Now Larimar Punta Cana
US$191
Barcelo.com
US$250
  • Breakfast included
Los Corales Beach Village(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$90
Bookit.com
US$927
Hotelpower.com
13,687 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetentertainment teampreferred poolbluewater grillbig daddyantonio banderaspreferred statusmoments barpreferred areaspice restaurantpreferred roomchef manuelpunta canatropical viewscooby doobruno mars
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The beach on this resort was very beautiful and clean. The Hotel grounds were immaculate.The resort was pretty close to the airport so there was not as much travel involved. We loved the nightly shows, entertainment by the pool, and on the beach. We especially loved a man named Mozart Jackson. He was wonderful and very talented!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank doodlelovingfamily
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear doodlelovingfamily:
Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire personnel of Now Larimar Punta Cana
Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We congratulated on your behalf our entertainment personnel for helping to make your stay memorable.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again. Thanks again.
Warm regards

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Our room was a disappointment. We were in building one, fourth floor facing the property next door. There is a service road between the properties which was loud and the view was of some old buildings. Our room had a door connecting it to the room next door and the occupants were very loud. We were in the preferred club area which put us close to the pools and beach and that was nice. Housekeeping came one day out of four, even though I kept asking the preferred club lounge receptionist for them to come. I had to grab clean towels from a cart in the hallway and our mini bar was restocked once. The bathroom wall was weird. It was not all the way up to the ceiling so there was no privacy. Every time we visited the preferred club lounges someone was complaining about something.
We ate at Spice one night and it was very good but we were still hungry so went to the buffet afterwards. We ate lunch at Castaways one day and the pizza was great. We enjoyed Barefoot grill everyday and always found it hot and fresh. We ate at Capers and my daughter had diahhrea and stomach cramps for five days afterwards. It wasn't real Italian food but was okay. The buffet was great and they put on a wonderful Thanksgiving Day feast. They did a great job. Our waiters Oswaldo and Miguel were fabulous and brightened our days with their smiles and friendliness.
We never had a problem finding a lounge chair at any of the pools or at the beach. The preferred pool is small and the quiet pool is nice for swimming laps. The beach is beautiful. Don't walk down the beach going north. You will be bothered by solicitors and they won't leave you alone. Walk the other direction towards the other resorts. It's a nice walk.
The wind is always blowing and the water a little rough at times. Lots of seaweed at times. Absolutely no sea shells and the sand is very soft.
After we got over the disappointment of our room and took a shower with clean towels, we enjoyed the beauty of the beach, friendliness of the waiters and good food at the buffet. But, we won't be back to this resort and I would not recommend it to anyone. There are lots more to choose from.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AMResorts
3  Thank mel0nie
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Mel0ni:

I deeply regret that we have not met your expectations, compared to other hotels, and you could not enjoy your holiday as we would have wished.

I have reviewed thoroughly every point that you kindly report in a constructive manner and I deeply regret for the lack of our attention about the unfortunate facts that you encountered.
Please be certain that these are isolated events and are not part of the standards and high quality service that characterizes our resort and brand. We have taken your feedback very seriously and be certain that we will work in our opportunity areas in order to keep growing and delivering exceptional service to our guests.
We regret that has no room was not what you expected, and not acting in time to remedy your problems with the high voices of your neighbors.
We are working with housekeeping, to improve service, and avoid errors, as you write us, with your towels.
We are also discussing with the chef your opinions in order to improve the quality and variety of our dishes like Italian food.

Despite the drawbacks, we are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your holiday and the beach was as expected.
We hope we get another chance, and to be able to see you soon to exceed your expectations.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Just come back from the now larimar December 2013 I went with my husband and 9 month old baby. We had an awesome time the hotel was lovely clean and easily accessible,very baby friendly. The staff were all friendly including the waiters bar staff maids and reception. The best hotel entertainment I have experienced every night there was something different for all guests like shows..magicians..games..dancers..circus show. The entertainment team were brilliant during the day by the pool and beach and and night. Shout out to the team.. Jc,billy,mj, the very handsome chocolate. The international buffet was average as many resorts, although the a la carte restaurants were very nice the American and Italian and the Japanese especially recommended. We would definitely go back and recommend for all such as families, couples group of friends. The rooms are very nice and large but recommend to go for the pool view rooms as are closer to the beach, otherwise other deluxe garden view are pretty far in other section of hotel and need to get buggy carts to travel from one to the other.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Samina K
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Samina K
Thank you very much for sharing with us your valuable feedback, it's nice to know that in your recent stay at the hotel Now Larimar Punta Cana, we meet your expectations, we like to make holidays memorable moments, and your kind words give us courage to move on.
In the name of my whole team, let me wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for the upcoming 2014.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have just returned from my wedding/wedding week at the now Now Larimar Punta Cana. I have many words for this resort and the staff at this resort and they are FABULOUS, WONDERFUL, AMAZING and EXCELLENT!!!!! Our wedding planner Francina Rodriguez is an absolute gem!! She helped us plan an absolutely PERECT wedding. I know weddings typically are never perfect, but I must say with the help of Francina mine was. She went above and beyond for my husband and I, we could never thank her enough for the wonderful job that she did. I do not think David Tutera could have planned a better wedding. For brides out there debating on a destination wedding I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Now Larimar and Francina Rodriguez. Francina also planned our Welcoming/Rehearsal dinner which was also FABULOUS!!! From the decor to the food and the service both events deserved 10 STARS!!!! We also used WBA photographers, the Now Larimar's onsite photographers. Amy di Sarno was our photographer and she was absolutely the BEST!!! My wedding pictures are so amazing and I have her to thank for that. She captured every important moment and was so creative with the pictures. She really thinks outside of the box to capture those once in a lifetime moments. The pictures are so gorgeous, it has been so hard for my husband and I to pick pictures for framing because they are all so beautiful!! Another member of the staff that I must say was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL is FELX A.. Felix A. from the moment we arrived at the resort, went above and beyond for myself, my husband and all of our 45 wedding guests. He ensured that every single one of our guests arrived with all there luggage to their rooms happily and with smiles on their faces. We had a few small issues with a couple of the rooms and Felix A. stayed right by our side until all the issues were resolved. I hope Felix A. gets a MAJOR PROMOTION at this resort because he more than deserves it!!!! Felix A. throughout our entire trip came to check-in on us to see if we needed anything. Even when we were at the pool Felix A. would stop by daily to make sure all was well. He is an ABSOLUTE STAR at this resort, he's SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!! On account of him and a few other STAR EMPLOYEES we cannot wait to return to the Now Larimar. Another OUTSTANDING employee is Marcelino, he works in the Preferred Club Lounge. Marcelino helped us with our room bookings as well as accommodating all requests that we had prior to our arrival at the resort and throughout our stay at the resort. He is simply wonderful and he was a huge help to my husband and I. Everything we asked for he was more than happy to accommodate. Daniella, a server at the preferred pool is another SHINNING STAR. She was so kind and so helpful with every request we had. She made are days at the pool very fun, relaxing and enjoyable. Davis, the poolside manager is another FABULOUS EMPLOYEE. Davis too was always accommodating to every request that we had. He too as all the others mentioned in this review went above and beyond. Last but not least Angel the hotel manager was WONDERFUL!!! As I previously mentioned we had a few small issues with some of the rooms. Angel stepped right to help us correct the issues to ensure that we had a FABULOUS stay at the Now Larimar. Francina Rodriguez, Amy di Sarno, FelIx A., Marcelino, Daniella, Davis and Angel are truly the BEST of the BEST and as I said before we cannot wait to return to the Now Larimar!!!! My wedding guests were even asking if they would get a discount booking another trip before they checked out. My husband, myself and all of my guests were over the moon with the Now Larimar and all of us cannot wait to return!!!! A few other employees that stood out at for their excellent service and hospitality at the Now Larimar are Chocolate (entertainment), Yokace (evening housekeeping/maid), Milvio (beach server), Antonio (pool bar) and Nueley (head of security). They too were ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! My husband and I from the bottom of our hearts would like to thank the Now Larimar and all the the employees mentioned above for a lifetime of BEAUTIFUL memories that we will cherish forever. See you again soon!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Room Tip: All rooms are absolutely beautiful in their own way. I would recommend booking preferred rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ErikaBilly

Dear ErikaBilly:

Thank you for took your time for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay in Now Larimar Punta Cana.

It was a pleasure meeting you and being able to help in such special day. In Now Larimar, we know how important it is for a bride her wedding day. That’s way, since the moment we knew your problems, we act quickly. And I am glad to read that, at the end, we exceed your expectations.

So Again: Thank you very much for choosing us to celebrate such a special day. And I will congratulate the staff on your behalf, especially Marcelino, Felix, Daniella, Amy, Chocolate, and Milvian, whose service contributed in your happiness. We wish you all the best.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again,

Warm Regards

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was our seventh trip to the DR and also an Amresort,it was not up to the standards of Dreams,the mozzies dinned out on me every night as the hotel doesn't fumigate the rooms,we also had an interesting view -rows upon rows of washing we also overlooked a service road and traffic started as early as 4am throughout the day we had delivery vehicles and a Tractor,this service road also runs along side the Preferred club pool so you get the traffic fumes one end and the grill fumes the other,this pool needs to be relocated,the one set of toilets for the beach area is to small and needs an attendant at all times as it is pretty disgusting,this hotels has a problem with housekeeping and a shortage of clean towels.
We enjoyed the various restuarants but disappointed that they no longer have an earth n turf.

We would like to thank Felix a supervisor and Ivan the assistant manager for all their help they do a really good job and work extremely hard to please everyone.

Room Tip: try to get a room with an even number,it is best to steer clear of so called Tropical views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Dianeesex

We deeply regret that we have not met your expectations, compared to other hotels, and you could not enjoy your holiday as we would have wished.
We care about your feedback about mosquitoes, and we want to inform you that we are working to improve the fumigations to have better results
We hope that despite this experience you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Kind Regard