“Basic Needs Satisfied”

Ozark Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mena
“Basic Needs Satisfied”
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

The owners were very helpful and pleasant with directions over the phone and checking into the hotel. (Could have done without the husband burping loudly from the other room during check-in. We did catch them in the middle of dinner, however. =) The rate was well matched with the hotel's amenities at $45 + tax. Small dogs are allowed at a fee of $15. The room had the basics covered with the addition of a fridge and coffee maker. The room was clean. There was a long hair in the shower though and, disappointedly, one on a bed pillow. Otherwise, there was a new countertop in the vanity area which was nice. The room would have benefited from a newer TV and new bedspread. Also, the high pet fee seemed unwarranted given the advanced age of the carpet and bedspread. Otherwise, given the economical rate and parking for a truck and long trailer, this was an adequate option in Mena.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Homebody777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Ditto on the two previous reviews. We have to be in Mena for a lengthy job and booked here after reading the reviews. We are very pleased and satisfied. If you are looking for a clean and safe location, this is a good bet. The rooms are small but perfectly adequate particularly if you aren't spending much time there. I particularly enjoy the large fluffy towels. They do their own laundry on site and sheets and towels smell very nice.The young couple that runs the motel is very cordial and accommodating. We haven't tried the pool but it looks clean. We didn't have a problem accessing the WiFi. If you are on a budget (or just want a "best buy") look into the Ozark Inn. We will continue to stay here when we have jobs in this area--they are doing a good job.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank grannygardener
TX
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I travel for a living and average 250 nights a year, a majority in Hilton or Holiday Inn locations. Mena lacks a name brand chain hotel, so I searched Trip Advisor for a suggestion for tonights's stay. The cordial Manager allowed me to examine my room before checking in, and I found it spotlessly clean. That's the most important criteria for me. I have spent $400 a night for hotels in Chicago that were dirty as can be!! Not this one!! Sure this is a basic motel in every sense of the word, but if the room is clean as it can be, that's the most important thing in my mind. It shows that someone took pride in their job! Small independent motel operators have to do the best with what they have, and there's no big corporate budget to work with. These folks are doing a great job and I will stay here from now in when passing through.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Pyro4man83
Carthage, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We've stayed at the Ozark Inn two years in a row during Memorial Day weekend. Both times the rooms were exceptionally clean. It is basic...no frills. The bed was firmer than I like, but my husband thought it was fine. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave TV and WiFi. There was no breakfast, just coffee and donuts in the lobby. The pool was in good condition and very clean. If you want to splurge on a luxurious room with lots of extras, look elsewhere.But if you need a clean, affordable, quiet place to stay, I'd definitely recommend the Ozark Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank janendtx
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Even though advertised as newly renovated, I could not tell. Maybe the renovation was after the tornado in 2008. The WiFi was completely hit and miss, my room was only 100 feet from the office and I never got better than 2 bars on the WiFi indicator and even then could not pull up my email on either my laptop or iPad. The TV is still the old CRT type. The room did appear clean and without odors, the towels were thick and always had a fresh laundry fragrance. There was only two outlets available for use, one with a power strip and the other at the sink area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Stephen W
tn
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Perfect budget motel that is recently renovated. Rooms were fresh and clean. One story motel with parking right in front of the room....great value!11

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This motel is in my hometown. It is a quite old motel that has been renovated into a very nice motel. The rooms are small but very comfortable. The room had a King bed with a small table and two chairs. It is very nice, especially for the price. My only objection is the "prissy pot" commodes that were designed by women for women.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lowerUStraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mena
Janssen Park Place B&B
#2 of 3 in Waldron
No photo provided
Waldron Inn
#3 of 3 in Waldron

Been to Ozark Inn? Share your experiences!