“Great place to rest your head”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Reviewed 7 May 2014

In spite of the frequent tornado warnings, :-O my stay of 4 nights was restful. The staff is so helpful, especially Karen at the front desk who helped me when I couldn't find my wallet. The rooms are comfortable, the temp is easy to control, breakfast is tasty, there is a fitness room and outdoor pool. There is a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in room and hot coffee was available in breakfast room each time I needed some at non-breakfast hours. Harp's, a regional grocery store, is across the street and a Sonic, MCD's, and Mexican Restaurant are all close. This is my second stay here. (Family is close by.) Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 3elizabethb

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stay in the area a lot and this is a great spot to land. The breakfast is always tasty and fresh. The rooms are nice, clean, with a great T.V. Internet is fast and reliable. Rooms are remarkably quiet even when occupancy is high and a lot of traffic in hotel. Both the staff and manager are always very accommodating and eager to serve their customers. I have never been turned down for Gov-Rate at this hotel even if manager had to intervene on my behalf and actually manage the hotel. The same people own the hotel next door (Hampton Inn) but apparently do not share the management/customer philosophy. If the Holiday Inn is booked, keep on trucking to Harrison or Branson …or go across Hwy 62 to Comfort Inn where Gov- rate is also always welcomed and staff also appreciates their regular customers like this Holiday Inn does.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel staff were friendly and informative. We checked in on 3/7/14 and I requested a room on the bottom floor and the lady checked and moved us to a bottom floor. The hotel lobby was clean and the dining area was clean and stocked well. Our room was much better than expected. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was very good. They had a good selection of hot and cold food. They put out cookies in the dining area in the afternoon and have beverages available. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends or family. Ron M.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 876ronm
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was my 2nd stay and I was just as satisfied as before. The front desk was helpful and responsive, the room was very clean, and best of all... quiet! The inn itself is nicely appointed and the breakfast area is really spacious with a large TV and seating area. The business center seemed a bit cozy (I didn't use it) but the fitness room was very nice ( which I did use). This is one of the newer inns and is located very near restaurants and local stores.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel staff were perfectly fine as was the breakfast and the room but that is also the point. The room itself was old and for the regular cost I would have been unhappy with paying regular price, I was lucky as my sister was able to provide us with a discount because of her job at another hotel. It was in the center of the town on the way to another destination, I think the room rate should be no more then $70 a night for what you get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Pat B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. We apologize you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you had. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We arrived late on Saturday, November 30th, tired, hungry and no reservation. The Front Desk Clerk was friendly and quickly checked us into our room. When asked, she suggested several restaurants to try and included directions as well as helping us sort out our rewards cards.The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

You would think in a college town this size, a business hotel would have excellent modern amenities. I imagine visiting lecturers, faculty, prospective students and their parents staying here and getting the impression that they were in hicksville, not a town with a fine modern university. The business center was awful and the management doesn't get it. Don't stay here for business. Ancient office equipment made the simplest printing tasks very arduous. While the staff was kind enough to let me use their office equipment, it was not much better than what the guests have to use. How can they stay relevant and be efficient?

I wouldn't recommend this for business stay overs or if you might need to even print a boarding pass. It would be too risky.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank UnBuenTipo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear UnBuenTipo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you find our staff kind and apologize for the shortcomings our business center may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

The River Rock Hotel
The River Rock Hotel
#2 of 16 in Mountain Home
Norfork Lake Ozark Mountain Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home? Share your experiences!