We recently returned from a week at Nisbet Plantation.
My goal was to find a place that allowed us to totally relax, and this resort did just that. My wife and I have traveled from Maui to Italy and are extremely picky when it comes to food, location, accommodations and staff. This resort hit all marks with 5 stars.
The food is fantastic, from the nice breakfast at the beach, lunch at the bar or dinner. And dinner was to die for! The only problem was the 10 pounds I put on after a week of great food.
At first I was a little leery about the location, when I mapped it on Google earth; it shows just down from the airport. Don’t despair, the occasional prop plane taking off is very little distraction or annoyance. If I had to pick a downside to the location it would be the wind, but to be honest we spent a few days on the other side enjoying the beach at the Four Season, and it got somewhat hot. The beach was a bit choppy with a lot of sea grass, but nothing that would keep you out of the water. Walking down the beach a mile was a great way to enjoy the area.
The accommodations were also excellent. We stayed in an upper premier Jr. suite, which was perfect. We spent quite a bit of time watching the ocean and breeze sway the palm trees. Not sure how the other rooms were, but if I had to return it would be the same room.
The staff – there are not enough words to say how much the staff makes this resort. Whether it’s Violet at breakfast, or Patterson greeting you for dinner they all make you feel at home.
Getting there is probably the only downside. If you have the ability, take the water taxi. It makes it much nicer and convenient; however you will pay for that privilege. We took the water taxi on our arrival and ferry to return. The ferry is no problem and drops you off 5 min from the airport.
As far as nightlife on Nevis, don't go there for the parties and craziness. This is an island to relax and take in the Caribbean beauty. Other great places to visit while on the island, Golden Rock for lobster sandwich & Lime bar for great Grouper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nisbet is the Caribbean's only luxury plantation inn located on the beach. This intimate hideaway is one of the Caribbean's Top 10 Most Romantic Hotels and the ancestral home of Fanny Nisbet, the ever-faithful wife of British naval hero Admiral Horatio Nelson. A historic resort with only 36 rooms spread over 30 lush beachfront acres. Enjoy impeccable service that has helped Nisbet Plantation be recognized as one of the top Caribbean hotels. Vacation at a top Caribbean hotel on the island time forgot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Nisbet Plantation Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Hotel Nevis
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Hotel
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Resort
- Nisbet Plantation Nevis
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Nevis/New Castle