“still living in A Bear's Den”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mena
A Bear's Den B and B
Ranked #2 of 11 Mena B&B and Inns
arkansas
“still living in A Bear's Den”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I've honestly lost count how many times I've stayed at A Bear's Den, but I'm positive that it is into the double digits. When I'm not staying there I'm often stopping by for a visit (and there are still snacks being handed out when I leave!) so it would be impossible for me to give an accurate "stay count".

My opinion hasn't changed since my last review. The cleanliness and loveliness of the place is still top notch. Such a wonderful place of laughter, stories, comfort, and delicious food (I think I had a new french toast recipe on my recent visit..it's a keeper).

With a pending visit in a couple of weeks I will have stayed in all 4 rooms of A Bear's Den. I would have assumed that I would have had a preference for a particular room, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I've enjoyed each of them equally. All are ridiculously clean (excellent housekeeping staff) and relaxing. I'm enjoying the new "chocolate by the bed" policy as well. So much so that I stole some from another room (if you are an upcoming guest in the Big Bear Room I will need to apologize! I'm sure this situation will be remedied since I did fess up while there).

I am really excited about the completion of the screened in patio that should be done when I return. The back of the property is so nice currently that having this option will just add a little more relaxation to an already relaxing place. I'm looking forward to using it.

A great place to consider staying if you travel through Mena. Maybe I'll see you there..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
It is wonderful to have a on going customer send in another great review!! We do appreciate your reviews. Especially, because it reinforces your desire to stay with ABears Den! However, it means a lot to us that we have met your desires for a great stay at our B&B.

Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Edith & Bit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We will be regulars-couldn't have asked for more -loved the people, place & food. Every turn was filled with beauty -every moment was a treasure! I didn't want to leave-one of those rare times you find a true pearl! Can't wait to come back :)

• Stayed October 2012
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
It was so interesting to have your group. I am glad you were able to ride over the mountain, and got to be in-between layers of clouds! LOL We sure look forward to your return visit and hope it will be in the near future.

We are continuing to improve the landscaping for the view from the porch and patio. I am sure you will be very pleasantly surprised with the additions!

Edith, Judy, and Bit
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

My husband & I were vacationing in Mena to spend time with family there. This was our first time in a B & B, and we could not have asked for a better experience! Ms. Edith and Bit were wonderful hostesses, with fresh cookies baked for our arrival, and goodie bags packed for our day trips. We never felt the need to rush out each morning, but enjoyed the leisure of drinking coffee on the back patio and the breakfast each morning was absolutely phenomenal. The home is actually in town, but you would never know it once you arrived as it gives the feel of being away from the hustle and bustle. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
It is very rewarding to have someone stay at ABears Den for their first Bed & Breakfast experience! It is also our goal to make your stay memorable. Lol. The weather WAS really nice and coffee on the patio was very relaxing and peaceful.

We look forward to your return visit to Mena and enjoying more of the fun activities that are on going in this part of Arkansas.

Glad you made it home safely and back into the real world!

ABears Den
Edith & Bit
Cushing, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed for one night while on a motorcycle tour of the area - I wish we had needed to stay longer! This is undoubtedly one of the very best B&B experiences my husband and I have ever had, and we've had a lot of them. Edith welcomed us into her home like family, and truly that is how we felt during our visit. All the comforts of home, with lovely patios for relaxing and a terrific home cooked breakfast. Fresh cookies on arrival and flowers in the room .... she even packed us some cookies to go. We will definitely stay here again if we get back into this area; this is a real gem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for such a great review! ABears Den enjoyed your trip to Mena very much. It was fascinating to hear about your professions and travels to Europe. I look forward to seeing pictures of your trip.

It was so inspiring to see you enjoy your Harley Trike so much! Cleaning every speck of the hills around Mena off before you put Rich Mountain dust all back on going home! Made a great picture! Lol. Love to see you come back, just give us a call or text and we will put it on the calendar.

Edith and Bit
ABears Den
Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Four days at A Bears' Den were relaxing, comfortable, and provided a good base to explore this part of USA. And there was a tornado alert during our stay; it passed within two miles of Mena but Edith, our hostess, took it all in her stride and we rode it through by hiding in the bathroom . To be fair, it is a very substantial house so one doubts we were at any real risk - but it was certainly a memorable experience!
An excellent B & B with a charming and efficient hostess.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
We do thank you for taking time to write ABearsDen a review during your travels to US! We certainly enjoyed your visit and am glad you felt comfortable even in the storm. We have always felt like we were safe but can't say we have been in a direct hit! We are talking to our contractor (our son) about having a safe shelter built and think we have a plan to have one for the next storm season.

And we are planning an exercise pool next too it so, when the storm passes you can work off the tension of being in the safe room . That is not the intension of the exercise pool but it sounds like a good fit, don't you think? Lol

Please come to see us again, and your place on the sea in England, sounds exquisite and would be wonderful to see. Thanks for the invitation!
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed here for two nights and it was awesome! I was looking for a home away from home feel and this was truly the place. This trip was just what the doctor ordered! The front and back yard view is spectacular. I felt like I was part of the family. This was the best get-a-way that I've had in a long time. A Bear's Den gave me an experience that I will never forget. Two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
We appreciate your wonderful review for ABears Den. It is very much our pleasure to be the best that we can in making your trip to Mena a quiet and relaxing place. I am happy that our grounds are looking so good, even after the storms of late. Actually it really looks like a park. Please do come again and let us take care of your needs and for being able to make you to feel special again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

We had such a great time at Abear's Den B &B. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the front porch in the comfortable adirondack rocking chairs, drinking coffee overlooking the beautiful park like grounds-so peaceful! Massages in our room arranged by our wonderful hostess Edith were deliciously relaxing. The breakfasts were sublime. Could not recommend more highly!!!

• Stayed April 2013
bear_mena, Owner at A Bear's Den B and B, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
We have great memories of your visit to ABears Den and now we know you enjoyed your trip so much.

The weather has been wonderful for the Azaleas and Dog Wood trees. We are getting new pictures for the website and trip advisor so be sure and look us up again soon and see the new pictures we put on. We are going to have a fire in the fire place tonight though because the temperature is going to dip down!

Thanks for coming and giving us such a great review! We look forward to your coming in the near future. Bit will be excited too.

Edith
ABears Den B&B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mena
Janssen Park Place B&B
Ozark Inn
Ozark Inn
#3 of 5 in Mena
No photo provided
Southern Nights Motel
Southern Nights Motel
#1 of 3 in Waldron

Been to A Bear's Den B and B? Share your experiences!