Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oualie Beach Resort(New Castle)(Great Value!)
US$230
Hyatt.com
US$579
US$490
  • Beachfront
Golden Rock Inn(Charlestown)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$199
Montpelier Plantation & Beach(Charlestown)(Great Value!)
US$187
Timothy Beach Resort(Frigate Bay)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$165
Hotels.com
Sugar Bay Club(Frigate Bay)
US$146
US$164
US$138
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat houseatlantic sidethursday nightafternoon teathe cottagespalm treesmeal planst kittsour honeymoonthe main housereturning guestsbreakfast is servedeveryone knows your namethe general managerpub crawlthe reefswater taxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a week in early Feb 2011.
The cottages in the grounds were well spread out, and were charming with shutters and fans, we did not need the air con. Monkeys and humming birds frequent visitors. American manager pro Americans and best avoided. All other staff charming.
The hotel is actually on the atlantic coast, a guarded secret. The weather was too windy to sit on the beach or swim for the first 4 days. It then warmed up and was pleasant. Plenty of carribean beaches near by but a car is a must. Easily booked locally. All beaches have active pelicans, flying and diving close to shore for fish. I could watch them for hours.
Some nice restaurants around, beach and inland, lunch and evening, but we found it impossible to get B+B at Nisbet.
Snorkelling is advertised on both Nevis and St Kitts but we found none ! Locals say the hurricanes have changed the beaches.
Our day trip to St Kitts was marred by an overbearing traffic warden and cruise ship beaches. The ferry info was confusing so really check it out. We went from Cades Bay on a converted US landing craft called " Sea Bridge ". Often runs late, but fun, and used by locals. If in doubt ask them to park your car, they are much more experienced ! You have to reverse up the ramp for starters.
It is incredibly quiet ! Client age range newly weds and 50 - 80 yr olds. I felt young at 56 ! Nisbet run a beach BBQ Thursdays, attended by locals from about 9pm, with music and dancing.
If you are feeling VERY fit climb MT Nevis. The peak clears 10 - 2. I climbed at 7.30 am in the cool, but stood in cloud at the top. 5 hr round trip from hotel.
Value for money - it IS expensive. My husband felt the rooms could have been more high tech, and I preferred their simplicity. It is thought that price keeps out the rif-raf. Nisbet have an expansion plan so check for ongoing building works.

Reviewed 17 February 2011

recently my wife and I visited Nisbet Plantation for the second time, and without question it was more enjoyable than our first incredible experience. It is truly amazing that after a year the staff still remebers our last visit, and greets us by name. On one particular morning we did not show for breakfast, and upon showing the following AM we were asked if we were Ok. Two different people from the AM staff noted that we did not show, and inquired if all was well. As one other reviewer stated "you are not treated as a guest of the resort; you treated as family would be".

That said: upon reading other comments; you've got to be kidding!!!! A complaint about the wind in the palm trees, and no wifi. I had no issue connecting to the wifi in the Great House. Each night we would get a pre dinner cocktail, and check what ever we needed to on the internet. As for the wind in the palms: it was the perfect music to close yours eyes to each and every night. Another complaint that I thought was a bit much was: a self proclaimed amateur cooks' claim that they could out do the Kitchen staff. Being that I am a trained chef; now wine industry professional, I would like to see the the "Bobby Flay throw down" they were pushing for. The food was extremely flavorful and delicious, the doneness of meats and fish pefect; while the presentation was eye catching. That guest would be running for the boats in shameful defeat.

Nisbet is #1 for a reason, and I strongly feel that they deserve it. you will too.

Reviewed 15 February 2011

I have recently moved to ST Kitts and decided to have a weekend trip away from work to relax and enjoy what Nevis has to offer. I had been recommended Nisbet Plantation Beach Club and it met all of my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised at the large beautifully decorated beach style bungalow which had comfortable beds and the best pillows ever! I enjoyed lunch by the water front and was greeted by friendly staff. In the afternoon I lounged on the beach swinging in one of the hammocks and although there was a cool breeze this was very much appreciated in the hot sun. After a dip in the hot tub early evening it was time to get ready for the evening meal.The evening was spent at the great house which is where the evening meal is served, food was fantastic, pricey but very enjoyable, my only complaint was that they would not allow a couple to sit in the conservatory as the tables were reserved for larger groups and there were two tables of large groups in the main restaurant that were extremely loud so I could not enjoy a nice quiet romantic meal with my partner. Considering the resort attracts couples I feel the conservatory should be offered to all guests.
The breakfast which is served by the swimming pool with views overlooking the Atlantic is to die for... I have never had so much choice and it filled me up for the day..
I would definitely return to Nisbet, if you are looking to relax and get away from every day busy life then this is a place to unwind and you leave feeling like you really have been looked after. A truly wonderful resort with very attentive staff!!! Thank you all at Nisbet. I will certainly be coming back....

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We have just returned from our third trip to Nisbet. It continues to be the only place in the world so far that we happily return to. Their standards remain very high . We enjoyed everything: the rooms, the food, the spa, the windy beach, and especially the staff. It was also fun to meet up with old friends from previous visits. Can't wait until we can go back again.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

Our 14 night stay at Nisbet turned into 17 nights due to a flight cancellation: we certainly didnt complain! Nisbet is exactly what it says it is on the website. A cursory glance at a map indicates that it is on the Atlantic coast so anyone staying here should be able to work out that it is the windier and rougher (sea-wise) side of the island. Reading reviewers' complaints about wind and waves makes me wonder what powers they think the hotel management have over the elements.

We found the staff incredibly accommodating and friendly. From the General Manager through to room cleaners everyone, without exception, was cheerful, friendly and eager to please guests. The rooms were simple rather than luxurious but very comfortable, the wifi a boon, and the restaurant, beach bar etc of a good standard. Afternoon tea on the patio was a joy and dinner generally extremely good. My only criticism of the food would be that the dinner menu was sometimes a little odd. Im not sure that Beef Wellington and the Caribbean make particularly good bedfellows. Notwithstanding, the food was good, service friendly and efficient and the ambience great.

Nisbet is not somewhere to visit if you want a hectic nightlife, hustle and bustle and a resort hotel experience. However, if you want to unwind and relax and enjoy peace and quiet (which we certainly did) it's a great place to stay. Though not a cheap option, the hotel represents good value. The staff are first rate and star staff such as Roslyn, Violet, Angela and Caddy (amongst others) made the stay memorable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple