Now Larimar Punta Cana
No availability for your dates from our partners
Excellent 5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
13,557 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetentertainment teampreferred poolbluewater grillbig daddyantonio banderaspreferred statusmoments barpreferred areaspice restaurantpreferred roomchef manuelpunta canatropical viewscooby doobruno mars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Preferred Ocean view room 1470 - AMAZING views of the resort and the ocean ( L shaped deck)
April 20th to 27th
Wedding April 24th (group of 20 – 2 children)
I travel a far bit for work to the US, as well have been south many times to all inclusive resorts. This by far is the top of my favorite places to go.I could write pages on this resort… and nothing but all good!

This resort is just beautiful, and the staff makes it even better.
I loved how they remembered you each day… We hung out in the preferred club pool area as our 19 month old twins loved the pool there and it was a great area for us as it wasn’t too crowded.
Karen, we loved to see you everyday! One of the nicest people I have ever met, she would come each day to see my girls and have a chat with us all. She knew everyone that was with our wedding group, and made a point to see us each day.
Castaways was a big hit, amazing breakfast/lunch.. amazing staff. Our girls like to make a mess when they eat (what child doesn’t), there was never an issue. They loved to see us come (that’s the way we felt). Everyone knew the twins names and played with them.
We only ate in the main buffet twice.. again amazing staff.
Room service.. never more than a 45 minute wait ( which is good compared to some US hotels). Your food is made just for you and always hot and yummy. Try the pizza, steak etc.. there was nothing we ordered we didn’t like.
Anyone with children know some restaurants tend to make you feel like you should of stayed home with your children.. NEVER once did we feel like that. We felt so welcome where ever we went on this resort.
The French restaurant is a MUST (no children allowed and you need to dress up). It was nice for us to get a night to ourselves and this was the best place to go. Juan was a great server, so darn fast! Most amazing food I have ever eaten! Very romantic, quiet, private… you get the idea 

Wedding – Amazing.. I loved our day.
Ladies, yes the initial emails are delayed with WC’s there.. BUT no need to worry.
Luisa is a wonderful WC, she had everything under control and was awesome to work with.
I am not a flower person, but my flowers were out of this world.
The server at our reception… I forget his name but it was his last night working at the resort (not his choice) he went above and beyond. I never had an empty glass, no matter if I was on the dance floor or at the table. No one did… he was amazing and I sure hope Now Larimar hires him back when they need to pick up staff again. I hope my photographer got a picture of his name tag because I would love to pass along more professional feedback to management.
Wedding food.. loved by all 20 guests!
I couldn’t ask for anything more on our day  Everything was perfect, sure they played the wrong song but that can happen ANYWHERE and was very quick to fix it.
Brides.. book the SPA.. I LOVED my hair and the bridal suite was a perfect addition my bridesmaids got for me! The girls there are better than any salon I have been to in Canada for bridal hair.
Our girls at 19 months old had the best time. I would recommend this resort to any family, no issue with anything at all.

Food/Drinks top notch!
Really Canada should go there to learn about customer service. I was so impressed.

Now a few things to note ..only minor issues:
our fridge wasn’t restocked daily… 3 calls and a trip to the preferred club desk got us 2 bottles of water and one juice box. Not a big deal as we just went to the preferred club section in our building and got what we needed.
Our bed was dirty upon arrival… I didn’t bother to call as it was already late enough when we arrived. We had two beds so we just slept in the clean one… (We didn’t bother to switch room to a get one bed due to the amazing view. We just pushed the bed together once the second one was cleaned.)
Our room wasn’t cleaned until later in the day even after I requested it be done earlier. The guys got ready for the wedding in a un cleaned room. Again I am not going to complain about the time someone cleans up after me! It was only the wedding day we used the room during the day.
Again nothing to make us decide to not return! This resort is beyond amazing and we can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Preferred is worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for a vacation the end of January 2013. We cannot say enough about the welcoming atmosphere, the level of attention by all the staff and the extra mile everyone goes to make the resort a happy place to be.
We love the no reservation system for the ala carte restaurants, we never had to wait for a table more than 10 minutes. The service at all of these was outstanding, everyone was attentive and friendly. We had no complaints at any of our meals. The only issue we had was at breakfast buffets. We would wait to be seated by the hostess and then would get up to get our meal. Two different mornings we would go back to our table to find someone else sitting at our place so we had to scrounge for a new table. Staff that served beverages tried to help but they were very busy and tables at the times we were there were not readily available. We learned to leave our sunglasses or a book at the table to let others would know we were returning. This was a minor inconvenience and hopefully by now someone has come up with a way to let others who come in know when a table has been assigned. We enjoyed all our meals and were very satisfied with quality, choices, and quantity.

The pools were very well maintained and water temperature very comfortable. Getting a chair in the afternoons can be a bit of a challenge if you do not play the morning towel game of reserving your spot. We confess that we finally did this each morning. The same for chairs at the beach. I guess if you opt up to preferred club status this is not an issue. We did not.

Our room was well situated, I recommend upgrade to pool view and try had to get room in the main complex, not in the newer hotel area. Although that is a very nice and quieter location and really only a 10 minute walk or a shuttle ride to main lobby. Again opt for pool view to avoid looking out on other buildings or fences or areas where maintenance is located. Our bed was very comfortable and our room well cleaned every day and fresh towels each day. Our fridge was stocked with sodas and extra water bottles. I requested more water bottles since I am not a soda drinker. Request was honored every day.

Now for the reason we will be returning and recommending this hotel to our family and friends, the entertainment committee. They are the warmest, friendliest, most energetic people we have met in a long time. They make every effort to get people to join in daytime activities but we never felt pressured. They encourage and make everything so much fun, even if you do not care to join it it is always fun to be a spectator. There are plenty of things to do at all levels of ability. They take the time to invite you in, to learn your name, to mingle with you in the evening before the shows, to greet you in the lobby to make you feel welcome and at "home".
Our special thanks to Karen and Eddie Murphy for making our stay so enjoyable. You are the best!!

We will be returning! Thank you so much for a great week.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Loved loved loved this resort. My husband and I had our wedding there. We had 34 people traveling with us. Check in was a breeze although it was difficult to find our room. We stayed in the preferred master suite. Loved the room but sliding bedroom doors were difficult to open and close. The view was amazing. 24 hour room service was great. Loved all the restaurants. We had no issue getting into spice. We didn't have a reservation, they asked for our room number and we were seated right away. My only issue the whole trip was the mini bar wasn't stocked every day. I had to call twice. The beach was beautiful pools were clean. The staff are constantly cleaning and maintaining every area of the resort. The staff were all so friendly. We were traveling with quite a few children and they had so much fun! Great resort for families.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just returned from NOW and loved it! It was a great vacation! The staff really made the trip! From Rosmery at the front desk to Cristina, our maid, to Karen who directs entertainment, to David at breakfast, and Carlito and Luis, servers on the beach, each one of them was extremely personable. People and service make my vacations and it was a homerun here! Thank you!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My friends and myself, we travelled to Now Larimar on 17 March. We stayed in the hotel for 11 nights on all-inclusive basis. The first impression we had was ....WOW! And this impression stayed with us for whole stay! I can honestly say this was the best holidays I had so far. The room was huge, had everything you needed, and the room service was very friendly and helpful. The whole resort is kept in immaculate order, the area surrounding the pools was perfectly clean, and there was always someone taking care of grass, pools and any rubbish that guests may have left.
The food was great, although we would expect more of Caribbean type food and more spicy/hot meals.
We had fantastic time at the pool bar Tortuga and The Mix bar, with the best barman ever, Edwin, who on our first day presented us with his "Edwin special" drink, which became our only drink we had during the whole stay! We still don't know what was in it, but it was delicious. All stuff of the pool bar, including Jose, Calvin, young Jose and Matilde, and everyone else, was always nice, ready to have a chat, little dance even and get us our drinks.
You will never be bored at Now Larimar, because their Entertainment team is Excellente! Everyone from The team was putting a lot effort to get the guests involved in all kind of activities during the day. You could start your day with morning yoga or stretches, then some aerobic, followed by bingo with great prizes, zumba, and beach games as well. And as you had fun, you also got paid for it! In Now Larimar money/coupon which later in the week could be used on the Auctions. We got nice bottle of champagne and professional massage! So make sure you start taking part in the activities from the first day - you will not regret it. Each evening The Entertainment team was performing at the main plaza. Their dancing skills are definitely worth mentioning! The most we enjoyed All Stars night, certainly worth going to see it. Great fun and good laugh, as The Team is performing like professionals. Unforgettable event. We want to send special thanks to all members of the Entertainment Team, but especially to JC, Karen and Fernando! You made our stay more enjoyable than we could expect!
The whole place is a little "out of this world" - everyone is extremely friendly, always smiling, always with "excellente!" attitude - wish more people went there for holidays take lessons on "how to be happy"!
Will never forget this holidays, place and people and if I can, I will make it my destination again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends