Super 8 Mountain Home
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Mountain Home)
Comfort Inn(Mountain Home)
Very Good 4/5
The River Rock Hotel(Mountain Home)
  • Pool
Blackburns Resort(Mountain Home)
Very Good 4/5
Ramada Mountain Home(Mountain Home)
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The room smelt terrible, we lost power while I was in the shower, the tv didn't work for the first two days. They do not clean the rooms unless you request it in the morning, then all they did was change the towels. We monitored the soap stains on the sink and the ring marks on the table, they were never cleaned while we were there and the carpet was only cleaned once out of the 6 days we were there. We would have checked out earlier but this a July 4th week and most places were booked. The bathroom light went out during the night and it was not repaired until late afternoon. Then on the last night we stayed we came in and not only was the room not clean but we had no bathroom linen, then the toilet didn't flush, then the straw that finally broke the camels back was I found bed bugs in my bed. My wife had been coming up with 2-3 bites a day but we thought they were chigger bites. We checked out at 10:45pm that same night with no idea where I was going to find a place to stay. When I told the manager that we have a big problem and showed him the bugs he didn't appear to be concerned and said he will call some one out tomorrow, there's nothing that he can do about them tonight. Plus he was Indian and we had a hard time communicating with each other.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all cost, if one room has these bugs you can be sure there in all. We found Ramada down the street for just a little more $. Bed bugs are extremely hard to get rid of it's just not worth the risk and they made my wife's vacation miserable for her.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lambinator
Sam P, Owner at Super 8 Mountain Home, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your comments and concerns. We appreciate your stay with us, but we are sorry your stay was not a good one. The Arkansas Health Department came today, per your call and he inspected the hotel and more importantly, the room you stayed in. His report stated, " Did not see any evidence of bed bugs in the room or the beds."
We apologize for any convenience this may have caused you.

Sam

Reviewed 19 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Sam P, Manager at Super 8 Mountain Home, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Rude is the best one word description for the atmosphere of this hotel. Ive stayed at other super 8 hotels and never had such a bad experience. Our experience was so bad , we went out of our way to contact Super 8 intl. And the local chamber of commerce.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business, and for posting your comments.
We are sorry you did not have a good stay and we will work harder at improving the items you mentioned.

We apologize for your inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you again for your stay.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed here several times over the years.
It is one of the better Super 8 Motels that i have stayed at.
The Rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable. The Bathrooms are clean with plenty of clean towels.
The Breakfast okay, about what i expect from a Motel priced at under $55.00 per night.

Room Tip: I have have stayed in many different rooms at this location and all are good rooms. I like the second floors rooms more.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MANYTRAVELS2014

We thank you for your comments and appreciate your business. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will work hard to improve the breakfast and overall experience.

Thank you again for picking Super 8 of Mountain Home, AR

Reviewed 9 March 2014

When we first got there, we were greeted by a voice over an intercom saying he was on his way, then a man appeared from a cluttered back room. He put us in a king-bed smoking room that smelled like a wet ash-tray (we are non-smokers). We immediately turned around and requested to be switched to a non-smoking room and had to take a queen-bed as a result. The hotel is split almost 50/50 between smoking and non, so you can smell the old smoke when you walk down the hallway to get to your room (the smoking half are closest to the check-in counter). The room was fine (read as acceptable) even though one of the lamps was plugged into an outlet that didn't work, the phone didn't work, and the smoke detector battery was disconnected. There was a microwave and mini-fridge (no coffee pot) in the room that were sitting on top of a towel, giving the impression that it had defrosted and leaked in the past. The bathroom was less ok because the bathtub looked like someone had started a remodel job and not fully finished. The bed was made, but the pillows were extremely flat and I did discover some small bit of crust on the comforter that I preferred not to overthink. I went to the front counter to request 2 extra pillows. Upon the request, the man mumbled something about getting them from storage, then mumbled something that wasn't in English, and asked what room to bring them to. We never received the extra pillows. In the morning, my wife and I took a lazy morning and slept in then went down for breakfast. Breakfast was present, but don't be over-sold by grand promises of waffles and coffee. There were egg-o waffles and a toaster, bagels, bread, 2 cereals, milk, coffee, and some assorted condiments. We took our food back to the room and started our lazy preparations for checkout. At 10:00AM (was actually 11:00AM because we forgot to adjust for daylight savings that night, our bad on that) the front counter man starts pounding on the door repeatedly. I was in the shower at the time, but he tried to come in while my wife was getting dressed (thank you little chain) and yelled at her that we were past checkout time and we needed to get out and take our cards to the front counter. Again, our bad for the time change mistake, but that is uncalled for. We expeditiously packed our things and were out by 11:10. We left without a word, dropping our keys off at the front counter. I will never stay at this super 8 again, which is tough luck for them because I stay in Mountain Home at least once a month. I will strongly recommend to anyone staying in the area to avoid this motel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grim31

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and apologize you did not enjoy the stay with us.