“Feels Like Family”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Rocking Chair Resort
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
“Feels Like Family”
Reviewed 15 June 2004

My late husband has been visiting this resort for many years befor we got together 11 yrs ago, He truly loved it. As did I when he took me down there for the first time We went back at least once a year up to 3/4 times a year. We took the kids down there, then the grandbabies. Until he became sick we always dreamt of what it would be like to spenf the Christmas holidays down in one of their cabins and have the families come down. Now that I am alone I feel absolutely safe, welcomed going down there by myself.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 1 April 2004

We have been going to the Rocking Chair for 13 years and would not go anywhere else. It is a great family vacation spot. My kids look forward to going every year!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2003

My family and I recently returned from an extended trip to the Ozarks. I can truly say that this was one of the best trips we have taken together. We rented a cabin for a week and took all of our children and grandchildren. The weather was mild, the country beautiful, and the "resort" quaint and entertaining. The boys, son in laws, fished for trout to their heart's content. The ladies shopped and visited local tourist areas, and I sat on the back deck and watched the lake for hours at a time. At night we had camp fires, enjoyed marvelous skies, and talked in to the wee hours. The resort was straight out of the 1950's. And it needs to stay that way. Great people in Arkansas. We will go back again. June and Ward are still alive in Arkansas, and I am not sure that Elvis wasn't cooking burgers at the local diner. A great family time that I wouldn't trade for.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member