The Club House
US$121
  • Pool
Classic Motel(Hamilton)
US$79
Fountain City Motor Inn(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$109
US$103
Agoda.com
US$72
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The Club House is just not another hotel or a guest house, it's more than what I thought. I never met such a wonderful people in my life,. This is my second visit to NZ and I stayed over a week at this house with my family (wife and three kids), frankly my children didn't want to go back, so I made up my decision and now my whole family relocated to Hamilton just because of the experience, environment and the hospitality and the people I met.

We never forget this place and the owners who looked after my children just like their own. I am really glad to found this place during my first visit in 2012 and now my children going to visit them again and again when they are on holiday. I wish them all the best in deed and god bless for their family, business and the future of The Club House. Thanks

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We have been 3 with 2 children and all of us was amazed and found a lot of activities. There wa a nice cat and dog and we have seen how the cows are milked.

We enjoyed a good dinner as well with lot of conversation
I can recommend this home to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed with Desley & Steve on our last night before we flew out of Auckland (at 6.30am) after we had spent the week on a study tour of the North Island farming areas.

After staying in several motels, we just had the best time on our last night.

Fantastic hosts, the best Venison I have tasted in years & home grown veges made for a major treat - even after some fine dining during the week.

Our hosts where warm, welcoming & very entertaining, the beer was cold & the bed was comfy - just like home but I didnt have to wash up!

We were up early & had an easy drive to Auckland airport - See you next time Des & Steve.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Possibly an experience for overseas visitors who live in high density housing to experience rural living. as for the accommodation the photo s on the site do not meet with reality of the facilities, rooms are very sparsely furnished, one bathroom for potentially 8 guests, lack of hot water.
The general cleanliness of the property is lacking in particular the bathroom. Rooms are not made up or attended to during your stay. Sited a spa on arrival, found it broken and dirty.
there is no attention to detail on what could be a great place

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 2 October 2012

6 of us stayed in this house as our first stop around the North Island after Auckland. There are a total of 4 bedrooms and a studio for family. The house is clean and beautifully furnished. When we arrived, we wear treated to some milking by the farm. The dog in the house named Tua is a fantastic guide around the huge place. We also wind down the day at the jacuzzi hot tub.

At night, Steve and Desley whipped up a fantastic dinner consisting of BBQ steaks & sausages, salad and home made apple pie! Steve also shared his hunting experience with us over dinner. Something lacking was that we had to share one common bathroom, and the hot water ran out by the time the 5th person went in.

If you are keen on experiencing a day at the farm, this is an awesome place to visit. If you're looking for somewhere with heaps of activities, this is probably not the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends