“The best place in Canterbury” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silverstream Lodge

Silverstream Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Christchurch, New Zealand
“The best place in Canterbury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

If you are looking for a place where you can relax and unwind, then this is the place to go. With a country flair and beautiful surrounds, we really enjoyed the peace and quiet especially after the devastating earthquake. Cathy and Grant are awesome hosts, and will ensure that you will have everything and anything that your heart desires. Many thanks for the very exquiste birthday cake, delicious roast food, and warm and spacious room. Thanks to Grant, our car even got a wash and polish. Many thanks once again, as a couple we would highly recommend this establishment to even the fussiest person.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

Silverstream Lodge is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. From the moment we arrived we were all made to feel extremely welcome - we were shown around the beautiful house and given the option of which room to stay in. The choice was difficult as they are all beautiful with fantastic outlooks. Kathy and Grant are fantastic hosts and within minutesit felt as though we were staying with friends rather than strangers. Their animals (3 dogs, 1 enormous cat, countless chickens, some peacocks, turkeys and swans) also enhanced the stay. I would recommend Silverstream to anyone, young or old wishing to experience genuine Kiwi hospitality coupled with luxurious accommodation.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

I don’t know how to start and explain to let everyone understand about Silverstream Lodge by words. I think to myself as I visited my relative. We , my friend (Lek) & I from Thailand, came to Lincoln Christchurch in order to take my son(12) to home stay . My mission concentrated only him also concern with Lincoln high school in consequence I didn’t care and worry about my accommodation so I chose the place to stay(17-26 Jul 2010) because of closing my son’ home stay. Afterward, I am very lucky to select here.

When I arrived at first night, the Lodge had a big dinner party approximate 20 but unbelievingly I hardly heard it very quiet. It is impossible to escape problem, when you have to be a stranger so a lot of problems encounter all the time especially I am weak in English language. Fortunately ,I stay here my hosts : Kathy , She help me like as Sister Bertrille-Classic TV show “The Flying Nun”, She could solve any problem conjure away by her ability for instance –I forgot my cellphone at Thai food Restaurant- resolve charging over booking air flight online when the error from agency –problem about my car hire when I change my schedule but not tell them-she appointed my son’ neighbor kiwi friend to dinner and giving Lincoln high school interesting information etc.

We conclude that If you decide to choose Silver Stream Lodge You ‘re not only find the beautiful place and delicious foods, jogging around fresh air. but also the beautiful people-Grant and Kathy Gillantt are very nice and kindness couple like almost people in Zealand.

Chai
Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
new zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

This is a lovely place to stay. I travel a lot for business and this is by far the nicest and most comfortable place I have stayed in for a very very long time.

The bed was so comfortable, the linen was perfect, the ensuite bathroom was super clean, really comfortable and functional. The hosts are lovely friendly people who are genuinely helpful. Great TV and very high quality Tivoli radio in the room.

Breakfast and the evening meal were delicious, its far too much food but hard to stop eating. I have special dietary requirements that they met without a fuss, and still made delicious meals.

The grounds are spacious and pretty. There was nothing to find fault with in this accomodation.

I was travelling with my wee dog, and they even went the extra mile to make him comfortable too. This is a truly nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travellerX44
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

This lodge and setting is like no other .It has a setting that makes you just stare in wonder, with swans, lake and a stream. The new architectually designed lodge has a European style with a gracious spiral staircase . Bedrooms are private and at the very top standard. Dinner was superb, better than many top restaurants around the world we have been too. Very good value for money and the hosts were so helpfull. PS. the small garden and lawn beside the lodge is a dream setting, I wish we got married there, but had our 28th wedding anniversary instead . Thank you Kathy and Grant.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

A gracious Lodge in very peaceful relaxing surroundings in a park like setting and rose garden. Wonderfully caring hosts and excellent hospitality and kindness. Kathy and Grant go the extra mile to make guests feel special and very welcome with their three delightful Staffordshire Boxer dogs, wandering peacocks and gracious swans.
A "Home away from Home"-I always look forward to my return to Christchurch .
Dorothy
(Tauranga)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LincolnKatie, Owner at Silverstream Lodge, responded to this review, 18 May 2010
Thank you Dorothy for your kind review. We just wanted to reassure non-dog lovers that the dogs have highly developed intuition and know instinctively if our guests are dog lovers or prefer they kept their distance. The lodge is set up for the comfort and privacy of guests and this includes animal interaction. A little to our surprise guests have been only too keen to meet the fur family as they are clearly missing their own four legged friends from home. And being the keen ambassadors the breed is known to be, they happily oblige. Kind regards Grant and Kathy
Warminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

Unfortunately we'd only planned one night at Silverstream Lodge, we wish it had been longer. We kayaked along the river running alongside the house (kayak's provided free of charge by Kathy and Grant our hosts). we bbq'd in their wonderful gardens (on their BBQ), our hosts providing freshly dug potatoes from their garden. Peacocks, swans and ducks entertained us in the sunshine as we ate. it was truely bliss after a long drive and a busy day sight seeing. Christchurch is not far away. We literally had to force ourselves to keep to our itinery and move on the next morning; it would have been so easy to have stayed for a few more days. The house is wonderful, very well laid out, large, beautifully styled and decorated bedrooms. And, lovely showers....... Kathy and Grant are great hosts, they couldn't have made us any more welcome. We will definitely return. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Heritage Christchurch
#22 of 139 in Christchurch
Country Lane Gardens B&B
Country Lane Gardens B&B
#1 of 1 in Leeston

Been to Silverstream Lodge? Share your experiences!