“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been returning to this Ramada Inn location since I was a child. I was curious to be back this summer, since it had been a few years. I was pleasantly surprised! While the hotel is an older one, it has been very well maintained. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Having the restaurant on site, is an added bonus, as you do not have to leave for meals. The rooms are clean and comfy. I definitely plan to continue to stay at this location on my future trips as well.

Room Tip: They have both options-some rooms have exterior doors and others have interior doors. I would recomm...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Elaine P, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Mountain Home, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Ramada. We appreciate your review on our property and staff. We are in the process of remodeling, so the next time you stay it should be even better. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Revised Review - Stayed one night - checked in at 10:00 p.m. noticed candy wrappers on the floor. We decided to just go to bed. Beds were uncomfortable. While getting ready for shower the next morning we noticed shampoo and hair from the previous occupant. Very gross! Checked out immediately (without shower). Notified front desk during check out. She apologized, handed me my bill and told me to have a nice day. The manager of the hotel contacted me after my original trip advisor and Ramada review and offered 30% discount, apologized for our experience. While I would not visit this hotel again nor would I recommend it, I was please by the acknowledgement of our issues and discount.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rahul1177, Manager at Ramada Mountain Home, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for expressing your comments due to your stay. I'm sorry your experience with us was not satisfactory. When you noticed the room was unpleasant, it is always a good to notify the front desk right away and address the issue, so that it can be taken care off on the spot. We have someone 24hrs to take care of you while you’re with us. I would have liked the opportunity to resolve your situation had I been aware upon check-in and I’m positive you’re experience with us would have been different. Please do come visit us again and give us another try the next time you are in Mountain Home.

Travellers are raving about these Mountain Home hotels

Doniphan, Missouri
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express but decided to do a quick online hotel search to find a functional pool and comparable rates. After several calls, Ramada quoted us a double room for $72 with indoor pool whereas Holiday offered a rate of $95 so we opted to "save some cash" and go with Ramada. This was a mistake.

When checking in, we paid well over $125 PLUS an additional $20 deposit for "incidents". The remote to the television was missing its back and would not work, even after a trip to the desk for battery replacement. The channel list included kid's networks but we found none and few other channels worked. Hot water was nearly non-existent in the sink even after running water for five minutes; thankfully the shower provided hot water with the faucet on all the way. The internet connection was weak, two to three bars, even though we were near the front of the hotel. No one told us the continental breakfast would begin at 6 am so we missed out on that as well.

Housekeepers began knocking at 10:30 am and had knocked three times before we checked out at 11:00 am which I found to be rude and excessive since we received two calls back to back from the front desk at 10 am, asking if we planned to check out at 11 am. After checking out, we had to sit and wait for housekeepers to 'check the room' before getting the $20 deposit back.

The beds were comfortable and the fridge, microwave and coffee pot all functioned properly. The air conditioning was more than adequate so the humidity of the pool did not affect our stay. Would I stay at the Ramada in Mountain Home again or recommend to friends? No, not without reimbursement for the additional charges they stuck me with. I like to know the prices up front and I don't appreciate extra being added to the tab.

Room Tip: Print a copy of any online deals so your charges match the advertised rates. We stayed on the second...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Elaine P, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Mountain Home, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Ramada. After reviewing your reservation, we found the reason for the price difference was do to more people than what our rooms accommodate, therefore there is an extra charge for the extra persons.Since you paid in cash this would have been explained. We are in the process of changing our Cable provider and channels and have not gotten all kinks out of the system. It is a work in progress. As for the maids coming to your door we have a policy of not knocking till right before 11am. If this happened we were not aware of their actions When our guest check in we try to explain when and where our new breakfast room is located. Many wish to just sleep though the breakfast hours. We are sorry you did not have a pleasant experience with us. This sort of thing does not ususally happen here. Hopefully you will give us another try. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain Home
The River Rock Hotel
The River Rock Hotel
#2 of 16 in Mountain Home
Norfork Lake Ozark Mountain Lodge

Been to Ramada Mountain Home? Share your experiences!