“Small child safety concern!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The second floor balcony railing is spaced very far apart. I was terrified every time we stepped out of the room with our 2 year old. It would have been very easy for her to have fallen. I really hope that something is done about this before a child falls!

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My mom and I had a horrible experience here. We didn't expect first class based on the type of motel and the pricing but the worst part about it was the owner/inn keeper. The morning we were checking out we had to be somewhere early so we left the motel for a while, when our schedule was pushed back a little I called the front office to see if we could request a check out 1 hour later than what they publish as check-out time. The inn keeper started yelling at me, would not even listen to what I had to say, he was extremely rude and unprofessional saying no that is impossible, etc. I have stayed in many hotels/motels/accommodations and used to live in hotels as part of my job and I have NEVER dealt with someone who acted in this manner. I ended up hanging up on him because of his demeanor and how loud he was yelling at me. They also advertise that they have a pool, which they do, but it has no water in it. The only part that has water is a disgusting former hot tub that has stagnant water in it that the frogs have made their home and speaking of frogs you will hear their mating calls all night, even over the noise of the mediocre air conditioning units. We attempted to take advantage of the free coffee in the morning but after 20 minutes of waiting for it to brew gave up. Most everything in our room was broken, incomplete or had cigarette burns on it. Bad enough, but with the inn keeper's behavior, stay far, far from this place.

Room Tip: Go to the Days Inn or Ramada, cost a little more but so worth it compared to this place.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 605jennyl
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We called about a cracked toilet seat and it was replaced in about 15 minutes. At check in they advised us they had checked the room and the microwave had gone out. They were out buying a new one and that it would be in the room within an hour (delivered in 30 minutes) . Yes it is an older place, but friends that stayed at the ritzy places had a lot more bad experiences than we did as there were NO kids running down halls screaming etc. Carpet was warn in the most used place in front on the vanity but it was as clean as possible. Mattress were in excellent shape with new linen For the price it probably can't be beat in Mountain Home. Friends at the class reunion we were at ended up staying there and liked it better than the high end place across the street they had stayed at the night before for double the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Bud T
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Probably the least expensive motel in the Mountain Home area. My room had a refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, ironing board and a very quiet A/C. Some who rate this motel were expecting the Waldorf Astoria for $40.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank FalconF16
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Cheap price and you get what you pay for! First room had a bunch of spiders in it that had built webs, so we requested a different room and the second room smelled like poop (to put it nicely) and someone had left a giant dump in the toilet and the whole bathroom was nasty!! Third room was okay but had smaller beds and no fridge so it was a downgrade but they didn't take any cost off the room!! I will never let anyone stay here unless I hate them

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

For the price you can't beat it $45 for a room science lady sings is pretty plain there are no bugs at the moment you got some flaws because of the age but that's expected I'll check in later the guy at the front desk was extremely nice if you have a budget go here not super 8

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ron F
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Inn keeper was defensive when approached with the fact that there were fresh love marks on the blanket. They came and changed only the nasty blanket. At 10:30 the air conditioning stopped working and we were moved to another room. The next morning we discovered a hole in the wall patched with masking tape with vulgar graffiti written on it above the sink.

At check out I pointed out all of the problems to the owner. He made excuses but when I demanded a refund he finally, although hesitantly, refunded our money. Never again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 16 in Mountain Home
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge

Address: 963 Highway 62 E, Mountain Home, AR 72653-3213 (Formerly Twin Lakes Leisure Inn)
Region: United States > Arkansas > Mountain Home
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Price Range: £33 - £43 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mountain Home Best Western