“everything we hoped it would be”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Futaleufu
Futaleufu River Bio Bio Expeditions Camp
LaCrosse, WI
“everything we hoped it would be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Beautiful setting!! The camp is unbelievably comfortable and relaxing. The food is authentic and interesting not to mention delicious. Rafting on the Fu is as exilarating as any vacation we have experienced anywhere in the world. The best part of the trip however was the people. Lars has done a fabulous job of getting togethor a group that is professional, fun, and interesting to be around. We would do it again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was one of the most adventurous things I've ever done, and I loved every minute of it! It was a great chance to meet like-minded adventurers in a powerfully beautiful place. The staff and guides were fantastic, the food was abundant and amazing, the facilities were top-notch, and the Futaleufu is like no place else on Earth!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Travelescence
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I had the BEST time exploring the Futaleufu and this special part of Patagonia with the BioBio crew. The accommodations, food, people, and activities were amazing. I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: all of the riverside tents were amazing.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was one of the pretties places I have ever been. The staff and guilds were amazing and very friendly. The safety factor is the best. Not like some of the other south/central america trips. Cookie the chef could compete against any restaurant chef with his limited cooking equipment. One tip is not to try and fly home the same day as the trip ends due to the airports(weather,volcano). There is also alot of side activities for those how don't feel upto rafting. And one of the best parts of the location is that there is no internet or phone service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

It was a long way to travel from our little Island in the Channel Islands, but oh my god was it worth it!! My husband had been rafting before but I hadn't but went along thinking i would just relax whilst he rafted but from the day we arrived I then spent everyday on the river & i had the best time ever. The guides are amazing!! so friendly but yet so very professional when it comes to rafting. The camp we stayed in was brilliant & so are the staff, nothing is too much trouble no matter what you want/need. The food was out of this world & the setting, well that was just breathtaking. To lay in your bed at night & see so many stars in the sky is something i have never experienced in my life & was just amazing & then to wake up & listen to the river running along just outside your room/camp is the best way to start your day. We had such great fun on the river, whether is be with our guide in the rafts or in the ducky's or jumping off high rocks into the river!! For a trip i was a bit nervous about going on, it turned out to be the best holiday i've ever had & I have been on a few in my life. I would recommend to anyone to visit the Futaleufu & the camp as you really will have the time of your life!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Jerseu

White Water - 5 stars.!
Bio Bio Camp - 5 Stars..!!
Bio Bio Staff - 5 stars...!!!
Chile - 5 Stars....!!!!

My wife and I went to Chile this January 2012 and had the best holiday ever - I raft, but my wife doesn't and was not intending to - by the end of the trip she was in the raft, screaming with the rest of us as we hit the best Class 5 rapids its been my privilege to ride. She is now a convert to rafting..!! The camp is superb - based right on the waters edge - clear blue waters - not one sign of polution. The Bio Bio staff are simply the best, looking after every guests need, no matter how big or small - the bar area over-looking the river was used to the max, as was the hot tub..!!

If you want a holiday with a difference, want some adventure, want to meet some new friends and you want to get away from the normal fast hectic pace of modern life, then this is the trip for you.

Enjoy..!!!

Gary & Monique

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Sacramento, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My two friends and I are long time lovers of whitewater rafting. We have had our eyes on the Futaleufu for the past 5 years and this was our year to finally make it happen. I expected a great river but what I got was so much more. Amazing food, a setting that was breathtaking, flush toilets, hot showers, and hot tubs and a sauna. I had to pinch myself. I truly an ruined now from all those river trips that don't have beds and a massage therapist on standby. The blue green color of the river was gorgeous and the waves where huge. Our head guide Stan and his crew expertly guided us down some gnarly white water. Us 3 are all in our 50's and we hung pretty well with the 20 and 30 year olds, even riding the wild "duckies" down the Rio Azul. Bio Bio runs their operation like a big family and now that I have joined them in their Patagonia paradise I truly feel like I have been adopted into the tribe.

Room Tip: get a tent away from the bar and the rooster on the hill for a better nights sleep
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends