“Great Fishing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blackburns Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Blackburns Resort
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Belleville, Illinois
“Great Fishing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Enjoyed four great days on Lake Norfolk at Blackburns. Steve and Debbie were great hosts. Blackburns is a clean well run resort with helpful tips on catching some great fish. This was my sixth trip in the last couple of years and I've never been disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
pocahontas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have stayed here many times through the years and see the constant improvements made by the owners of Blackburns Resort. I don't know where I could go to find a more secluded place to stay, relax, and fish for a very reasonable price. It's close to town if I need anything. They are always very helpfull for fish locations and type of fish. If I have any questions or concerns, they are always thoughtful to take care of them. I would highly recomend for anyone who wants to experience the Norfork lake area, to stay at Blackburns Resort!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Munford, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I reserved a cabin at Blackburn's for a week in July and paid the $150.00 deposit. But because of family problems I could not make the trip and informed the Blackburn's 3 weeks in advance and asked for my deposit back. The lady told me that if she could rent the cabin then it would not be a problem. I called the week of my reservation and she had rented the cabin with no problem, but has refused to give me my deposit back!! Am very unhappy with this type of business dealings and do not reccomend you stay at this resort!!
Gill

Room Tip: I can not say how anything else was at this resort but just not happy with the way i was treated. I...
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Gill R
lampe mo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Just had a family reuion there rented sevearal cabins( SPENT A FORTUNE), I was really looking forward to this trip after looking at their web site, all I can say is (FALSE ADVERTISMENT) THE REC ROOM IS NOTHING LIKE THE WEB SITE. NOR THE LAUNDRY ROOM YOU COULDNT PAY ME TO WASH MY CLOTHS THERE. we rented 4 boates one of them didnt make it out of the cove and the one I was on I was scared to death we wouldnt make it back. When I mentioned this to the office clerk she just he hawed arouned never ofered us a discount or anything. Unless all you plan on doing is laying poll side DONT GO HERE. you can rent a room at the norht folk inn for a lot less. With friendlier service and you dont have to pay $7:00 for every guest who comes and visits. THIS PLACE SUCKS

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank harlie o
Wesley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Do not stay here it is aweful the ownership is rude and disprespectful!!! The place was probably built in the 70's and the hidebeds have been chewed up by mice. I was looking under one of the couches for a pair of sissors I lost and they have not pulled out the couches and swept under them in years it was so unclean and nasty. In the bathroom they had a rag poked in a hole where the mice had been coming in. They are very rarely in the office if you need anything and when you do ask for something they are rude.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank LFerguson579
granby mo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

DONT STAY HERE! The management, man and woman are rude, the cabins are filthy, we actually had flood water coming up thru the floor and the woman told me to put towels down, that they are old cabins! What, they why are you charging me $110/night. Rented a boat and it broke down, then they wouldn't even give a partial refund. The cabin was moldy smelling, bugs, the AC didn't work, we left a day early because it was so bad. They are money hunger and don't care if you are not happy. Horrible place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank kphllips
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

my friends and i had a wonderful time at blackburns it was a trip of a lifetime! i would go back in a hart beat and will i just planned a trip for the end of jan! thanks for such an amazing trip!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple