“Beyond exceptional hospitality!Beautiful and relaxing cabins!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Mockingbird Bay Resort
North Reading, Massachusetts
“Beyond exceptional hospitality!Beautiful and relaxing cabins!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This place is by far one of the best place I've stayed in all of my traveling (which is a lot) owners Frank and Loretta were very accommodating And knew the real meaning of Arkansas hospitality. Upon arrival they greeted us and gave us a tour of the place to ensure we would be satisfied . This place thinks of there guest 100% they even are pet friendly! They let us bring along our 4 legged fur baby!! (Because even dogs need vacations) they offer a place for you to grill your own food out doors (and even sell amazing steaks at the office,from a LOCAL farmer so you don't have to run back to town) they went way above and beyond and offered us a pizza from their own cabinet for us to cook in our cabin for dinner! The next morning we took their boat out for a drive and the puppy went swimming! I wish I would have know how nice and accommodating this place was going to be ahead of time because I would have booked it for longer and brought some friends and s'mores stuff (did I mention they have a playground for kids and a beautiful outdoor fire pit?!?) Definitely gets and A+ by my standards and would recommendit to anyone looking for a nice relaxing place to get away to check it out! Well worth the price and definitely an amazing experience!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank dusty l

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Where else in this country can you go where the shorelines remind you of being in Canada(without going through customs) and you are fighting fish that were bred to survive in the ocean? Yes, these fish hit like freight trains and you better be ready for the fight of your life!

I went to Mockingbird Resort for a work trip with some of the best fisherman in the business and we were all amazed by the fisheree that Norfork Lake has to offer. The Striper fishing was out of this world offering up stripers tipping the scales around 30 lb, the Crappie and Bass fishing can be lights out, and if you need a guide, there are excellent, knowledgeable guides Frank and Loretta would be happy to set up for you to make your day that much more enjoyable! There was not a day that I counted more than 5 boats, probably reason being that this lake is 22,000 acres of surface water and over 550 miles of undeveloped shoreline, this lake offers serenity!

Talking about serenity and a place to recharge your batteries, look no further than Mockingbird Resort! It is a quint little resort where you matter! you come in as strangers, and you leave as Friends!! Frank and Loretta know what it is to work for what you have! They are there to entertain you when you want to be entertained but slip off to give you privacy when you would just like to take it all in! Frank was telling me the first cabins were built in the 1950's and I promise you would never know that by looking at them! This place was immaculate and cabins were updated to make it a place I would like to take my family back to and spend some time in the future.

If fishing is not your idea of a vacation, take a boat ride, go skiing, tubing, what ever your fancy, but make sure you enjoy some time on the water because it is beautiful!! If you do not own a boat, well you are in luck, there are a few marinas around the lake where you can rent boats and still be able to just get away and relax!

Thank you Frank and Loretta!!! You have a Class A operation there and I look forward to seeing you when I come back in the near future!!

Pat Kalmerton

Room Tip: does not matter, They are all great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Pat K
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Mockingbird Bay Resort never let's us down. It's cabins are clean and well equipped, and the owners treat us like family. We've been coming here 10 years now and hopefully will be coming for many more. Our daughter and her family have started coming and even though she and the kids don't fish, they love it here. Lots for them to do.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane4Pat
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

As a trip leader for the Ouachita Mountain Hikers (Hot Springs), I needed new trails after ice storms damaged everthing over in western Arkansas and Oklahoma. A few moments on the internet and Mockingbird Bay Resort popped up as a place to stay. What luck, and a drive-by of another so-called "5-star" recommend proved we were in the best digs. We were well and comfortably lodged in the big Lake House...five of us. Frank and Loretta offered advice and guidance on everything from trails to dining. We were soon trekking the entire length of David's Trail, Robinson Point Trail and the Lake Norfork Trail...24 miles in all. A great three days and total agreement that we will not only be back, but will bring more of our members. Rick Ericson

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rick E
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Mockingbird Bay Resort is a great resort of great quality and character. The owners are a super nice couple. Everything is clean, homey and very relaxing and the cabins offer modern amenities (like Wifi and satellite). Although this place hits full potential in spring and summer months, it is still a great family getaway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MaurerJohn
Centerton, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Mockingbird Bay Resort is THE best place to stay on Norfork Lake. Very clean and cozy cabins, a 30 second drive from the lake with a brand new boat dock, and incredibly helpful owners. They did everything and more in preparing the grounds for my wedding to make the day truly beautiful. Best hotel/resort I have ever been to! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Ljohnston08
U
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is such a peaceful, beautiful place. We were here Nov 1-4 this last time. The trees were beautiful and the lodging was wonderful. My husband and another couple had the 3 bedroom log cabin with a beautiful view of the lake. It took me back to a time when my parents had a place on another Arkansas lake. We would go to the lodge & eat breakfast while looking out over the lake. I loved it!!!! The owners, Frank & Loretta, are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. They always make you feel comfortable and "at home". We had our boat with us, so it was so nice to have access to their fantastic dock & a locker to keep our fishing equipment. Thank you so much for a fun & relaxing weekend & hope to be back for a longer stay next time. Dale & Zita Wallace

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family