It’s the “little” things that make this place stand out.
We arrived at Lombok Lodge for 12 days / 13 nights of R&R, after going through a tough few months. We must admit my husband and I had high expectations due to some wonderful stays we enjoyed in resorts in Fiji, and only hoped that the reviews, overviews and photos of the resort matched the actual stay! Well they did and more.
It is obvious once you immerse yourself into the life that is Lombok Lodge, photos & brochures can show a resorts beauty on the outside but can never really capture a places soul. It was the little things that they did that that make this place stand out , from the Management and owners personally introducing themselves and freely engaging with you throughout the stay , the warmth of the staff and their attempt to meet your expectations and beyond.
Some of the little things included:
• Changing the artwork in your room every few days
• The Beautiful turn down of beds at night
• The little Lombok embossing on the turned loo paper.
• The gardener who was discreetly advised by the Day Spa that they were about to massage a client, so he ceased mowing until the client was massaged and had left the spa area.
• The toilets cleaned immediately after every use in the restaurant area.
• The staff remembering our names, where we were from, and how long we were staying.
• Individual candles amongst the sand that had the Lombok Lodge Symbol carved into it, leading to the beach romantic dinner.
• The complimentary smoothie and ice-cream delivered around the pool
• A surprise delivery of Canapés and bubbles to our room one afternoon when staff knew we were having a relaxing afternoon on our day beds.
• My husband organised a Frangipani bath one evening, and to his surprise they also appointed the room with candles and more flowers.
OMG and the food , where do I start , beautiful fresh , intense flavors and Chef Jiwa that ensured that every plate was cooked and served with LOVE !! As we stayed there for 2 weeks, Chef designed our own menu for the 2nd week, which was highly indulgent and a wonderful gesture. And then the beautiful waiters who bought the food at to you – a credit to you Restaurant Manager Hamdy – Dony , Erwin & Hilu, passionate about the food they were serving you. You could see them smile everytime they picked up your plate and it was literally wiped clean.
My only downfall if at all is as previously stated in other reviews the beach is disappointing , but the fact you can take the boat out to Gili island on a daily basis, and even visit a neighboring resort for a beach swim if required certainly makes up for this .
Lombok Lodge you won us over, and the excitement & anticipation we felt before staying, was truly met and beyond! Can’t wait to see you next year – and we look forward to our welcome drink – with Vodka !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOMBOK'S LEADING BOUTIQUE HOTEL Just 9 exclusive Designer's Lodge Suites, luxuriously equipped, overlooking the turquoise ocean of Lombok's beautiful Medana Bay. Located only a quick shuttle boat away from the Gili Islands. A fusion of contemporary design, Luxury Hermes Amenities and elegant Asian touches, in an oasis of comfort and charme. Enjoy a total experience at The Lodge; all accommodation rates include A la Carte Breakfast and 5-Course Dinner for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lombok Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lombok Hotel Pemenang