“Love me some Hampton!!!”

Hampton Inn Mountain Home
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Got to stay at Hampton in Mountain View Arkansas this weekend! It was, as most Hampton's... AWESOME! The front desk staff were fabulous. The rooms were great! The only problem is FINDING it... my GPS took me right by there 4 times... but I couldn't find it cause I was looking for a BIG sign! No tall sign... but find it anyway... it will be well worth it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Mountain Home

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The room had extra amenities such as a microwave and refrigerator which was helpful and was relatively quiet. The complimentary breakfast to go was a great benefit that helped me save time and the morning staff was very welcoming. I felt valued and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed here multiple times each year since the hotel opened. I was as loyal as they come, both to that specfic hotel and to HHonors in general (I was a Platinum member last year, and would have been this year if not for the truly shoddy service from HHonors during all of this). All of my previous stays here have been great, but this most recent stay left me wondering if I will return.

There were two main issues - lost points for the stay due to a miscoding of the room rate and a mystery $50 charge that no one could explain. I don't know if the charge was supposed to be a hold for possible incidentals that somehow got turned into an actual charge or whether an overzealous desk clerk felt compelled to charge us for my wife's service animal when she saw me walking it one afternoon. Regardless, it took over five weeks and multiple emails and phone calls with the hotel and HHonors to get the money debited back to my account.

The issue of the missing points, we figured out, was due to a miscoded room rate. Despite being told this, too, would be resolved quickly, the points for the stay (from February 2014) still have not been deposited into my HHonors account. Looks like I get to call or email them again. I used to think Verizon Wireless had the worst customer service in the world; HHonors has taken the title, as far as I am concerned.

I do want to point out that Debra, the hotel manager with whom I spoke a few times as we tried to get these issues resolved, did all that she could to figure out what happened and why. She was very friendly, even as I got quite irritated at the lack of a timely resolution, and a true professional. Kudos to her.

Even with her relative helpfulness, however, I have serious reservations about staying here again, and frankly, I don't know that I want to stay at any Hilton property anytime soon. Too much aggravation and time lost trying to resolve what should have been simple problems.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith M
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was a regular customer who stayed here dozens of times a year. Low level conversations can be heard clearly through thin walls. Rooms are decent but not always clean. I have found items like wet underwear in the floor upon entering. Internet works but slowly. The breakfast is eatable but better off going to McDonalds if hungry. These things were easily overlooked during the period when the hotels owner agreed to always accept government rate for all vacant rooms. Gov rate is about what the room is worth, anyway. The owner personally assured me and others that they would always welcome government rate even if management had to override. That has been the case for several years. Something changed and I was informed by management that even though they had vacant rooms- they would reject my government rate reservation because the vacant rooms had 2 beds instead of 1. I was informed that the owners previous commitment was invalidated by a new Hampton Inn computer system and hotel policy (Nov 2013) that could not be changed by anyone including the owner. Funny - because the Hampton Inn’s in Harrison, AR, Branson, MO, and others still honor their commitment - even if it requires an override by manager. Gov rate or full price – Better off to just keep on trucking to Harrison or Branson for better Hampton hotel, breakfast, service, and experience. If stuck in Mt. Home, go across Hwy 62 to the #1 rated Comfort Inn- It’s really nice and always welcomed there!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kenrodless
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Staff was friendly and cooperative. There was an issue with the phone and they tried multiple solutions to make sure that I was able to communicate with people outside the hotel. The internet connection was a bit slow, but there wasn't much they could do about that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

A quick trip to Mountain Home and we needed a place to lay our heads. Bed comfortable. Shower warm.
Clean.
Loved that there were "forgotten items" available at the desk.
Check in and out were easy.
Wish more good places would deliver to site. We did have to eat out during a rainstorm.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have to travel to this area often for work and this hampton inn has become my home away from home. The selection in Mountain Home is limited but even still this location goes out of their way to make you feel like a part of their family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
#2 of 16 in Mountain Home
Fishuntime Resort
Fishuntime Resort
#1 of 1 in Oakland

Been to Hampton Inn Mountain Home? Share your experiences!