Now Larimar Punta Cana
Hotelpower.com
US$139
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
13,577 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetentertainment teampreferred poolbluewater grillbig daddyantonio banderaspreferred statusmoments barpreferred areaspice restaurantpreferred roomchef manuelpunta canatropical viewscooby doobruno mars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2011

my family had to wait 3 hrs. for our room. The rooms were nice, but the bathroom lacked privacy. My sons ordered room service and it never arrived. Majority of the staff was rude and many didnt speak english. We came into our room one night after dinner and there was an extra cot set up that we never asked for. staff was in our room several times thru out the day-dont know why. towels werent replaced and there are no trash cans set up in common areas; so i saw alot of empty cups laying around and laying in flower pots.
Staff would not allow my son(14 yrs.old) in the hibachi. pamphlet states no one under 12.
I made a purchase in the gift shop on the premises, the clerk seemed annoyed that i did'nt purchase a necklace-handed me my change and never even said thank you.
This place ruined me for the Dominican Republic! I'll spend my money in the States!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Sally K
Reviewed 1 October 2011

After reading all the reviews for months I was afraid to go to the Now Larimar.There were 16 people in our party, and when we left we were all makeing plans to return asp. We loved everthing about this resort.I have no idea where these bad review come from.Frist check in was great no problem quick and easy rooms was ready. we were in our rooms and on the beach with in 30 minute of arriveing. Rooms were clean twice a day and mini bar was stocked back up as soon as we used them.Drinks flowed at the pool ever day ,a waiter was walking around every 10 minute with a tray of drinks for you,All the resturant were very good, no complains on any food enjoy some more than others.But everyone has different taste on food.,All the staff was very very friendly and tired there best to make you feel welcome in there country. They truly do want you there.I have been on many cruise and other resort and this is the only 1 I would rate a 10 plus.If you are booked here go you'll have the time of your life.Do not believe the bad review cause they are not true.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank 201graciepOO44
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Hello All. Now Larimar is our best spot for Holydays. 2 min from White sand & blue 29'C ocean. Staf strong ***** EXELENTE best regards to Alejandro ( superman love 2 finger Jim Beam no ice drop of cocacola for color :-) ).Now Larimar- Strongly recomended to everybody ! Thx for best holydays. I'll B back !!!! Gregor & family !

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Larimar the week of Sept 9th. The setting is absolutely gorgeous. We had lovely accomodations on the first level looking at the pool. I loved the location: very convenient to the beach and pool and not far from the plaza, lobby and restaurants. The food was delicious. My husband is a picky eater and was extremely pleased with the selection and taste of the food. No complaints there. We ate often at the Carnival Buffet as we were always greeted as "La familia" by Raul, David and Mayra who became like family almost instantly. We had a lot of fun with them as they pampered us! They truly make you feel special and I hated leaving them behind. I had also communicated with Juana, the e-concierge prior to our arrival. We met in person while there. It was nice to have a friend there prior to arrival. She even escorted us as we left the hotel. Each time I had to say farewell to my new friends, I did so with tears in my eyes. I loved the peace that I found in the Dominican Republic. There is not any reason to leave the resort. I love the beach and those thatched umbrellas! We traveled with two other couples and made friends with other couples and had a truly amazing vacation. I hope we can visit the amazing Larimar again soon!

Room Tip: Traveling off season, we were upgraded to Preferred Club without the extra expense! What a pleasant surprise....the resort was only 40% full!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank mej1980
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The hotel was very nice, we stayed there a week from June 22-27. We got 2 rooms one oceanview suite and the kids stayed at the family pool area in a two bedrooms suite. All the hotel infraestructure is really very nice. Can be really crowded, so be really patiente. Also the service is overall very slow. For some of the restaurants a dinner can last 3 hours. But, you are in an all inclusive and there's not much to do more than relax.
Make your dinner reservations as soon as you arrived because the reservations are very limited. The best restaurant is the italian. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family