This is long overdue, from our trip JUN 2013! This was our first trip to St. Kitts/ Nevis and we absolutely loved our vacation at Nisbet! The hotel was clean, and private, and the views were breath-taking- everything exceeded our expectations.
We flew into St. Kitts, then taxi drive and water taxi to Nevis, then taxi to Nisbet. And yes, I agree with others that while this is VERY well organized, it is long (about an hour or so). If you can fly direct to Nevis, do it! I will say though that the water taxi was a great way to see the island, and the Nisbet staff were very helpful in answering questions about island.
Check in was very fast and easy- we were the only ones checking in and it seems as if the entire hotel staff knew our names before we even got there. We just sat down at the desk, enjoyed some punch and seemed to immediately have our room key. Our room was on the bottom floor, near the ocean. Loved having our own porch, and the louvered windows were great to hear the outside, it was almost like getting to shower outdoors... and the AC was fantastic! I was surprised how roomy the cottages were, and housekeeping was excellent as well.
The beach was stunning- the Atlantic Ocean was not too wavy, and the water was so clear. The pool and hot tub were fine, but we never left the beach. ;)
Food was also outstanding, way better than a lot of meals we have gotten in cities and high class resorts. Loved the outdoor breakfast, the causal beach lunch, and the elegant evening dinner at the main house. Again, all the staff immediately knew your name- it is like you get to be a part of the family. HIGHLY recommend the outside BBQ- such a fantastic event with unique and superb food, as well as live music and dancing- a wonderful Nevisian experience.
TIP-- I would highly recommend getting a meal plan with your room- we had breakfast and dinner included. They will swap out dinner and lunch if you decided to eat elsewhere, but honestly the food was so good we never wanted to leave.
The managers also shared ideas for activities, and arranged a guide for us to climb Mt. Nevis. It was such a fantastic experience- not easy by any means, but a great way to see the island.
TIP-- if you are going to climb, bring some gloves along as your hands will get very worn climbing all the ropes (I think we counted around 60-80!).
Also went to Sunshines for a Killer Bee, and some sightseeing on the Caribbean side. While the waters were calmer, it was a lot busier over on that side. Not nearly as quiet or private as Nisbet (all beaches on Nevis are public, but nobody seems to make the trip over to Nisbet's beach). On a side note, we stopped in the Four Seasons (this was our other choice as we usually stay at Four Seasons), and have to say that we weren't very impressed. Was a nice property, but not quite what I would expect from Four Seasons. Also, not a single person took the time to greet us as we made our way through the hotel.
Overall, I don't know whether we were more impressed with the food, the service, the hotel, the beach, or the Nevisian people. I think we miss all equally! Can't wait to return-- I don't know if we will be able to go to another Caribbean hotel after this visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nisbet is the Caribbean's only luxury plantation inn located on the beach. This intimate hideaway is one of the Caribbean's Top 10 Most Romantic Hotels and the ancestral home of Fanny Nisbet, the ever-faithful wife of British naval hero Admiral Horatio Nelson. A historic resort with only 36 rooms spread over 30 lush beachfront acres. Enjoy impeccable service that has helped Nisbet Plantation be recognized as one of the top Caribbean hotels. Vacation at a top Caribbean hotel on the island time forgot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nisbet Plantation Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Hotel Nevis
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Hotel
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Resort
- Nisbet Plantation Nevis
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Nevis/New Castle