“Bargain rates, nice motel”
Review of Ozark Inn

Ozark Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mena
Reviewed 21 November 2013

As mentioned in other reviews, this place is biker-friendly. Park your bike right outside your door. My room was clean, and met expectations. Best deal in town, from what I could find.
Warning: Mapquest and Google Maps both insist that this address is on the East side of Mena, but it's not. It's on the West side of Mena, just west of Fairgrounds Rd / County Rd 43. (Tell Google your destination is "US-59 S and Fairgrounds Rd, Mena, AR" and it will put you real close. For Mapquest try "US-59 S and County Rd 43, Mena, AR" .) Look for a sign that shouts MOTEL.
Heading back towards town there are lots of choices for eating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This motel is what I expected, but only because I read the reviews here on TripAdvisor.com. I would not have chosen this place based on other factors, and I would have been wrong and ended up spending twice as much money!

One-night stay November 2nd, 2013. I expected to arrive late, so I called early afternoon to make sure they would hold my room until 7:00pm - no problem.
Very clean rooms, very friendly staff.
I had a room with a single king bed.
Included: small fridge, microwave, 30"(?) TV , Coffeemaker, alarm-clock,
High Speed Internet, but you have to ask for the password. It was nowhere to be found in the room.

I would definitely reserve this place again.

Room Tip: Request rooms numbers higher than 117 for less highway noise. Odd numbered rooms are on the east si...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at this motel July 20th & was impressed that the motel was so clean & inexpensive. It was cheaper than listed on the internet. I was excited that the little frig in the room actually had a freezer and it worked! The bathroom drain did not hold water. It's not a fancy place and is older, but it has had a little remodeling and the managers are super accomodating. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary E
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Found this place on our second night out coming home from Taos NM on the Harley! Could NOT have been more pleased!!! Great bed, nice clean bathroom and very nice people! Definitely recommend for an overnighter!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DSRunyan
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We called Ozark Inn to verify availability since we had not had any luck getting a cabin in the mountains for the night. We were told they had rooms and I asked if we could take a look. Yes, we were a bit skeptical since the place is older but when we saw the room we were totally ok with it. After all, I had read all the TripAdvisor reviews and knew that many others recommended it. We were completely surprised to not only get the room cheaper than what was listed on the TripAdvisor app but to have a decent place to stay! It wasn't the Ritz Carlton but neither was the price. The young couple who own the place are really friendly and helpful too. We had a few issues with the bathtub, ie. there was no drain plug to hold the water so taking a bath was out of the question but that's ok...a shower works good for us! The tub had been re-glazed but it was peeling off in many places so it appears to have been re-glazed a long time ago (maybe?) and overall, it was just not very wide. Stretching out very much to take a shower was not an option! We noticed very soon that we could hear every noise from outside our room, so maybe asking for a room at the end, away from the highway and the nearby railroad tracks would be quieter. A very basic and generic place but clean. Clean is ALWAYS good! And sometimes you don't get "clean" in the finest of places! Would I stay here again? Yes! Would I recommend this place? Yes! Even with the few issues it is still a decent place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ACsmartone
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. The owners are delightful people and the motel is a fine basic but clean and well kept motel at a great price. Will stay again our next time through Mena. This motel also has a good location near the entry to Skyline Drive over to the Talihina

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Psychorider
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I must've passed the place a couple of times before actually seeing it. The sign says Motel in large letters but the name of the motel is much smaller. What's more is that Google Maps seems to put the motel in the wrong place. Put these coordinates in the Google Maps search and you should see the building if you zoom in using satellite view: 34.567512,-94.255116.

The motel is all on the ground floor with parking right outside of the rooms. The rooms are clean and simply furnished. Ours had two queen beds, refrigerator & TV, The drain mechanism in our sink was broken but wasn't much of an issue for our one night stay. I notified the front desk. If it's still broken in room 119 then you have big reason to complain. No breakfast but there was coffee. There's a drinks vending machine and a large ice machine with plenty of ice.

While the place had an outdoor pool, it wasn't yet open for the season.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Graeme P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mena
Janssen Park Place B&B
No photo provided
No photo provided
Waldron Inn
#3 of 3 in Waldron
Stonehill Cottages
Stonehill Cottages
#3 of 10 in Mena

Been to Ozark Inn? Share your experiences!