“Great Stay!”

Ashley House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melbourne
Ashley House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Melbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I spent last weekend at the Ashley House while we were in Melbourne for a family reunion. As with our previous visit several years ago we were very satisfied during our stay. Our room was clean and had a very comfortable bed. The new owners, Shayne and Tanya went beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was all that it should have been. Shayne had coffee made early every morning and we enjoyed sitting on the porch visiting with him, his wife, and other guests in the evening. You won't be sorry if you stay at the Ashley House.

Room Tip: Room number 1 has a very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oldsgm

Reviewed 29 March 2012

My Husband and I stayed here a few weeks back, and it was wonderful. Everything you could want from a bed and breakfast and more. I will definitely be returning next time I'm in that part of the country!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelTravel1988
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Spent last night at the Ashley House. In town for a family event. Felt right at home. Very informal and comfortable. Hung out on the front porch watching the cars drive by on main street. Shared the charming living room - nicely decorated for Christmas - with my cousin and his wife and had a wonderful visit, just like we were at home. Help yourself to coffee and tea and popcorn. Share a common refrigerator and ice machine. The house is furnished with antiques (some are for sale ! You can stay AND shop) and vintage/nostalgic items. Room was very comfy, and quiet. We had a King bed in a charmingly decorated room. Dennis was a genial host in the morning with a hot breakfast in the absolutely adorable dining room. The very best place to stay in Melbourne ! Next visit to town, we would definitely stay again. Thanks, Dennis ! We had a really lovely time, and loved the house.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank abhaya108
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Wonderful place to stay. Very clean and the owner was awesome! Great value for the money. We were there for my brothers wedding with my mom who is almost blind. They were very patient with her. Would stay there again. Breakfast was very good also.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sher7_11
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We were visiting relatives in the area and one of them recommended the Ashley. I'm glad they did. It was a nice place with a very friendly owner. It also saved us a 45 minute drive to nearest town that had a decent motel. Melbourne and the Ashley are not a destination, but if you need a clean and comfortable place to stay when in this area, the Ashley cannot be beat.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank threepdr
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We were in Melbourne, AR. for a celebration of my mom's 90th birthday. My sister, who lives in nearby Sage, AR., recommended the Ashley House B&B. She was right on. The rooms were nice decorated with antiques, and the proprietors were very helpful. Breakfast was great and prepared and served by the owner.

During our stay, three nights, my granddaughters started reading the history of the place and found out that my grand father, their great-great-great grandpa, build the original house. Well this really got them excited and lead to a good history lesson. We will stay there again upon visiting family in the area.

The Mexican restaurant just around the corner on hwy 69 is a good place to eat along with the golf course south of town. Melbourne is in a dry county but the golf course restaurant offered California wines, which made my wife feel right at home.

Room Tip: take a virtural tour before booking a room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank uglyleroy
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My wife grew up in Melbourne, AR. There are only two places to stay in this small but friendly town. When we aren’t staying with family the Ashley House is our choice and we recommend it to anyone visiting the area. We’ve never been disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank SamualClinton

Been to Ashley House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!