“Wish it was my local!”

Dining options: Reservations
East Sussex
“Wish it was my local!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Staying at a B&B just 5-10 mins up the road (Swiss Cottage -separate review written) this seemed like an obvious place for dinner on out 1st night. We were so impressed we went back the following night too. Lovely wholesome, tasty pub grub which suited us down to the ground. I gather the menu remains the same, but I think that leads to good quality food. I could have gone a 3rd night. Between us we had crayfish salad, liver and bacon with mash (Yum! - haven't had that for YEARS!), pork medallions, fish pie and lasagne, sticky toffee pudding and trifle. All cooked well, generous portions and lovely side vegetables. My husband enjoyed the Aspall's local cider.
The evenings were enhanced with the great service of Trudy an Natalie (Mum and daughter). So welcoming. A lovely feel of it being several people's local with chattering and laughter. Dogs allowed, but I feel the policy of not allowing them in the dining area is appropriate.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank boxofchocs

Rayleigh
“Meal for two”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Superb pub food. I had a steak and kidney pudding. My girlfriend had some pork. She really enjoyed it and so did I. Would go again.

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Superb Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Fabulous menu, too difficult to choose, fortunately my husband had the lamb shank which I traded some of my steak & kidney pudding for - both amazing and the vegetables were perfectly cooked. Super range of puddings, great atmosphere and very friendly staff.

• Visited February 2014
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food was good wholesome home cooking - nothing fancy, but all very good. The toilet facilities would benefit from a makeover.

• Visited January 2014
bedfordshire
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a lovely little pub.
The staff were really friendly and the food was excellent in quantity and quality.
Try the crayfish salad yummy.
My husband had pork medallions and they were lovely.
A perfect anniversary meal, thank you to the staff.

Visited October 2013