“Beautiful, relaxing but windy.”

Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Castle
New York City, New York
“Beautiful, relaxing but windy.”
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My husband and I went to Nisbet for our honeymoon. We loved the hotel. The staff was wonderful and always helpful. The manager even made a point to greet everyone everyday. On thursday nights the hotel has a barbeque with a live band which is a lot of fun. The regular restaurant in the great house is fabulous. The only problem is that since it is on the north side of the island, there is a lot of wind. My husband and I woud definitely return to Nisbet.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We stumbled upon this gem while visiting St Kitts/ Nevis. While touring Nevis we were introduced to Patterson the Maitre de for the Nisbet Plantation. He arranged for us to stay and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Patterson was fantastic and made us feel like royalty. The pictures do not justify the beauty of this place. We ended up staying another night to enjoy the wonderful beachside seafood buffett. The service was outstanding and all the staff called us by name. This is a place not to miss. Patterson was first class and we plan on returning as soon as possible.

New york
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We returned to nisbet after four years (we got married there in july 2006). We were planning to come back in our fifth year anniversary but we decided we needed to come back sooner since we loved it so much from our wedding experience. We are two very sleep deprived and exhausted parents of a very active 14 month old and needed a little parental break, so the idea of lying on the beach with nothing else to do but simply relax was too tempting!
I wish we could give six stars, but the rating only goes to five. All the wonderful things we experienced in Nisbet since our last trip hasn't changed - the wonderful and caring staff, the delicious food, the quiet and relaxing ambience, the wondeful breeze at the beach which made even hot days bearable for sunbathing. On our arrival there, the management gave us a room upgrade and we had a bottle of wine and ballons awaiting in our room, what a nice touch! One Other example of the great service is that before we left, they called us in our room to see if we wanted a special lobster for dinner (it wasn't planned in the menu for that night). I asked why we were the only guests to get it for dinner that night , since no other guests were offered that as an option. It turned out that it was because we would be leaving a few days before the lobster dinner would be available and they wanted us to have the opportunity to eat it. How thoughtfu! it is these simple but personal touches that makes the staff and the whole experience of staying there so awesome. The new manager Jamie did a great job while we stayed there, he offered to have a baby palm three planted as a memory of our wedding there, this is a new tradition that they started in the inn. We will be able to see the palm tree on our repeat visits there and check on its growth! What a wonderful way to mark our stay there. He also took pictures of the plantation and of our planting of the palm tree and gave us a CD to take home for our keepsake. I can go on and on, but all I have the say is that the staff is what makes the place so special. Most of the employees have been there for many years, and it shows on how well they run the place. Kudos to the staff, including roslyn, violet, angela, patterson, kady and dan among otheres, they have made our stay there so wonderful! We will be back next time with our son, who will hopefully enjoy his stay as much as we have!

2 Thank dubu
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2010

After arriving at the airport for my flight home, I was informed that my flight was canceled . My daughter and I were then sent to stay at an extremely large chain hotel in St. Kitts. I am sitting in my cookie cutter room as I write this. I have never missed Nevis and Nisbet Plantation more.

I cannot describe how beautiful my time there was. Traveling with a twelve year old alone is not easy, let me tell you, but being at Nisbet made it simple. The staff and their attention to detail are amazing. They were welcoming and pleasant from the first moment of our arrival to the last minute before departure. They spoke to us by name, they remembered our preferences, they made my daughter feel more special than I can tell you. The food was wonderful, simple, but wonderful. The property is stunning. The whole experience was just perfect.

My only suggestion is that, if you want to go to a calmer, more child-appropriate beach, head over to Oualie beach. It is absolutely stunning. The waters are calm and shallow. The sand is super-soft. The beach is so quiet. It is perfect and just a short ride away from Nisbet. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

I come from a large hustling bustling city. Decompressing doesn't come easy. I am grateful for the opportunity Nisbet gave me to wind down, reconnect with my child and myself and to find a happy peace. Those things alone made this trip worth every penny.

Thank you, NIsbet Plantation. Bri & I can't wait to see you again next year. :-)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 22 June 2010

This is a real gem. The management and staff are engaging, friendly and service oriented. They make it a point to know your name. In fact, they remembered by beverage order from the day before. The room was great and the food was absolutely outstanding. From start to finish, our stay at the The Nisbet Plantation was excellent. My wife and I will definately revisit.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Coventry
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We had 10 nights at Nisbet and it was a holiday we did not want to come home from. We travelled with two frieds to celebrate their 10 wedding annniversay and had food and drinks delivered personally to the balcony by Patterson. Staff are brilliant from Jamie the manager to Shirelle our housekeeper who kept our room spotless.. The service is immpecable and the food fantastic. The staff seem more like family and friends and genuinely care about the level of service given. Too many staff to mention but Leon, Patterson, Caddy, Dan, Violet, Steve and many others too numerous to mention are doing an excellent job. We will certainly be back for many future visits we hope. I would highly recommend this place. Overall cleanliness and standards will be hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank EileenMike
Southampton, England
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We have just spent 10 wonderful nights at Nisbet. Everything was better than I remembered. The staff are amazing, friendly and attentive but inobtrusive. The food at the Great House was out of this world. We had the best time in a beautiful setting on a fantastic beach. Looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Nisbet Plantation Beach Club? Share your experiences!