“Great Location & Service”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Maumelle
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed at the Quality Suites in July when I was attending a reunion in the area. The Customer Service agent, Marlin, was wonderful & helped tremendously with all arrangements including a request for an earlier check in due to my event start time. The price was superb. The hotel is in a wonderful area & close to restaurants with easy access to the interstate,

Honestly, one of the reasons I chose this hotel is that I am a light smoker. (Don't judge please). I stayed in a smoking room in the event I chose to smoke, although I was only in my room long enough to shower & sleep.

The room was okay & yes, I will stay there again. The bed was incredibly comfortable & the tv is super nice.However, the hotel could actually charge more with a few small improvements. The only issues I noticed were that housekeeping could have been much improved. The shower head wasn't up to even "average" standards & the carpet could have used a good cleaning. The other issue was that the room smelled TERRIBLE upon entering as if it had been closed off for months on end. Okay, yes, I understand smoking isn't a pleasant smell, but this was much more. It was like a closed-off attic smell that improved immensely after the door had been opened several times & the air was turned on.

To that end, I am grateful there was a smoking hotel although I didn't hardly smoke in my room. However, Quality Suites Management can invest a small amount in some type of air cleaner administered by housekeeping for everyone, even lowly smokers. Lysol Spray would be perfect or Orek air purifiers or even a small amount of air flow in any regard. Open the doors to closed off rooms every now and then would help so much & make every guest experience so much more pleasant. Some thorough cleaning to the bathrooms would probably do worlds of good too. The hotel was fine, but if you're looking for luxury--you might want to consider other hotels. Overall, I would recommend Quality Suites of Maumelle and would return. Hope their housekeeping staff can be increased & improved before then.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator during summer season. It's loud w/ lots of kids to and from the pool...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Over all we had a good experience. Our entire baseball team/families stayed here for two nights, June 15 & 16. There was only one reservations mishap and that was corrected.

Our room was clean and roomy with two double beds, a couch (hideabed), desk, mini fridge, microwave, etc... The only thing we found odd in our room was that in the area for the coffee pot, above the mini fridge and beside the a small sink, there was not an outlet for the coffee pot. We remedied that by moving it to the bathroom counter.

As for the fitness Center, it did not exist. My husband was told it was under construction and one of the other members of our group was told that it didn't get used so they closed it and that we could go down the street to the Holiday Inn Express and use their fitness center.

Good location, easy to get in and out of and close to our destination, Burns Baseball fields. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ladybug7812
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time out to compliment our property and I apologize about the fitness center but we removed the out dated equipment during our renovations. As for the billing issue, I'm glad we got that corrected. We hope that the next time you are in town, you'll stay with us.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

You definitely get what you pay for, as evidenced by our recent stay at this property. I usually stick to Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn when on the road, but I decided to give the Quality Suites a try since we would be arriving late and staying just one night. We arrived late at night and got checked in rather quickly. When we opened the door to the room, it was very smelly - like a combination of old cigarettes and mildew. I should have immediately gone downstairs and requested a new room but, like an idiot, I decided to just stick it out, figuring I would get used to the smell. The room was just GROSS - dirty, stained carpet; baseboards missing from the walls; white paint (?) on the headboard and wall; moldy shower head. The room was lit up like midday when we turned the light off - there are darkening curtains, but the light from a security light outside the window was pervasive. I also killed a bug crawling across the middle of the bed, which was just an added treat I guess.

Breakfast offerings were pretty bad as well. Watered-down orange juice, stale biscuits, over-ripe fruit, etc.

I stopped at the desk to complain about the room and was told that it shouldn't have had a smoke smell since it was a nonsmoking room. I asked if the room had previously been a smoking room and was told by the manager on duty that yes, in fact, it had been a smoking room up until 3 weeks ago. Really???? They have painted in the smoking rooms but that's it.

Upon arriving at our next destination on our trip, we discovered that the nightclothes we had on in the room were so stinky that we can't wear them. I phoned back and spoke again to the manager who reported we were the first people to complain of the smoke smell. I let him know that Tripadvisor suggests otherwise! I asked for a refund of my charges, and he granted my request and then proceeded to hang up on me. Unfortunately, the refund doesn't take care of our stinky clothes that we now have to tote around for the rest of our trip :(

Just pay the extra and stay in Conway or another location - this place is the worst. Perhaps other rooms are better or perhaps other Tripadvisor reviewers just aren't as selective when it comes to cleanliness because I certainly don't understand the "excellent" reviews!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Again, I want to apologize for the experience that you had during your stay. I can understand your frustration and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may rectify the problem. As for the baseboards and the paint on furnishings; our hotel is currently under renovations to be completed by the end of summer. This definitely should have been explained to you at check in but there is no excuse for you not being satisfied. Thanks for taking the time out to review our property and I hope that your next experience at a Choice Hotel is not tainted by your stay here.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We had an early morning appointment in the area, and wanting to save some time and effort, decided to just check in and stay. This place was really nice, no problems, pretty good breakfast buffet in the morning, and was overall a very pleasant experience. It's a very nice area as well, so there's no worries there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
QualityAR613, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

We want to thank you for taking the time out to write a review and we are even more thankful that you enjoyed your stay. It pleases me to receive any feedback in regards to our hotel; this allows us to correct any issues that we may not see from the inside looking out, but it pleases me even more when we have positive remarks because that allows us to measure our service. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

This my regular run between Memphis and Tulsa. As I cannot ride more than 3-4 hrs by car I usually stop in Conway to spend the night. This trip my usual hotel was full so I reluctantly booked a room here on the advise of a friend. What a pleasent suprise.! The rooms are large, fresh and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and slept well. Zelda was working the desk when we arrived and she was cheerful and smiling. She seemed genuinely glad we were there.Check inntook every bit of 3 min's and I was in my room in 5. I read a few other reviews that said there was not an elevator, yes there is an elevator. If you are traveling through Arkansas and need a place to sleep, you will not find a better value. This is our new stopping place when traveling to Tulsa.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank RLitterell
ar613, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thanks for your response and letting everyone know that "This is the place," your time and comments are greatly appreciated. Hope you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Rooms where clean and roomy. Good for a family of five. Parking is free and close to room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
qualitysuitesmaumell, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thank you for your comment and we're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I have stayed in other areas of Little Rock but needed a place closer to the location of where I was working. I had read reviews of other hotels in the area, and due to budget constraints I am limited on where I can stay. The other cheaper hotels did not have very good reviews. While there were a few bad apples from the past listed on this hotel, I chose to stay here anyways. I am glad I did.

The room I stayed in was a bit small when compared to a few of the other rooms. I could have moved the 2nd week I was here, but decided against it. Housekeeping starts bright and early on the rooms where people have already checked out. I kept my DND sign out, but could hear housekeeping knocking and entering the other rooms. Breakfast ends abruptly at 9 am during the week and on the weekends at 10 am. My advice is don't push the 9 am time if you want something to eat, otherwise you'll find yourself going to Subway, Waffle House, or McDonalds which are real close!

This hotel in areas does reflect that it has been around for awhile. As for sleep quality, the beds are comfortable however, I did hear quite a bit of noise from other rooms and from the outside.

Washer and Dryer are located on the 2nd floor and work well. Parking is limited, so if you're hauling a trailer you might want to check in early.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

I would stay again.

20 minutes to most places in Little Rock.

Room Tip: Some rooms are small, so you may want to ask to see the room first if you are staying for more than...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Your response is greatly appreciated and we hope you come back soon.