
8. patio
9. full kitchen, counter-top with bar stools, dining room table, beautiful wood entertainment center, leather couch
10. beautiful landscaping (landscaper comes to maintain)
11. shopping centers 5-15 minutes away via car
12. beach is a 10-15 minute walk
13. purchase a drink or bite to eat at Poseidon restaurant on the beach and you can use their lounge chairs and WiFi

Cons:
1. no swimming pool
2. no association with neighboring resort (IFA) to be able to use their pool or beach lounge chairs
3. bathroom vanity is outdated in bedroom #2
4. toilet had hard water stains and gave a negative appearance in bedroom #2
5. tub was not clean and caulk stained in bedroom #2 (simple remedy)
6. shower curtain and shower liner were filthy and stained in bedroom #2 (simple remedy)
7. curtains outdated and dusty throughout the house (simple remedy)
8. dresser and nightstand dirty and stained in bedroom #1
9. toilet seat too padded in bedroom #1 -- the lid doesn't stay up which was awkward when using the toilet (simple remedy)
10. no comforter or blanket in bedroom #1
11. no extra linens (no ability to change sheets -- past 4 days I like to change my sheets)
12. no extra towels: only 3 towels, 3 hand towels (I don't want to wash towels every other day) and no separate towels for beach use
13. no type of cleaning supplies: I need to wash dishes, I need to clean sinks, counters, tubs, toilets, sweep/mop (beach sand) -- I treat rentals like I treat my home and I clean every other day
14. no paper towels, no toilet paper to even start (not every traveler knows to bring with them or stop at grocery store prior to check-in)
15. no iron, no ironing board, no blow dryer
16. no broom, no mop, no dust pan
17. no water machine, no water bottles
18. missing basic cooking utensils: for example: no pan or spatula (I had made mix for pancakes LOL), no measuring cup, no complete pot/pan set, mixing bowls, etc. (just items needed to prepare and cook meals)
19. some windows are missing screens (mosquitos, flies, bees, etc. can enter)
20, some windows didn't/couldn't close all the way

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing