We were celebrating our 10th anniversary and we chose Oberoi Lombok. We were initially not sure if Oberoi Lombok was the right choice as we were traveling with our two kids (ages 4 yrs and 20 months respectively)- as this place is known more for honeymooners or couples traveling without kids. But I do not regret my decision at all. We had a wonderful stay (5 nights/ 6 days) at the Oberoi Lombok.
1. Our arrival was very well managed right from the airport. There was an Oberoi representative at the airport waiting for us. They had arranged for a very good 7 seater van to drive us to the resort. It was a 1 hr 45 minute ride through dense jungle. It was a long and a winding road. My wife suffers from motion sickness, but the driver was very good and he managed to drive at a good speed at the same time ensuring that it was a smooth ride ( my wife did not throw up and infact she loved the journey :)
2. Once we arrived at the reception, our check in was a smooth process.
3. We were initially disappointed when we found out that the place did not have a kids club ( like the Marriott). But the staff ensured that our kids were well entertained. They arranged for some toys and blocks. Also my wife did not want to feed our younger one, Gerber or Heinz bottled food all the time. The hotel staff ensured that the chef cooked special baby meals for our younger son based on the recipies we gave them. This was done everyday for lunch as well as dinner!
4. I had arranged for a special candle lit dinner for our anniversary and the resort staff managed it with perfection and with great service. They managed to cook a dish which my wife loves but was not on their menu!
5. We forgot our camera a couple of times around the resort and the called us immediately to inform us that they had the camera with them.
6. Our Ocean view villa was amazing and it also had a small garden for our kids to play.
7. They baked an amazing chocolate cake for our anniversary and also for my wife's birthday.
8. They managed to arrange for a baby sitter who kept the kids entertained for two hours while we were having our anniversary dinner.
9. We enjoyed snorkelling at Gili islands. It was the first time we were snorkelling and it was an amazing experience.
We would like to thank the Oberoi Lombok staff for the great service and ensuring that we had a memorable anniversary. We would love to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded Luxury Resort with traditional influences, situated on the beach in 24 acres of tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oberoi, Lombok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Lombok Hotel Mataram
- Oberoi Hotel Lombok
- Oberoi Hotel Mataram
- Oberoi Mataram
- Mataram Oberoi